Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. 16:20 - Feb 22 with 23502 views_Kieran

LISTEN OR WE RIOT!

When, did the book get released?

Poor team selections? Bad signings? Players not fit? Rumours of discontent within the dressing room?

OLE is the man!

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 18:59 - Feb 22 with 2748 views_Kieran

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 18:35 - Feb 22 by reddythered

Given the defensive effort needed under Mackay, if there was a fitness problem could argue it stems from pre-season training. End of last season our players looked a tad jaded as well.

Well respected posters on AAMB? That's an oxymoron, there's basically one good poster there, by the name of CityGent. Plenty of people there are Hammam's sheeple, don't forget.

AA and the the journalist for WalesOnline. He's 'in the know'

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:01 - Feb 22 with 2742 views_Kieran

I'm not saying it's true mate it's just what they were saying and you can ask them themselves but your players do not look fit, like us, under ML, at times.

And they keep breaking down.

Why is this? It usually comes from down from training.

RED?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 19:03]

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:11 - Feb 22 with 2707 viewsreddythered

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:01 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

I'm not saying it's true mate it's just what they were saying and you can ask them themselves but your players do not look fit, like us, under ML, at times.

And they keep breaking down.

Why is this? It usually comes from down from training.

RED?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 19:03]

I avoid that s(h)ite as much as possible after the McPhail debacle.

I've not seen anything that indicates fitness has been the problem so far.

Players breaking down? Muscle tears happen. Hel, a study a few years ago showed a lot of footballers hamstring issues were down to the seats in the sports cars. Henry's hamstring issues, from memory, were traced as being doing to his jaw not being aligned.

The only player we've really had with injuries has been Mutch. Last season was plagued with a foot problem. bellamy, well we know his knees need to be nursed carefully.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:14 - Feb 22 with 2698 views_Kieran

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:11 - Feb 22 by reddythered

I avoid that s(h)ite as much as possible after the McPhail debacle.

I've not seen anything that indicates fitness has been the problem so far.

Players breaking down? Muscle tears happen. Hel, a study a few years ago showed a lot of footballers hamstring issues were down to the seats in the sports cars. Henry's hamstring issues, from memory, were traced as being doing to his jaw not being aligned.

The only player we've really had with injuries has been Mutch. Last season was plagued with a foot problem. bellamy, well we know his knees need to be nursed carefully.

Mate do you think Ole is doing a better job than Malky?

It's a simple question, you've got all the answers.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 19:15]

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:16 - Feb 22 with 2689 viewsQuakerJack

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 18:37 - Feb 22 by reddythered

At the moment, yes.

Can see how he's changing the style of play. Wants to keep the ball more, get the team going forwrd. Is that a quick job, no.

You're down mush, this premier league lark is out of your league. Out of your depth. Your rented your arris out to get near us and you've fallen terribly short. Shame. Or actually it isn't. Bye bye.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:18 - Feb 22 with 2686 views_Kieran

Which one do you want mate?

In times like these you NEED unity, and the fanbase appears a bit divided at the moment.

Perhaps that's why they were laying into each other after the demolition job by the mighty Swans?

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:22 - Feb 22 with 2673 viewsreddythered

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:14 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

Mate do you think Ole is doing a better job than Malky?

It's a simple question, you've got all the answers.
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 19:15]

I think Ole's doing as good a job as he could at this moment in time. I think we'd have gone down under Mackay, the defensive bubble was bursting under him anyway - Liverpool, Southampton both games 3-0 down at half time.

It's also not a case of apples and oranges. Mackay had 2+ seasons to develop the squad; Ole has had one transfer window where generally not much happens. We know the squad isn't the squad Ole would necessarily want, there will be a fair bit of movement out of the club I'd assume.

Has Ole spent the money Mackay did? Nowhere near, from figures bandied about, around 1/10th of the amount. Of the players coming in, Daehli imo will be a star, Eikrem is a good passer. Jury out on Kenwyne so far, despite our defence today thought Cala had a good game.

Changing the style isn't going to take one game.

I think Mackay had hit his ceiling of what he could achieve with the club, the bubble bursting. Has Ole achieved what he can? Not as yet. If it means going down and rebuilding, so be it. I think Ole has a far bigger upside as a manager than Mackay.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:24 - Feb 22 with 2659 viewsreddythered

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:18 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

Which one do you want mate?

In times like these you NEED unity, and the fanbase appears a bit divided at the moment.

Perhaps that's why they were laying into each other after the demolition job by the mighty Swans?

Unity... care to point out when our fans were ever united?

Christ, there was always trouble between various factions... valleys, parts of Cardiff...

Login to get fewer ads

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:34 - Feb 22 with 2641 views_Kieran

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:22 - Feb 22 by reddythered

I think Ole's doing as good a job as he could at this moment in time. I think we'd have gone down under Mackay, the defensive bubble was bursting under him anyway - Liverpool, Southampton both games 3-0 down at half time.

It's also not a case of apples and oranges. Mackay had 2+ seasons to develop the squad; Ole has had one transfer window where generally not much happens. We know the squad isn't the squad Ole would necessarily want, there will be a fair bit of movement out of the club I'd assume.

Has Ole spent the money Mackay did? Nowhere near, from figures bandied about, around 1/10th of the amount. Of the players coming in, Daehli imo will be a star, Eikrem is a good passer. Jury out on Kenwyne so far, despite our defence today thought Cala had a good game.

Changing the style isn't going to take one game.

I think Mackay had hit his ceiling of what he could achieve with the club, the bubble bursting. Has Ole achieved what he can? Not as yet. If it means going down and rebuilding, so be it. I think Ole has a far bigger upside as a manager than Mackay.

Fair point mate, that's your opinion and we've all got our own but IMO your players looked fitter under Malky AND certainly looked more 'up for it'

They aren't buying into Ole's masterplan.

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:36 - Feb 22 with 2629 views_Kieran

The fact of the matter is you were achieving better results under Malky.

Do you think VT will keep the faith with OLE!, RED?

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:36 - Feb 22 with 2627 viewsMrSwerve

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:34 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

Fair point mate, that's your opinion and we've all got our own but IMO your players looked fitter under Malky AND certainly looked more 'up for it'

It's like Laudrup and monk, but in reverse.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:42 - Feb 22 with 2610 viewsreddythered

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:34 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

Well, you say that but then look at the performances at Man Yoo and Man Citeh under Ole. Sure, lost the games as expected but were in the games for quite a long time. That was with passing the ball, keeping possession, looking to attack.

Under Mackay, we'd have sat back big time. As Liverpool, Southampton showed, that tactic was rapidly falling apart. During some of the defensive masterpieces some cite as evidence of Mackay's greatness, the players looked out on their feet at the end of matches; ball being cleared, player too tired to chase it.

Which is why I suspect any perceived issues errors stem from pre-season.

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:45 - Feb 22 with 2601 views_Kieran

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:42 - Feb 22 by reddythered

Well, you say that but then look at the performances at Man Yoo and Man Citeh under Ole. Sure, lost the games as expected but were in the games for quite a long time. That was with passing the ball, keeping possession, looking to attack.

Under Mackay, we'd have sat back big time. As Liverpool, Southampton showed, that tactic was rapidly falling apart. During some of the defensive masterpieces some cite as evidence of Mackay's greatness, the players looked out on their feet at the end of matches; ball being cleared, player too tired to chase it.

Didn't see the Man U game. All I know was that you lost 2-0. Watched the Man City game, you were sh!t except for that one moment from Craig Noone.

4-2 flattered you that day they gave you the final goal and if you think that's a good performance you're a bit deluded.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark! The! Bus!

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:47 - Feb 22 with 2597 views_Kieran

If you're bringing up individual games what did you think of the Swans game?

We should had won 6-0 if Emnes and/or Bony knew where to run. But GM had only been in the job a couple of days like ...

What was up with Ole's team selection btw, RED?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 19:48]

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:50 - Feb 22 with 2590 viewsreddythered

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:47 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

If you're bringing up individual games what did you think of the Swans game?

We should had won 6-0 if Emnes and/or Bony knew where to run. But GM had only been in the job a couple of days like ...

What was up with Ole's team selection btw, RED?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 19:48]

Yes, Monk was only in the job a couple of days, he'd never been involved with Swansea before then, didn't know any of the players like...

What issues did you perceive with the team selection today, K?

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:02 - Feb 22 with 2051 views_Kieran

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:50 - Feb 22 by reddythered

Yes, Monk was only in the job a couple of days, he'd never been involved with Swansea before then, didn't know any of the players like...

What issues did you perceive with the team selection today, K?

I'm talking about the Swans game mate. Not today, all I know what was Zahahahaha was taken off at half time and you lost again, 4-0, at home, to Hull.

Are you suggesting he (GM) used to take training and pick the teams too?

When do you reckon the new manager effect will kick in for Ole?
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 20:04]

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:03 - Feb 22 with 2047 views_Kieran

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:36 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

The fact of the matter is you were achieving better results under Malky.

Do you think VT will keep the faith with OLE!, RED?

RED?

Are you concerned he could get sacked? Answer it mate, it's a simple question!

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:05 - Feb 22 with 2041 viewstylagarwjack

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 19:42 - Feb 22 by reddythered

Can you not also make the argument that Tan's continued public undermining of Mackay was a significant factor in terms of those games, it's bound to have taken the edge off his commitment levels as he knew the sack was around the corner.

Quite apart from that, Liverpool away is a poor example to use as evidence of Mackay's approach starting to fail as they have consistently ripped teams apart at home this season, as we will probably witness first hand tomorrow.
Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:07 - Feb 22 with 2028 views_Kieran

Peter Odemwingie or Kenwyne Jones?

I believe the former to be the better player, has a better goalscoring record and has played better, at West Brom.

Ole! What you doing! This guy is insane. I bet Malky wouldn't had made such a mental decision.

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:09 - Feb 22 with 2022 views_Kieran

Oh he's left. He's like a lawyer the way he kept dodging the questions ini.

Tra RED!
[Post edited 22 Feb 2014 20:10]

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 2010 views_Kieran

Any scum fans want to speak up for Ole? I know you read the forum.

ScoobyDoo where are you you plum.

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:14 - Feb 22 with 2010 viewstylagarwjack

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:07 - Feb 22 by _Kieran

Peter Odemwingie or Kenwyne Jones?

I believe the former to be the better player, has a better goalscoring record and has played better, at West Brom.

Ole! What you doing! This guy is insane. I bet Malky wouldn't had made such a mental decision.

It was a poor deal for them, no doubt, and while he hadn't done it yet for them, to discard a player with a decent premier league goal scoring record (they don't have many others in the squad) is obviously an iffy decision.

At the same time they did need a target man, which they now have,, unfortunately for them, Jones is average in ability, and below that level in terms of effort and commitment.
Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:16 - Feb 22 with 2006 views_Kieran

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:14 - Feb 22 by tylagarwjack

It was a poor deal for them, no doubt, and while he hadn't done it yet for them, to discard a player with a decent premier league goal scoring record (they don't have many others in the squad) is obviously an iffy decision.

At the same time they did need a target man, which they now have,, unfortunately for them, Jones is average in ability, and below that level in terms of effort and commitment.

He's pure SH!T, past it and wasn't very good in his prime.

Love it.

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:19 - Feb 22 with 1994 views_Kieran

http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136852

AA knows the score.

Don't sack Mackay, Alky Mackay. on 20:23 - Feb 22 with 1978 viewsJackfath

They'll be forever in out shadow.

Tried their best but couldn't hack it.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024