Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Am I being Tooo Optimistic? 10:17 - Mar 24 with 1750 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Looking toward our semi against Leicester - I REALLY feel we have a good chance ... I think that our main concern is getting Oriol ROMEU back and firing again to take care of Maddison in midfield - how about having a front line of Adams - Ings - Redmond with Takumi MINAMINO just behind ... that should destroy Brendan Rogers plans - whatever happens, we do need that bit of luck! Remember in our last semi Gabbie SHOULD have had his hattrick - HE WAS CLEARLY ON SIDE ....... BUT Ahhh we do have VAR now --- presumably Danny's THUMBNAIL will be dem him offside and could be THE talking point, of the whole match - rather than giving him a fantastic goal to send him off to pastures new ???? WHAT a load of TOSH !!! THEY HAVE TO SORT VAR OUT as if they cannot come up with a definitive plan - THAT IS SIMPLE & THAT EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS.THEN when we get to the final - well anything could happen - even CITY can have a bad day ---- What a Fantastic way to finish a very shit year off! C.O.U.SAINTS.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 10:50 - Mar 24 with 1723 viewsSaintNick

I think you are being a little optimistic in that Romeu is out for the season so wont be back in time for the semi, Gabbiadini only played the last 12 minutes of the semi against Chelsea so got nowhere near a hat trick, i'm assuming you mean the League cup final in 2017.

But you are right we can beat Leicester, they are a team that cna blow hot and cold, we have a chance

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 10:56 - Mar 24 with 1714 views1teeminants

Minamino is cup tied I’m afraid .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 22:31 - Mar 27 with 1489 viewsdarthvader

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 10:56 - Mar 24 by 1teeminants

Minamino is cup tied I’m afraid .

Theo isnt tho

keep the faith coyr

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 11:56 - Mar 28 with 1348 viewsSadoldgit

As we know from 76 anything can happen in a one off game. They will be favourites but they doesn’t mean to say we can’t beat them. We seem to play better in the cup games.
Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 12:06 - Mar 28 with 1341 viewsDorsetIan

Leicester not reached an FA Cup final since 1969, and they will start as clear favourites, so hopefully the pressure will play a part for them.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 22:51 - Mar 28 with 1258 viewsdirk_doone

I feel more oprimistic about this semi-final than the last one. The manner of that Bournemouth victory changed everything. We didn't just scrape through; we cruised to victory. It was like we were back to those late autumn days when we were top of the league. Then there is the Forster factor: he hasn't let a goal in throughout our cup run and if it comes down to a penalty shootout, we know his penalty saving record is outstanding.

Understandably, the bookies make Leicester favourites - they are 2nd in the league - but there is nothing wrong with a bit of optimism on our part. I remember how miserable that 2018 semi-final was, going to Wembley with a manager we had no belief in, knowing we were going to lose. This time it's different.
[Post edited 28 Mar 2021 22:54]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 14:22 - Apr 1 with 1080 viewsDorsetIan

I see it's being reported that there will be 4,000 tickets available for the game but for Wembley locals rather than Saints or Leicester fans.

A bit sad that an FA Cup semi is being used as an exercise in covid crowd control but hopefully there will be a few proper fans amongst them.

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 15:03 - Apr 1 with 1051 viewspjt50

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 14:22 - Apr 1 by DorsetIan

I see it's being reported that there will be 4,000 tickets available for the game but for Wembley locals rather than Saints or Leicester fans.

A bit sad that an FA Cup semi is being used as an exercise in covid crowd control but hopefully there will be a few proper fans amongst them.

Do you reckon there'll be a black market in tickets? I suppose with that number they could easily do ID checks on the gate.

The '76 Wembley ticket cost me £25. A lot of money then but probably the best £25 I've ever spent — and I did get £15 of it back from the bookies. Not sure I'd do it now. Wembley is a bit of a soulless experience these days. A bit like watching it on TV but with queues & expensive beer.

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Login to get fewer ads

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 15:17 - Apr 1 with 1029 viewsDorsetIan

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 15:03 - Apr 1 by pjt50

Do you reckon there'll be a black market in tickets? I suppose with that number they could easily do ID checks on the gate.

The '76 Wembley ticket cost me £25. A lot of money then but probably the best £25 I've ever spent — and I did get £15 of it back from the bookies. Not sure I'd do it now. Wembley is a bit of a soulless experience these days. A bit like watching it on TV but with queues & expensive beer.

You'd have to expect that if they don't want travelling fans there, they're going to be quite hot on ID etc.

But it makes things a little bit hopeful for the final at least.

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 21:43 - Apr 5 with 914 viewsSaintNick

Hope is all that keeps us going as football fans, if you can't have some optimism sometimes then there isn't much point in supporting a club

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 22:06 - Apr 5 with 898 viewscocklebreath

If we can avoid injuries to our main men then I’m confident we can give it a really good go. With Yesterday’s front 4 we will always cause problems

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 08:03 - Apr 6 with 845 viewsSalisburySaint

Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 15:17 - Apr 1 by DorsetIan

You'd have to expect that if they don't want travelling fans there, they're going to be quite hot on ID etc.

But it makes things a little bit hopeful for the final at least.

from memory i think you needed ID to get in for the two Saints home games were allowed to attend so I'm sure you would need ID for semi final
Am I being Tooo Optimistic? on 09:11 - Apr 6 with 811 viewsJaySaint

Both sainst and leicester have got the semi-final they wanted. Great chance to make the final!!!

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024