Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Door Matt 06:35 - Mar 12 with 1026 viewssaint22

While others suffered he just thought about himself and his mates
Self serving odious man

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/11/covid-test-kit-supplier-joked-matt
Door Matt on 07:00 - Mar 12 with 994 viewsKennington

You can nit pick all you like but can you imagine if Corbyn had won, it would have been health minister Dianne Abbott. So be grateful you’ve got a competent minister in Hancock who is overseeing the U.K. leading the world in the vaccine roll out.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Door Matt on 10:18 - Mar 12 with 892 viewskingslandstand1

Door Matt on 07:00 - Mar 12 by Kennington

You can nit pick all you like but can you imagine if Corbyn had won, it would have been health minister Dianne Abbott. So be grateful you’ve got a competent minister in Hancock who is overseeing the U.K. leading the world in the vaccine roll out.

I'm afraid it's called blinkered vision. Throws sh1t at anyone who so much as glances at the Daily Mail, but only posts articles from the Guardian as if everything in that paper is absolute gospel.
You can read whatever you like in to any newspaper articles that only print what they want you to read no matter what psper it is
Door Matt on 11:32 - Mar 12 with 863 viewsgrumpy

' competent minister in Hancock'
An inquiry into the pandemic will determine that.
Door Matt on 11:48 - Mar 12 with 850 viewssaint22

Door Matt on 10:18 - Mar 12 by kingslandstand1

I'm afraid it's called blinkered vision. Throws sh1t at anyone who so much as glances at the Daily Mail, but only posts articles from the Guardian as if everything in that paper is absolute gospel.
You can read whatever you like in to any newspaper articles that only print what they want you to read no matter what psper it is

You can read it on the bbc and the independent and the telegraph and sky pal
Dress it up however you want and act ignorant as that's working out for this country isnt it
He is a fool amongst fools which makes you one too if you think he is a competent MP, or in fact competent person
Door Matt on 16:33 - Mar 12 with 743 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 11:48 - Mar 12 by saint22

You can read it on the bbc and the independent and the telegraph and sky pal
Dress it up however you want and act ignorant as that's working out for this country isnt it
He is a fool amongst fools which makes you one too if you think he is a competent MP, or in fact competent person

I don’t really have a problem with contracts being awarded to people associating with ministers. It’s always happened and always will. It’s in the interests of people with power to lobby and be close to government, and the benefits work both ways. In this instance the proper procurement rules were followed.

I’m more interested in outcomes, so here are a few thoughts on Hancock to help judge if he has been successful .

Should Hancock have been better prepared for a pandemic? Probably yes.

Was Hancock responsible for catastrophic early covid policy, probably not, it seemed that the decisions on lockdown were No 10’s and not the DHSC.

How well has Hancock done in leading his dept? I’d say pretty well. The supply of PPE over recent months, the vaccine roll out has been very impressive. Test & Trace clearly not so successful, but over all I’d give him a solid 7 out of 10.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2021 16:48]

Door Matt on 17:20 - Mar 12 with 721 viewssaint22

Door Matt on 16:33 - Mar 12 by Kennington

I don’t really have a problem with contracts being awarded to people associating with ministers. It’s always happened and always will. It’s in the interests of people with power to lobby and be close to government, and the benefits work both ways. In this instance the proper procurement rules were followed.

I’m more interested in outcomes, so here are a few thoughts on Hancock to help judge if he has been successful .

Was Hancock responsible for catastrophic early covid policy, probably not, it seemed that the decisions on lockdown were No 10’s and not the DHSC.

How well has Hancock done in leading his dept? I’d say pretty well. The supply of PPE over recent months, the vaccine roll out has been very impressive. Test & Trace clearly not so successful, but over all I’d give him a solid 7 out of 10.

I would be interested to know what criteria you use to judge how successful he has been
Other than rolling out the vaccine, some 6 months late I would say he has failed, back tracked U turned etc on pretty much everything
and if you are fine that he gave millions of pounds worth of contracts to his mate who had never produced PPE etc before then that just goes to show why people like him are in power
Door Matt on 17:55 - Mar 12 with 697 viewsgrumpy

'I’d say pretty well. The supply of PPE over recent months'

'recent months' we needed sufficient PPE a lot sooner than that.

The vaccine roll out has been very impressive, yes! because the right people are in charge of it unlike the Test & Trace was at the beginning.
Door Matt on 19:18 - Mar 12 with 668 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 17:20 - Mar 12 by saint22

I would be interested to know what criteria you use to judge how successful he has been
Other than rolling out the vaccine, some 6 months late I would say he has failed, back tracked U turned etc on pretty much everything
and if you are fine that he gave millions of pounds worth of contracts to his mate who had never produced PPE etc before then that just goes to show why people like him are in power

Wasn’t aware the vaccine was six months late. I thought the U.K. licensed it before every other country.

As to your other points, he’s the sos for health and social care and not the prime minister. If we’re talking about Boris’s performance I’d probably score him a “Jack Stephens”, i.e. 4/10.

Login to get fewer ads

Door Matt on 19:47 - Mar 12 with 650 viewsBicester_North

Door Matt on 17:20 - Mar 12 by saint22

Benno, stick to refs you’re ok on that subject.

When attempting political and social commentary you just come across as a childlike imbecile.

By the way I think Hancock is a c*nt, but a lesser c*nt than the c*nts who lost the election

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Door Matt on 20:00 - Mar 12 with 638 viewsDorsetIan

It's not just 'contracts' - it's been millions and billions dished out to friends.

I appreciate that in times of war and other crisis there are always grifters and bootleggers trying to profit from the misery of others, but it's unusual for the government to be so complicit in the scam.

I'm not losing too much sleep over, as I'm pretty sure the truth will all come out in the end, but I'm amazed that people can be so complacent about the levels of profligacy involved.

Can you remember the outrage at the EU not being able to properly account for a few euros, or an MEP giving a job to a family member?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Door Matt on 20:44 - Mar 12 with 617 viewsKennington

Door Matt on 20:00 - Mar 12 by DorsetIan

It's not just 'contracts' - it's been millions and billions dished out to friends.

I appreciate that in times of war and other crisis there are always grifters and bootleggers trying to profit from the misery of others, but it's unusual for the government to be so complicit in the scam.

I'm not losing too much sleep over, as I'm pretty sure the truth will all come out in the end, but I'm amazed that people can be so complacent about the levels of profligacy involved.

Can you remember the outrage at the EU not being able to properly account for a few euros, or an MEP giving a job to a family member?

Looking at it objectively these friends have been legally awarded contracts. You’re implying that there was direct interference from ministers to award them. Is there any evidence for that assumption? Just because a minister’s department awards contracts to people they know that isn’t cronyism, despite what channel 4 and the Guardian would have you believe.

Do you know how many contracts are theoretically under the funding of the DHSC? I’d estimate it’s t’s hundreds of thousands if not into the millions. Clearly those contracts aren’t held in Whitehall but they’re all ultimately funded by them. Are you arguing that senior civil servants or ministers can’t be friends with any of those prospective or current contract holders? For a start it would mean that ministers couldn’t be friends with GPs as GPs are in effect private businesses being funded by the DHSC. And if you dig into many GP contracts there are many questionable claims for funding that at best stretch the truth.

Door Matt on 20:46 - Mar 12 with 613 viewsBicester_North

Door Matt on 20:00 - Mar 12 by DorsetIan

If truth will come out in the end then let’s hope you’re right.

Many politicians are corrupt and that’s been the way for years and years. If you think it’s unusual for governments to be involved in profiteering from contracts you must be one naive Dorset dweller.

The difference between government in the 21st century and previous governments is technology and media spreading the word, so everybody thinks or has an idea they know what’s going on behind the scenes.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Door Matt on 09:26 - Mar 13 with 539 viewsDorsetIan

Door Matt on 20:44 - Mar 12 by Kennington

Looking at it objectively these friends have been legally awarded contracts. You’re implying that there was direct interference from ministers to award them. Is there any evidence for that assumption? Just because a minister’s department awards contracts to people they know that isn’t cronyism, despite what channel 4 and the Guardian would have you believe.

Do you know how many contracts are theoretically under the funding of the DHSC? I’d estimate it’s t’s hundreds of thousands if not into the millions. Clearly those contracts aren’t held in Whitehall but they’re all ultimately funded by them. Are you arguing that senior civil servants or ministers can’t be friends with any of those prospective or current contract holders? For a start it would mean that ministers couldn’t be friends with GPs as GPs are in effect private businesses being funded by the DHSC. And if you dig into many GP contracts there are many questionable claims for funding that at best stretch the truth.

I am sure the government will be able to defend every single contract on the basis of merit or expediency. And you are welcome to give them the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t. The numbers involved are just too large and the relative chance of getting a contract if you were a friend, just so much greater.

Door Matt on 09:41 - Mar 13 with 530 viewsDorsetIan

Door Matt on 20:46 - Mar 12 by Bicester_North

If truth will come out in the end then let’s hope you’re right.

Many politicians are corrupt and that’s been the way for years and years. If you think it’s unusual for governments to be involved in profiteering from contracts you must be one naive Dorset dweller.

The difference between government in the 21st century and previous governments is technology and media spreading the word, so everybody thinks or has an idea they know what’s going on behind the scenes.

I was talking about them being involved in profiteering from a national crisis. Not sure the government during the war was implicit in the black market?

The fact that everything is more transparent now is great. All taxpayers should welcome that.

There’s another issue here though, I think. These big decisions were made by a newly elected government that was pretty full of itself, and didn’t give the impression that it was too interested in following the normal rules. You can easily imagine, with Dom Cummings breathing down their necks to just get things done, ministers took the easiest options and went with people they knew and trusted. Understandable, but still wrong and has cost us absolutely billions. The amount spent on track and trace is almost beyond belief, particularly given how sh1t it’s been, as is the ease with which top dollar consultancy contracts have been handed out.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024