Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 06:12 - Sep 10 with 12047 viewsKeithHaynes

Tuesday September 13th 2022
Kick off 7.45pm

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58520/heavy-week-and-int

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58521/michael-obafemi-wh

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58524/oli-mcburnie-to-st

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Matty Sorinola, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Ollie Cooper, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Harry Darling, Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson, Luke Cundle, Fin Stevens, Armstrong Oko-Flex.

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, George Baldock, Chris Basham, Sander Berge, Oli McBurnie, John Egan (captain), Anel Ahmedhodzic, Oliver Norwood, Tommy Doyle, Iliman Ndiaye, Rhys Norrington-Davies.

Substitutes: Jordan Amissah, Rhian Brewster, Reda Khadra, James McAtee, Kyron Gordon, Andre Brooks, Daniel Jebbison.

To follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:45 - Sep 12 with 2049 viewstrampie

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:30 - Sep 12 by Sirjohnalot

Absolutely, so let’s say eg 7 years. It’s playing the national anthem marking the death of the monarch.

Sadly I think they won’t play it. It’s a shame that such things can’t be put to one side on times like this.

People went to war and died for queen and country, I just fail to understand the reaction. I may be wrong but don’t get it

Don't think I'm picking you up up on things to have a go at you, I'm not, I'm only expressing an opinion, we are after all only expressing our personal opinions you and me both, not everyone went to war for Queen and country, for their country yes but not everyone for the Queen, as a technicality wasn't it a king on the throne during the world wars ?, not that it matters, can't be arsed to check, there was republicans fighting for us in wars not all soldiers particularly conscripted ones are royalists and there was some Celts that would have fought for their own Queen and country if they had their own Queen if you know what I mean but in the circumstances they just fought for their country, check out some of the free Wales army types some of them were British soldiers, without checking I think one of them was behind trying to stop the Investiture of Prince Charles.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:51 - Sep 12 with 2042 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:45 - Sep 12 by trampie

Don't think I'm picking you up up on things to have a go at you, I'm not, I'm only expressing an opinion, we are after all only expressing our personal opinions you and me both, not everyone went to war for Queen and country, for their country yes but not everyone for the Queen, as a technicality wasn't it a king on the throne during the world wars ?, not that it matters, can't be arsed to check, there was republicans fighting for us in wars not all soldiers particularly conscripted ones are royalists and there was some Celts that would have fought for their own Queen and country if they had their own Queen if you know what I mean but in the circumstances they just fought for their country, check out some of the free Wales army types some of them were British soldiers, without checking I think one of them was behind trying to stop the Investiture of Prince Charles.

Please never ever apologise for anything you ever say to me, picking me up, being pedantic, I’ll never take offence.

I’ve never fought (would never be brave enough) but mates who have and people I’ve represented all talk about the pride and their love of the Queen. She was extremely supportive of them and said a lot in private that meant so much to them.

Royal family has a long history of service, Phillip, Andrew, William and Harry. We are all British, like it or not, and it is the British anthem.

But again. Never ever apologise for disagreeing with me, you’re nothing but polite whenever we chat
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:12 - Sep 12 with 2013 viewstrampie

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:51 - Sep 12 by Sirjohnalot

Please never ever apologise for anything you ever say to me, picking me up, being pedantic, I’ll never take offence.

I’ve never fought (would never be brave enough) but mates who have and people I’ve represented all talk about the pride and their love of the Queen. She was extremely supportive of them and said a lot in private that meant so much to them.

Royal family has a long history of service, Phillip, Andrew, William and Harry. We are all British, like it or not, and it is the British anthem.

But again. Never ever apologise for disagreeing with me, you’re nothing but polite whenever we chat

Thank you for that, I appreciate it.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:20 - Sep 12 with 1957 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 15:32 - Sep 12 by pencoedjack

They would be an embarrassment to both the club & the country.

If you feel that strongly about it stay on the concourse below.

There is bound to be some idiots, but respect is respect regardless.
Someone tried to take the east stand union flag down a few weeks back.
I would have loved to have been there when whoever it was met the owners.

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:12 - Sep 12 with 1913 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:20 - Sep 12 by KeithHaynes

There is bound to be some idiots, but respect is respect regardless.
Someone tried to take the east stand union flag down a few weeks back.
I would have loved to have been there when whoever it was met the owners.

When was this Keith? Can’t say I seen this & I sit in that area.

Some top guys in & around that area
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:19 - Sep 13 with 1712 viewsbuilthjack

A minutes silence never harmed anyone.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:58 - Sep 13 with 1686 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:12 - Sep 12 by pencoedjack

When was this Keith? Can’t say I seen this & I sit in that area.

Some top guys in & around that area

One of the home matches in August there was a bit of nonsense in the home fans section ?
It was reported and commented on at the time ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 12:43 - Sep 13 with 1653 viewsvetchonian

Whilst it is "important" to pay respect to our departed monarch.....there is football match,do we think Russ will continue with the approach we saw v QPR or will he revert to type?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:21 - Sep 13 with 1631 viewspencoedjack

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:58 - Sep 13 by STID2017

One of the home matches in August there was a bit of nonsense in the home fans section ?
It was reported and commented on at the time ?

Thought that was about the red hand of Ulster flag?

I have never seen anyone try to take down the UJ & as I said I sit in that area.
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:25 - Sep 13 with 1580 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:21 - Sep 13 by pencoedjack

Thought that was about the red hand of Ulster flag?

I have never seen anyone try to take down the UJ & as I said I sit in that area.

Aw you could be right.
TBH I didn't take that much notice

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:55 - Sep 13 with 1559 viewsbonymine

Club statement ;

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-mark-passing-queen-elizabeth-ii

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 15:13 - Sep 13 with 1536 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:55 - Sep 13 by bonymine

Club statement ;

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-mark-passing-queen-elizabeth-ii

The away fans will obviously sing GSTK after the silence. The very best response is to respect it and then belt out Land of My Fathers.

Surely that will respect the moment and even enhance it ?
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:10 - Sep 13 with 1441 viewspencoedjack

Back to the football

Anyone feeling confident as I'm not.
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:31 - Sep 13 with 1404 viewsThrasher6

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:10 - Sep 13 by pencoedjack

Back to the football

Anyone feeling confident as I'm not.

Not confident...but intrigued as to how we set up and play.....now we've had a meddle with the process.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:03 - Sep 13 with 1367 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:31 - Sep 13 by Thrasher6

Not confident...but intrigued as to how we set up and play.....now we've had a meddle with the process.

Not confident and it is going to be a strange sort of atmosphere. Not looking forward to this one at all.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:11 - Sep 13 with 1353 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:57 - Sep 12 by Whiterockin

Wales were pre season matches England were league.

Strange all the west wales rugby games that were called off were league matches.
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:47 - Sep 13 with 1262 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:03 - Sep 13 by Whiterockin

Not confident and it is going to be a strange sort of atmosphere. Not looking forward to this one at all.

Fulton in ?
Why not the new loan signings ?

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:48 - Sep 13 with 1250 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Steven Benda; Nathan Wood, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Matty Sorinola, Joe Allen, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Jay Fulton, Ollie Cooper, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andy Fisher, Harry Darling, Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson, Luke Cundle, Fin Stevens, Armstrong Oko-Flex.

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, George Baldock, Chris Basham, Sander Berge, Oli McBurnie, John Egan (captain), Anel Ahmedhodzic, Oliver Norwood, Tommy Doyle, Iliman Ndiaye, Rhys Norrington-Davies.

Substitutes: Jordan Amissah, Rhian Brewster, Reda Khadra, James McAtee, Kyron Gordon, Andre Brooks, Daniel Jebbison.

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:49 - Sep 13 with 1245 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:50 - Sep 13 with 1241 viewsKeithHaynes

Billy Sharp fails fitness test.
Good news for us.

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:45 - Sep 13 with 1080 viewsTreforys_Jack

Phew, impeccable
[Post edited 13 Sep 2022 19:46]
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:49 - Sep 13 with 1063 viewsSirjohnalot

Perfect. Well done
Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:51 - Sep 13 with 1041 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:49 - Sep 13 by Sirjohnalot

Perfect. Well done

scum 1 nil up

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:53 - Sep 13 with 1011 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:49 - Sep 13 by Sirjohnalot

Perfect. Well done

scum 1 nil up

Swansea City v Sheffield United : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:54 - Sep 13 with 1004 viewsKilkennyjack

Early doors but we are under the cosh, come on you Swans … 🦢

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024