Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This season 13:26 - Jul 16 with 919 viewssaint22

So what three clubs are going to be worse than us?
The fact that bar one signing we look to be relying on young reserve team loanees to bolster our already thin squad I think we are going to have a very tough season
if we start off they way we finished last year, well that doesn’t bear thinking about…..
This season on 13:41 - Jul 16 with 902 viewsSaintNick

The three promoted clubs are obvious candidates

Brentford, Norwich & Watford, hard to see any of them being able to compete.

Brighton & Burnley are likely to struggle again I would think, so that is 5.

The we have to look at those clubs who finished just above us, Crystal Palace are in a little bit of a revamp situation it could go either way for them, Newcastle struggled last season and perhaps will be no better next.

Likewise Wolves, new manager and they could again struggle to regain the form of two years ago.

I'm not sure about Aston Villa or Leeds being able to sustain their form of last season, in both the fixtures against them they were no better than us yet we took just 3 points when it should have been more.

After that it is hard to see Everton struggling but they werent great last season either at times , West Ham were awful two years ago but good in the last season, but they were functional rather than great, again they could find the weight of Europe on their back and struggle to get much above mid table.

It is easy to make everything gloomy through headlines, but the truth is last season we were better than the table suggests, our issues were down to a horrendous run of injuries in the second half of the season, with a good signing or two and minimal departures I think we could be up to around 10th.

I would say all of the clubs mentioned above aside from the promoted sides could finish anywhere between 9th & 17th

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

This season on 13:45 - Jul 16 with 896 viewsSaintsforeverj

It's not looking good. Nobody seems to be signing to bolster the squad. Quite a few fringe players leaving so the squad is thinner than it was last year, unless they plan to play Lemina, Long, Elyanoussi. A tough start with Everton, Man U, Newcastle and City. We hope to finish above Brentford, Watford, Norwich and Palace don't we. But I'm worried yes.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

This season on 13:52 - Jul 16 with 890 viewsSadoldgit

There are a number of cash strapped clubs in the same position and there is plenty of time yet before the transfer window slams shut. The time to start worrying is then if we haven’t got the squad we need in order to compete.
This season on 13:56 - Jul 16 with 883 viewsPatfromPoole

Brentford will be fine. They’ll be lower mid-table.

Norwich and Watford will probably struggle.

I’m struggling to find a 3rd.

Unless Jiminez doesn’t make it back for Wolves or Palace’s Vieira experiment goes pear-shaped.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

This season on 13:59 - Jul 16 with 881 viewsPatfromPoole

Brentford were the one team I didn’t want to win the play-offs, as they are a strong side with plenty of goals in them.

Needed Barnsley or Boscombe to go up really.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

This season on 14:02 - Jul 16 with 879 viewsdwayne_dibley

only two clubs will do worse than Saints

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

This season on 22:49 - Jul 16 with 767 views1ASIN12

I think Brentford will be fine.

The way I see it it’s any 3 from Brighton, Burnley,
Crystal Palace, Norwich , Saints and Watford .

There maybe a surprise where one of the above finish in the top 10 and another club gets sucked into the relegation battle.

Saints are in terrible form, it was not all down to injuries and the opening fixtures have not been kind for us to change that form .
This season on 23:08 - Jul 16 with 755 viewsSaintsforeverj

This season on 22:49 - Jul 16 by 1ASIN12

There maybe a surprise where one of the above finish in the top 10 and another club gets sucked into the relegation battle.

Saints are in terrible form, it was not all down to injuries and the opening fixtures have not been kind for us to change that form .

Don't know a lot about Brentford but anything could happen. Norwich might be more experienced this year with Farke still there and they may fare better as Farke will be more aware of what is needed. Burnley usually stay up under Dyche. Palace will probably struggle. Watford will struggle too I expect. I can see us competing with these clubs mentioned but the rest Leeds, Everton, Villa, even Brighton, I can't see us being near any of them. We hope to finish above the line, but gut feeling, it's going to be a massive struggle. Hope I'm wrong.

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Login to get fewer ads

This season on 08:21 - Jul 17 with 666 viewsSaintNick

This season on 23:08 - Jul 16 by Saintsforeverj

Don't know a lot about Brentford but anything could happen. Norwich might be more experienced this year with Farke still there and they may fare better as Farke will be more aware of what is needed. Burnley usually stay up under Dyche. Palace will probably struggle. Watford will struggle too I expect. I can see us competing with these clubs mentioned but the rest Leeds, Everton, Villa, even Brighton, I can't see us being near any of them. We hope to finish above the line, but gut feeling, it's going to be a massive struggle. Hope I'm wrong.

Not quite sure why so many seem to think Brentford will be mid table, I like them and wanted to see them come up, but they are totally unproven at Premier League level and had to scrape through in the play offs.

The two clubs who were automatically promoted were the two clubs relegated from the premier league the previous year, they have a proven track record and it doesn't look good.

Brentford will be a breath of fresh air they will attack, but they will face far better defences who might not give them the opportunities they got in the Championship.

If you support a team outside of the Big Four these days all you have left is hope, if you haven't got that hope then what is the point of even going to a game,.

What Brentford do have surrounding them is positivity, their fans are placing no targets on them or going on social media and predicting doom and gloom.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

This season on 08:46 - Jul 17 with 642 viewsRon11

This season on 22:49 - Jul 16 by 1ASIN12

Saints have good players (at the moment).
The style of play and tactics need to be changed so they can stop snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, Southgate style.
This season on 10:25 - Jul 17 with 600 viewsdwayne_dibley

or the next covid variant being sent to Europe in Chinnese shipping containers will wipe out most life.

They have a track recoed for it, just read about Ghengis Khan's carbon reduction tactics

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024