Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flags 18:04 - Oct 19 with 5383 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not had a good flag thread for a while, there were 2 flags behind me on Sunday, a Swansea "loyal" on the Northern Ireland flag and a Union Jack with Swansea loyal or similar with London is our capital on it. Both lasted about 10mins before stewards removed them. What would be the cause of removal, pretty sure a few around me complained about them, one guy was going nuts asking them to be pulled down. Anyone else see these ?
Flags on 22:23 - Oct 19 with 985 viewsFireboy2

Flags on 22:14 - Oct 19 by 73__73

You obviously can’t tell the difference between unionism and terrorism , or do you think over 1,000,000 unionists in Ulster are terrorists

Are all republicans in NI terrorists?
Flags on 22:32 - Oct 19 with 967 viewsChief

Flags on 22:22 - Oct 19 by 73__73

Who said it has got anything to do with the club ? You are obviously seeing things that aren’t there.
Maybe we should have a flag vetting system in place, where all legal flags are scrutinised to make sure they pass the snowflake test.

Oh there I was thinking that the flags were put up at a Swansea City game in the Swansea.com Stadium in Swansea, and they had Swansea written on them and a Swansea City badge on them? Hmm seems like a pretty blatent attempt to associate the club with that political cause to me!

Yes well it's looks like it's already in place with the fans in attendance not wanting it up near them and the stewards taking it down.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Flags on 23:13 - Oct 19 with 921 viewsReslovenSwan1

Flags of RoI or Northern ireland or France or USA or Russia are all fine if they represent the local support for the club of Swansea. For example Moscow Jacks. However if they have 'Loyalist' or "Yes Wales' or leftist or rightist suggestions they should be taken down.

The Swansea.com stadium and Swansea city will not have itself used as a promoting arm for activists of any persuasion without prior permission. The BLM was a miscalculation. Rainbow laces and flags are seen as an anti discrimination message. Army / navy recruitment activities have to be paid for. Armistice activities are charitable.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Flags on 05:24 - Oct 20 with 865 viewsangryjack

Flags on 23:13 - Oct 19 by ReslovenSwan1

Flags of RoI or Northern ireland or France or USA or Russia are all fine if they represent the local support for the club of Swansea. For example Moscow Jacks. However if they have 'Loyalist' or "Yes Wales' or leftist or rightist suggestions they should be taken down.

The Swansea.com stadium and Swansea city will not have itself used as a promoting arm for activists of any persuasion without prior permission. The BLM was a miscalculation. Rainbow laces and flags are seen as an anti discrimination message. Army / navy recruitment activities have to be paid for. Armistice activities are charitable.

I'm british b4 I call myself welsh.what has the welsh government done for Wales outside Cardiff other than let it rot.and cardiff prosper...I'd support union Jack everytime b4 the welsh flag..disgusting it was taken down
Flags on 07:11 - Oct 20 with 847 viewspencoedjack

Flags on 05:24 - Oct 20 by angryjack

I'm british b4 I call myself welsh.what has the welsh government done for Wales outside Cardiff other than let it rot.and cardiff prosper...I'd support union Jack everytime b4 the welsh flag..disgusting it was taken down

This ^

The irony that the Basseys sing they get everything & Swansea get a swimming pool & the good people of Swansea moan about a union Jack with London is our capital on it.

Not sure how many people who live in Swansea ever go to Cardiff & the see the money that is being spunked on it by the WAG.
Flags on 08:15 - Oct 20 with 814 viewsChief

Flags on 05:24 - Oct 20 by angryjack

Few points here. This is football, we have our own national football team - Wales. The Welsh flag clearly represents that. It doesn't represent the Welsh government, that is an elected bunch of politician's some of which aren't Welsh that change every few years, so not sure how the Welsh flag actually really represents that.

The Welsh Government doesn't have full tax raising powers, so until the Welsh Government can have the ability to fund itself, it's a bit rich moaning about funding. Maybe with more there could more funding for areas outside of the main population centre of the country which is the South East. I don't know why Swans fans put down the City of Swansea so much. It's a great City.

And also are you trying to say that prior to the fairly recent formation of the Assembly / Government at the Senedd that underfunding for Wales (and areas outside of Cardiff) didn't exist!? Do you honestly believe a Tory government in Westminster would fund a mostly working class society in Swansea better!?
Come on lads you're you're giving the scum ammunition to take the pish out of us.

I'm all for winding the scum up but we've got plenty of avenues to do that without selling ourselves out and misappropriating conflicts from other parts of Britain that have nothing to do with Swansea or Swansea City football club.

The scum would hate it more if more Swans fans defiantly didn't let the hatred of Cardiff sour support for their National team instead of essentially pandering down to what the scum want and that's for their self fulfilling prophecies of Swans fans not supporting Wales coming true. They love it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 8:20]

Flags on 08:39 - Oct 20 with 797 viewsangryjack

Flags on 08:15 - Oct 20 by Chief

Few points here. This is football, we have our own national football team - Wales. The Welsh flag clearly represents that. It doesn't represent the Welsh government, that is an elected bunch of politician's some of which aren't Welsh that change every few years, so not sure how the Welsh flag actually really represents that.

The Welsh Government doesn't have full tax raising powers, so until the Welsh Government can have the ability to fund itself, it's a bit rich moaning about funding. Maybe with more there could more funding for areas outside of the main population centre of the country which is the South East. I don't know why Swans fans put down the City of Swansea so much. It's a great City.

And also are you trying to say that prior to the fairly recent formation of the Assembly / Government at the Senedd that underfunding for Wales (and areas outside of Cardiff) didn't exist!? Do you honestly believe a Tory government in Westminster would fund a mostly working class society in Swansea better!?
Come on lads you're you're giving the scum ammunition to take the pish out of us.

I'm all for winding the scum up but we've got plenty of avenues to do that without selling ourselves out and misappropriating conflicts from other parts of Britain that have nothing to do with Swansea or Swansea City football club.

The scum would hate it more if more Swans fans defiantly didn't let the hatred of Cardiff sour support for their National team instead of essentially pandering down to what the scum want and that's for their self fulfilling prophecies of Swans fans not supporting Wales coming true. They love it.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 8:20]

Listen I'm british and union Jack shouldn't have been brought down there was others up in other part ground.
Flags on 08:42 - Oct 20 with 795 viewsVincent_Vega

Simple answer to all this, ban all flags. If children cant play nice, take away their toys. Shame a piece of fire resistant cloth stirs such infantile behavior.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Flags on 08:48 - Oct 20 with 787 viewspencoedjack

Flags on 08:42 - Oct 20 by Vincent_Vega

Simple answer to all this, ban all flags. If children cant play nice, take away their toys. Shame a piece of fire resistant cloth stirs such infantile behavior.

I believe Arsenal banned all national flags
Flags on 08:51 - Oct 20 with 784 viewsVincent_Vega

Flags on 08:48 - Oct 20 by pencoedjack

I believe Arsenal banned all national flags

It truly is the only way. If peoples fee fees get hurt over certain flags then all must be banned. Simples.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Flags on 08:51 - Oct 20 with 782 viewsChief

Flags on 08:39 - Oct 20 by angryjack

Listen I'm british and union Jack shouldn't have been brought down there was others up in other part ground.

The others didn't have political slogans on them. This wasn't a plain union jack.

Flags on 09:28 - Oct 20 with 758 viewsBoundy

Flags never hurt anyone , its tends to be the person holding it which is the problem

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Flags on 09:54 - Oct 20 with 745 viewspencoedjack

Flags on 09:28 - Oct 20 by Boundy

Flags never hurt anyone , its tends to be the person holding it which is the problem

Or the person reading what's written on it.

I wouldn't particularly like an Irish flag being flown at the Liberty, cant imagine Id run of to a steward to ask him to remove it.
Flags on 12:16 - Oct 20 with 699 viewsKilkennyjack

Flags on 09:54 - Oct 20 by pencoedjack

Or the person reading what's written on it.

I wouldn't particularly like an Irish flag being flown at the Liberty, cant imagine Id run of to a steward to ask him to remove it.

Why are you scared of an Irish tricolour flag ?

We have had a number of players and managers who are Irish, including Brendan, Pat Lally, Ampadu, and the great LT10. Phelan was suberb.

I would not take a St George flag or the Butchers Apron to a Swans match, but they don't scare me.

Flags with political words on are a different consideration.

The welsh flag is our flag, fly it with pride. Y ddraig goch 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿.
Best flag in the world, and feared by no-one.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024