Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ageing . How do we feel about it 14:16 - Jan 4 with 5566 viewsonehunglow

Worth a discussion?
In just a weeks time I shall be 73 yrs if age .
It’s a time of reflection Timon and sadness ,sadness for the many chums I’ve had taken to early by illness or accident.
Sometimes I feel guilty to be still around

At times I feel 20 others 120 yrs old and although it is the same brain functioning ,life changes perceptions although I believe our genetics define our temperament . I am volatile with a still nasty temper which has to be controlled . My parents were both people with explosive temperaments and I clearly have inherited that trait . I manage to do so now but it took along time.

In a word,you are what you are and can only be yourself

I wish all readers many more years on this planet,it’s the only life we ll have so live the bastud.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 14:32 - Jan 4 with 2540 viewscontroversial_jack

Mentally it's good, but physically not so
Ageing . How do we feel about it on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 2528 viewsswan65split

I am 70, but lost a few years due to illness, now , having seen a few go, and suffering illness wise with the dreaded C , I dont worry or think about it, just take each day as it comes, plan and hope I achieve whats been planned lol

Mentally , I think I am ok, physically mobility wise........shot! some days its painful but hey ho, its better than some, so just plod on.

I experienced early on in life how it could end so easily, and how I missed being the one the bell rings for.

I have been described as easy going, but there is a point where that easy going gets to "enough" and whoa look out, its caught a few people out!
Ageing . How do we feel about it on 16:45 - Jan 4 with 2488 viewsonehunglow

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 15:29 - Jan 4 by swan65split

I am 70, but lost a few years due to illness, now , having seen a few go, and suffering illness wise with the dreaded C , I dont worry or think about it, just take each day as it comes, plan and hope I achieve whats been planned lol

Mentally , I think I am ok, physically mobility wise........shot! some days its painful but hey ho, its better than some, so just plod on.

I experienced early on in life how it could end so easily, and how I missed being the one the bell rings for.

I have been described as easy going, but there is a point where that easy going gets to "enough" and whoa look out, its caught a few people out!

Good luck there fella

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 18:32 - Jan 4 with 2464 viewsLorax

Well I'm 55, I suffered ill health for about 8 years from 42 on but feel blooming great now, after a couple of operations and change of lifestyle all is good.

Ageing, it's ok. I always felt that I'd be happier when I hit 40 and ill health aside, that is true. This is the most settled, happiest time of my life.

I look forward to the coming years with the hope that I will be able to afford to do what really interests me now, travelling.

So ageing doesn't worry me. We must all grow old and die, just enjoy the time you have.
Ageing . How do we feel about it on 18:34 - Jan 4 with 2460 viewsFlashberryjack

All of us will get old, if we're lucky enough.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:11 - Jan 4 with 2438 viewsBoundy

Except for our ages , my life to a T . All my life I've been extremely fit doing various jobs which required a certain amount of fitness and more but like you now the C is back in my life after a 2 year holiday . I try not to dwell but sometimes the black dog on my shoulder appears but grateful for each a day and i have no intention of succumbing just yet . I'm more frustrated even angry that my mobility is now limited due to rheumatoid arthritis than I am about anything else but as Voltaire once stated
"I have chosen to be happy because it's good for my health." difficult sometimes but doable

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:14 - Jan 4 with 2436 viewsshingle

Do a lot of you guys reside in the same Nursing home or mostly different ones around the area, and in the present climate are you happy with the care you receive.
Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:16 - Jan 4 with 2432 viewsLorax

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:14 - Jan 4 by shingle

Do a lot of you guys reside in the same Nursing home or mostly different ones around the area, and in the present climate are you happy with the care you receive.

We are the products of mis-spent youth so be very careful!
Login to get fewer ads

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:18 - Jan 4 with 2431 viewsmax936

62 a week today for me to, still working in a physical busy job, carrying to much timber though, need to drop a couple of lbs and I will, will take a bit of will power and dedication, but I really need top do it.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:31 - Jan 4 with 2409 viewspencoedjack

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:11 - Jan 4 by Boundy

Except for our ages , my life to a T . All my life I've been extremely fit doing various jobs which required a certain amount of fitness and more but like you now the C is back in my life after a 2 year holiday . I try not to dwell but sometimes the black dog on my shoulder appears but grateful for each a day and i have no intention of succumbing just yet . I'm more frustrated even angry that my mobility is now limited due to rheumatoid arthritis than I am about anything else but as Voltaire once stated
"I have chosen to be happy because it's good for my health." difficult sometimes but doable

Good luck with the battle Boundy

#staystrong.
Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:41 - Jan 4 with 2388 viewsBoundy

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:14 - Jan 4 by shingle

I have the pleasure of living at home with my wife and long may it continue although sometimes she has different ideas on our present living arrangement .(can't think why)

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:45 - Jan 4 with 2376 viewstrampie

Like the cut of your jib butt, stay strong.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2023 19:46]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:49 - Jan 4 with 2363 viewsSTID2017

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 14:32 - Jan 4 by controversial_jack

Mentally it's good, but physically not so

Same here.
Before I hit 60 was in excellent health.
The last 18 months all going South

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:52 - Jan 4 with 2362 viewsmax936

Sorry to here that, keep fighting Best wishes to you and yours.

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:54 - Jan 4 with 2358 viewsonehunglow

Good old Voltaire

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 20:03 - Jan 4 with 2349 viewsBoundy

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:54 - Jan 4 by onehunglow

Good old Voltaire

Hell of lad, wasn't that keen on the Catholic church I'm told

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 20:04 - Jan 4 with 2348 viewsmax936

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 18:32 - Jan 4 by Lorax

Well I'm 55, I suffered ill health for about 8 years from 42 on but feel blooming great now, after a couple of operations and change of lifestyle all is good.

Ageing, it's ok. I always felt that I'd be happier when I hit 40 and ill health aside, that is true. This is the most settled, happiest time of my life.

I look forward to the coming years with the hope that I will be able to afford to do what really interests me now, travelling.

So ageing doesn't worry me. We must all grow old and die, just enjoy the time you have.

Lost both my parents in a year, both in the month of November Mam in 2021 and Dad last November, the family really miss them both, last two Christmas's been tough, Mam had been ill for a good while before she past, but Dad just a short before he past.

Getting old is a B.....d, alright.

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 20:05 - Jan 4 with 2347 viewsBoundy

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:49 - Jan 4 by STID2017

Same here.

Easy to say I know , but keep moving if mobility ails you , surprising how much flexibility we lose, for anything else keep strong and focussed on the good things.

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 20:07 - Jan 4 with 2345 viewsmax936

Stay strong Boundy

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 20:39 - Jan 4 with 2332 viewsswan65split

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 19:49 - Jan 4 by STID2017

Same here.

loCKDOWNS from 2020 was my downfall, and many more I would guess,
Ageing . How do we feel about it on 21:15 - Jan 4 with 2283 viewsJohnw102

81st Birthday at the Burnley game, off to Bristol on Sunday, enjoy,my day out with the Jack army, had new hip 3 months ago but thanks to World Cup only missed one home game. ST holders round me always helpful. Still enjoying my life all be it at a slower pace. Not going anywhere till I have had more money out the thieving buggers in Government than I paid into them.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 21:50 - Jan 4 with 2263 viewsbuilthjack

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 21:15 - Jan 4 by Johnw102

81st Birthday at the Burnley game, off to Bristol on Sunday, enjoy,my day out with the Jack army, had new hip 3 months ago but thanks to World Cup only missed one home game. ST holders round me always helpful. Still enjoying my life all be it at a slower pace. Not going anywhere till I have had more money out the thieving buggers in Government than I paid into them.

That’s the hammer.
Make the most of every day folks.
It’s not easy, with work, illnesses etc.
But if you want to do something, and are able to, just do it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 22:22 - Jan 4 with 2245 viewslifelong

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 21:15 - Jan 4 by Johnw102

75 a couple of weeks ago, left knee and hip playing up, had scans recently which shows both will need replacing. Led a very active life, football, cricket, cycling ,lots of walking which now appears to have caught up.
4/5 year waiting list on NHS for replacements, been recommended to try steroid treatment to see how that goes first.
Ageing . How do we feel about it on 23:00 - Jan 4 with 2201 viewsonehunglow

Frankly, a terrific thread and thanks especially to those far older than me
Luck and fortune is what it is

Ageing . How do we feel about it on 23:07 - Jan 4 with 2180 viewsDr_Parnassus

Going well so far, although yet to hit 40.

Had a kick about before a wedding a few years back and shocked that my feet were no longer doing what my brain wanted. So was pretty shocked by how footballing ability declines so heavily in mid thirties, hadn’t played for a little while but still thought I would be of decent standard.

We try and get out and exercise as much as possible and use a good app called MyFitnessPal which tracks your calories, exertion, steps, weight all sorts. Installed a gym for us in the house so even when awful weather we can still get reps in.

The key I think is to stay as fit and healthy as you can for as long as you can. I think once you stop then it all creeps up on you, both body and mind.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024