Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who Is Going To Protest Tonight 11:54 - Apr 30 with 1064 viewsSaintNick

There have been protests about the European Super League outside most Premier League fixtures played since the announcement, who is going to go down there tonight

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 12:16 - Apr 30 with 1033 viewsSaintsforeverj

This is another dig at the Saints fans. They are 100 times better, loyal and resilient than the team you follow. Most grounds? The protests were outside the grounds of the teams involved. The only exception was Leeds, on the day, or one day after the super league was announced and they were playing a team who had agreed to join. The super league won't be happening now, so what would be the point of protesting about something that isn't going to happen?

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 12:17 - Apr 30 with 1032 viewsDellHero_Would

I was all for it as long as they were all kicked out of our league and cup competitions. The sooner we have league where average players are earning no more than 5k a week the better. A league that is competitive also.

It’s become a borefest. City even win the league cup every year without breaking a sweat. Plus we’re Saints fans, we don’t do protests, too much effort...I’ll be at home enjoying a few chilled Staropramens :)

Poll: Wearing a mask

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 12:28 - Apr 30 with 1019 viewsdwayne_dibley

is there an app for it

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 12:44 - Apr 30 with 1008 viewskingslandstand1

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 12:16 - Apr 30 by Saintsforeverj

This is another dig at the Saints fans. They are 100 times better, loyal and resilient than the team you follow. Most grounds? The protests were outside the grounds of the teams involved. The only exception was Leeds, on the day, or one day after the super league was announced and they were playing a team who had agreed to join. The super league won't be happening now, so what would be the point of protesting about something that isn't going to happen?

Tbf I think (hope!) Nick's post was slightly tongue in cheek. The protests that have taken place so far have achieved their goal with the clubs involved certainly doing some re-thinking about the whole situation.

Though I'm guessing they will come back with something similar in a different format, it also seems that with what they did do has resulted in a few of the top boys at those clubs having fallen on their own swords
Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 13:31 - Apr 30 with 965 viewsSaintNick

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 12:16 - Apr 30 by Saintsforeverj

As someone said in a post lower down this was a bit tongue in cheek, the team I follow is Saints, so Im not sure how they can be 100 times better than themselves.

I might have a bit of a tongue in cheek joke around on here sometimes that seems to rile up a few people.

Sometimes I do feel that I support Liverpool with more passion than some Saints supporters follow their own team, truth is yes it was tongue in cheek, but I'm sick to death of reading social media that just runs down MY team Southampton day in day out, some people just don't have a good word to say about them.

With regard to the protesting, that should just be starting, the Super League isn't dead it has just been stopped, all we have is appeasement, we have maintained a status quo where the big clubs are still getting richer and widening the gap, we now need to make sure that there is a change in football and that game is controlled by the minority not the majority

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 13:38 - Apr 30 with 952 viewsKennington

If the mega clubs of Europe go off and do their own thing I’m fine with that. So no I won’t be protesting. I think in the long run the super league could have benefitted saints. For a start if the top 6 eventually left the premier league altogether and even the league cup, we’d have a chance of having far more potentially winnable games. I don’t care if our tv money is reduced as it’s not like we buy decent players now anyway. Even with the huge tv money, it seems we still scrape around buying punts for £10m or so. I reckon saints could actually be a really good club for many of the upcoming players to be for a season or two before moving up to the super league. So we could actually have been stronger.

Right now we have about a third of our season’s matches against teams that have resources which are so disproportionately greater than ours that it’s all a bit silly. So if they do leave then that’s ok.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 13:38]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 13:59 - Apr 30 with 922 viewsSaintsforeverj

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 13:31 - Apr 30 by SaintNick

As someone said in a post lower down this was a bit tongue in cheek, the team I follow is Saints, so Im not sure how they can be 100 times better than themselves.

I might have a bit of a tongue in cheek joke around on here sometimes that seems to rile up a few people.

Sometimes I do feel that I support Liverpool with more passion than some Saints supporters follow their own team, truth is yes it was tongue in cheek, but I'm sick to death of reading social media that just runs down MY team Southampton day in day out, some people just don't have a good word to say about them.

With regard to the protesting, that should just be starting, the Super League isn't dead it has just been stopped, all we have is appeasement, we have maintained a status quo where the big clubs are still getting richer and widening the gap, we now need to make sure that there is a change in football and that game is controlled by the minority not the majority

"Sometimes I do feel that I support Liverpool with more passion than some Saints supporters follow their own team" so you do support Liverpool then? Again, I'm sure another joke, but likewise we can criticise our team on our own fan base forum, but I would stand up for my team with any supporter of another club and the fans of my club, who are some the most loyal in the country.
[Post edited 30 Apr 2021 14:39]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 14:46 - Apr 30 with 866 viewssaints__fan__73

Why would we be protesting about the ESL?

Like the CL, to a club like ours it's totally irrelevant.

Why should be have any opinion if it's better if the clubs involved keep all of the revenue or if UEFA continue to skim some off of the top to keep their officials noses in the trough.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Login to get fewer ads

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 14:49 - Apr 30 with 855 viewssaints__fan__73

Nick, what is your opinion on the ESL. Surely it is a good thing for Saints? If there is no ESL things will continue as they are and we will be looking at mid-table at best season after season. Pretty dull.

If the ESL results in the top 6 leaving then what remains will be a very competitive league featuring with rest of the PL and the best of the Championship where just about any team could win each season.

I know which I would prefer. What about you?

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 15:53 - Apr 30 with 816 viewskingslandstand1

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 14:49 - Apr 30 by saints__fan__73

Nick, what is your opinion on the ESL. Surely it is a good thing for Saints? If there is no ESL things will continue as they are and we will be looking at mid-table at best season after season. Pretty dull.

If the ESL results in the top 6 leaving then what remains will be a very competitive league featuring with rest of the PL and the best of the Championship where just about any team could win each season.

I know which I would prefer. What about you?

I know you've pointed the question at Nick, but for what my opinion's worth, surely we want to be playing against the best clubs in the country and aspire to actually try and join them as Leicester have done? Yes, I know they weren't invited to the table as not yet a global "name" to make the zillions they reckon they will make, but at least they have that satisfaction of getting to the table by competing. West Ham are also giving it a go

If these 6 clubs do bu66er off then we will in fact be 2nd tier with no chance of joining them and I quite enjoy having a go at the top tier clubs. How satisfying is it when we do (and it does happen occasionally) beat them?

I agree that it may be more competitive without the top 2 or 3 clubs always winning the league, but surely we will end up in a few years time with the same clubs winning as they do now, but just different teams to now. Certainly looking at the current batch of clubs at the top, Leicester and possibly Everton with be among those clubs, but no matter what, it will be a 2nd division league

Very difficult to know how it would all end up
Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 16:04 - Apr 30 with 798 viewssaintjeff52

No Point. Let's just concentrate on getting some points from our last 6 Games. Super League is not likely to bother us, any time soon.
Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 19:13 - Apr 30 with 677 viewscocklebreath

Get off your f&cin soap box you gimp

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 09:25 - May 1 with 562 viewsMattFinish

Personally, there's only one set of owners I'd protest about
Who Is Going To Protest Tonight on 09:45 - May 1 with 543 viewsdirk_doone

Anyway, Nick, as a matter of interest, how was your protest outside St Mary's last night? Did many others join you?
[Post edited 1 May 2021 9:45]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024