Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk & Manager 19:02 - Apr 25 with 2867 viewssj_jack

Garry has been a fantastic servant, both player & guiding through the last few months.

No doubt, Garry should continue as a coach with us,
At the end of the day, he knows the club inside out!

But I believe Garry needs time to get his badges & more experience as a coach.

He's got a huge role still for us, but I think this summer the club need a strong manager to take the club forward. Think this is a real tough one for a rookie manager who a few months ago was a squad player with these guys.

Monk & Manager on 19:17 - Apr 25 with 2084 viewsairedale

Good point, some (a lot?) may disagree, although Guardiola only had a brief experience with the 'B' team before taking over the big boys' team.
Monk & Manager on 19:27 - Apr 25 with 2054 viewsOldjack

if Huw and co says he's the man for the job then that's fine by me ,their track record is pretty impressive

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk & Manager on 19:32 - Apr 25 with 2030 viewsGowerjack

Monk & Manager on 19:27 - Apr 25 by Oldjack

if Huw and co says he's the man for the job then that's fine by me ,their track record is pretty impressive

Or they are well overdue a bad decision.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Monk & Manager on 19:52 - Apr 25 with 1985 viewsNeath_Jack

Monk & Manager on 19:32 - Apr 25 by Gowerjack

The vultures on here are already circling with big grins on their faces.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Monk & Manager on 19:54 - Apr 25 with 1979 viewstomdickharry

How many threads is this on Monk as a potential Manager?Merge please.
Monk & Manager on 20:02 - Apr 25 with 1960 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk & Manager on 19:52 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

Aye - we love watching our club go down the shitter...
Monk & Manager on 20:02 - Apr 25 with 1958 viewsGowerjack

Monk & Manager on 19:52 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

Absolute sh ite.

I want only the best for my club.

I'm not at all sure that means having Garry Monk as our manager next season.

In my opinion that would be the wrong decision.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Monk & Manager on 20:05 - Apr 25 with 1950 viewsNeath_Jack

Monk & Manager on 20:02 - Apr 25 by Gowerjack

Absolute sh ite.

I want only the best for my club.

I'm not at all sure that means having Garry Monk as our manager next season.

In my opinion that would be the wrong decision.

If the cap fits lads eh.

And for the record, he wouldn't be my first choice either, but some of you lot on here are like hysterical schoolgirls the past few months.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Login to get fewer ads

Monk & Manager on 20:24 - Apr 25 with 1904 viewsTenkosBlondeWig

Monk & Manager on 19:17 - Apr 25 by airedale

Good point, some (a lot?) may disagree, although Guardiola only had a brief experience with the 'B' team before taking over the big boys' team.

I think Manager of Barcelona B Team plus the experience he gained as a player at the highest level is way higher than Monk's credentials
Monk & Manager on 20:28 - Apr 25 with 1889 viewsOldjack

Monk & Manager on 20:24 - Apr 25 by TenkosBlondeWig

I think Manager of Barcelona B Team plus the experience he gained as a player at the highest level is way higher than Monk's credentials

aye but you cant argue he's played under some fine managers, surely he's learnt from that experience

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Monk & Manager on 20:37 - Apr 25 with 1880 viewsJackoBoostardo

Monk & Manager on 19:32 - Apr 25 by Gowerjack

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Monk & Manager on 20:39 - Apr 25 with 1868 viewsJackoBoostardo

Monk & Manager on 20:28 - Apr 25 by Oldjack

aye but you cant argue he's played under some fine managers, surely he's learnt from that experience

And hasn't Monk? Not necessarily European greats I know, arguably with the exception of Laudrup, but enough experience for the Premier League (which is all that matters at this stage).

Europe comes around every year - The Premier League fight is constantly on.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Monk & Manager on 20:43 - Apr 25 with 1849 viewsNeath_Jack

Monk & Manager on 20:39 - Apr 25 by JackoBoostardo

And hasn't Monk? Not necessarily European greats I know, arguably with the exception of Laudrup, but enough experience for the Premier League (which is all that matters at this stage).

Europe comes around every year - The Premier League fight is constantly on.

He was talking about Monk.

Monk & Manager on 20:45 - Apr 25 with 1841 viewsDarran

There's no guarantee under any manager.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk & Manager on 20:47 - Apr 25 with 1828 viewsOldjack

Monk & Manager on 20:43 - Apr 25 by Neath_Jack

He was talking about Monk.

correct

Monk & Manager on 20:48 - Apr 25 with 1822 viewsDr_Winston

Monk & Manager on 20:45 - Apr 25 by Darran

There's no guarantee under any manager.

Indeed. You can take steps to try and reduce the risk though.

Appointing Monk would not be doing that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk & Manager on 20:49 - Apr 25 with 1813 viewsNeath_Jack

Monk & Manager on 20:47 - Apr 25 by Oldjack

correct

I know, I normally am.

Monk & Manager on 20:52 - Apr 25 with 1798 viewsIAN05

Monk & Manager on 20:48 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

One of the risks you do eliminate is that you know their character and how they work. That said there are too many other risks for my liking :

Knowing the players too well
Little knowledge of the transfer market
Limited exposure to people management over a long period

They are the things that would cause me immediate concern.
Monk & Manager on 20:53 - Apr 25 with 1796 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk & Manager on 20:28 - Apr 25 by Oldjack

So has Danny Graham.

It's hardly a qualification on its own for managing in the PL.
Monk & Manager on 20:54 - Apr 25 with 1792 viewsDarran

Monk & Manager on 20:48 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

The thing is this current squad kept together and fully fit is good enough to stay in the Prem again next season.It only needs a little tinkering.
I would expect the team to start the first game next season to be much the same as the one that played against Hull a few weeks ago. (and yes bit know we lost)

Michel Vorm, Angel Rangel, Chico Flores, Ashley Williams (capt), Ben Davies, Leon Britton, Jonjo Shelvey, Michu, Jonathan de Guzman, Wayne Routledge, Wilfried Bony.

Monk & Manager on 20:57 - Apr 25 with 1781 viewsDarran

Could I just add that I don't believe Monk should be automatic choice for next season.

Monk & Manager on 21:01 - Apr 25 with 1764 viewsswanjackal

Be it a correct decision or not, I will be surprised if Monk does not begin next season as Head Coach.

The only change I could see the board doing, is something that has been mentioned, by employing a "Director of Football" as a kind of figurehead to aid Monk with possible transfer dealings and give him support. I would be surprised if we did employ a new "Manager" to take full control over first team duties, unless Premier League/FA/UEFA/FIFA demand the appointment of someone with the required badges/qualifications for the post.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Monk & Manager on 21:06 - Apr 25 with 1748 viewsDr_Winston

Monk & Manager on 20:52 - Apr 25 by IAN05

One of the risks you do eliminate is that you know their character and how they work. That said there are too many other risks for my liking :

Knowing the players too well
Little knowledge of the transfer market
Limited exposure to people management over a long period

They are the things that would cause me immediate concern.

Other than for financial reasons (new managers being cheaper than proven ones) I see absolutely no sense in forcing ourselves to start producing our own managers.

At every step of the way of our rise from bottom of the league to Europe we've benefitted from a fresh pair of eyes coming in and improving on what went before. Why it's suddenly seen as a good idea to move away from that and just repeat what's gone before is something only the club can answer.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Monk & Manager on 21:07 - Apr 25 with 1741 viewsJackoBoostardo

He's earned a position as honourary coach within the club, and deserves the option to step up to the manager role full time when he has the appropriate experience and training.

The club, team and fans respect him - not many managers around imho who can instill this - and who has his level of experience/intimate knowledge of the swans.

Monk & Manager on 21:08 - Apr 25 with 1738 viewsOldjack

Monk & Manager on 20:53 - Apr 25 by WarwickHunt

So has Danny Graham.

It's hardly a qualification on its own for managing in the PL.

but he's already proved he can do the job ,just remember we've only had two poor games under him, that's to be expected as he's still finding his feet, he'll improve so will we ,I'm sure of it

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024