Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton FC Press Release 09:15 - Nov 23 with 917 viewsSaintsNews

Southampton FC Press Release 23rd Nov 2021 09:12
Saints have released a press release concerning the conclusion of the independent report commissioned into the historic abuse at the club in the 1970's & 80's, read of for details of the press release. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton FC Press Release on 11:08 - Nov 26 with 703 views1885_SFC

Not a great day for the club...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-59417390

Old School is Cool

Southampton FC Press Release on 11:20 - Nov 26 with 682 viewsSadoldgit

Sadly many people turned a blind eye to this stuff back then, not just the club. Jimmy Savile was just the tip of the iceberg.
Southampton FC Press Release on 18:05 - Nov 26 with 609 viewsSonicBoom

I was at school in the early 80's and Higgins name was a figure of playground fun. I remember jokes about him being paedo.
How the club turned a blind eye I have no idea.
Southampton FC Press Release on 23:00 - Nov 26 with 499 viewsPoirot

I can remember this back in the 80s growing up in a simllar timeline to the players leaving school in 1989. Throughout that year is when things started to appear around the city and certainly after higgins walked. At the time i hung around with numerous bods from bitterne park school, where higgins had operated and lived not far away. Ive looked at this barnardos report, but i dont agree with many elements 'suggested' and some of its so called 'conclusions'. Which itself says is based around assumption as there is nothing written down and its mainly all unkown. When people say 'the club turned a blind eye' ive never heard or seen any evidence to suggest that. Some points you could query at the club is why they didnt inform the police in 1989 when things were alleged. It was only a couple of weeks later when the Police went to the club about a serparate complaint did things start to come out fully regarding the youth players. The documentry in 1997 is also a strange one with nothing happening at FA or Police invovlement.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 23:10]
Southampton FC Press Release on 11:24 - Nov 27 with 386 viewsBerber

Sports clubs, businesses, the media, the police all historically shied away from the controversy and or the responsibility to take action. It is human nature to hope that the uncomfortable things in life will go away of their own accord. Sadly, perverts and deviants don't care, and just want a bit more, then a bit more again, and if there is no push back, they won't stop. In every other aspect, they might be nice people, but wrong behaviours have to be challenged and stamped out wherever they surface.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024