Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ynysforgan roundabout 01:23 - Jun 23 with 14759 viewstruckjack

Right then, lets start a road rage thread!

Just answer with your opinion, what lane should you take on the slip road when leaving the Eastbound M4 Motorway at J45 Ynysforgan if you want to go to Swansea/Liberty direction on the A4067?
Ynysforgan roundabout on 01:52 - Jun 23 with 9090 viewsBanosswan

Off side

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Ynysforgan roundabout on 06:35 - Jun 23 with 9042 viewsScotia

I think it's the right hand side lane on the slip road and the middle lane on the roundabout, I think its marked though. You do see some numpties on there though.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:05 - Jun 23 with 9013 viewsNatterjack

The only way to solve the Ynysforgan roundabout's problem is to ban women and old people from driving on it.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:09 - Jun 23 with 9007 viewsAndy1300

Both lanes, then follow the dots on the road and read the bloody huge sign infront of you as you enter the roundabout.

Had so many people have a go at me because I correctly use the left hand lane and follow the correct lane around the roundabout.

Most seem to be oblivious to the correct lanes to use, they swap from right lane on slip road to left lane on roundabout then back to right lane to head toward the liberty.

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:10 - Jun 23 with 9004 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 01:52 - Jun 23 by Banosswan

Off side

Wrong, can use both lanes, check out the signs on slip road and roundabout.

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:11 - Jun 23 with 9001 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 06:35 - Jun 23 by Scotia

I think it's the right hand side lane on the slip road and the middle lane on the roundabout, I think its marked though. You do see some numpties on there though.

So you will be one that uses the roundabout incorrectly, so may be one of the numpties you refer to

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:33 - Jun 23 with 8976 views1jack

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.678631,-3.914949,3a,75y,46.71h,90.77t/data=!3m
Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:30 - Jun 23 with 8898 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:33 - Jun 23 by 1jack

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.678631,-3.914949,3a,75y,46.71h,90.77t/data=!3m

Which reinforces what I posted earlier.

If only people learned to read the signs eh

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Ynysforgan roundabout on 09:47 - Jun 23 with 8877 viewslifelong

The problem with this slip road is, you have 6 options when approaching the roundabout and only 2 lanes to select your option. The options being: 1. Turn left on the old road to Clydach, 2. Turn left on the A4067 for the Swansea Valley, 3. Rejoin the M4 and continue East, 4. Turn right onto the A4067 towards the Liberty, 5. Turn right towards Morriston, 6. Turn right to rejoin the M4 and travel West.
Logic and common sense tell me that to carry out options 1,2 and 3 you should use the left lane and to carry out options 4,5 or 6 use the right lane so that's what I do.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:01 - Jun 23 with 8852 viewsllangyfelach

Pretty sure the markings on the road dictate you take the left hand lane. But we all take a right hand lane for a right turn on a roundabout. Confusing as f*ck

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:08 - Jun 23 with 8840 viewsMorfa_Same

Everyone gets in the right-hand lane on the sliproad and then the middle lane on the roundabout.

I'm never quite sure whether it's safer to follow the white lines or just do what everyone else is doing. I've decided it's probably safest to avoid the area altogether.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:09 - Jun 23 with 8837 viewsllangyfelach

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:08 - Jun 23 by Morfa_Same

Everyone gets in the right-hand lane on the sliproad and then the middle lane on the roundabout.

I'm never quite sure whether it's safer to follow the white lines or just do what everyone else is doing. I've decided it's probably safest to avoid the area altogether.

Same here, mate. Avoid it if I can

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:14 - Jun 23 with 8834 viewsJackSomething

Right-hand lane on the slip road, which as people have said, is obvious if you bother to read the signs. Amazing how many use the left-hand lane though and then seem to think you're cutting them up when you're actually just following the road markings.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:37 - Jun 23 with 8804 views1jack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:14 - Jun 23 by JackSomething

Right-hand lane on the slip road, which as people have said, is obvious if you bother to read the signs. Amazing how many use the left-hand lane though and then seem to think you're cutting them up when you're actually just following the road markings.

If you check the link above it states you can use either lane. I don't agree with it, there is no sense in that, but when has sense ever had anything to do with road planning?
Ynysforgan roundabout on 11:13 - Jun 23 with 8779 viewsJackSomething

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:37 - Jun 23 by 1jack

If you check the link above it states you can use either lane. I don't agree with it, there is no sense in that, but when has sense ever had anything to do with road planning?

It's fine to use the left, because there's two lanes going towards Swansea. But you then have to stay to the left of those two lanes, while many want to move into the right lane, because there's a slow vehicle or queuing traffic in the left lane at the lights under the M4.

Totally agree with you that there is no sense in it. What you have to do though is follow the road markings and not do what you think is sensible, as suggested above, as that's when accidents happen.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 11:21 - Jun 23 with 8762 views1jack

Ynysforgan roundabout on 11:13 - Jun 23 by JackSomething

It's fine to use the left, because there's two lanes going towards Swansea. But you then have to stay to the left of those two lanes, while many want to move into the right lane, because there's a slow vehicle or queuing traffic in the left lane at the lights under the M4.

Totally agree with you that there is no sense in it. What you have to do though is follow the road markings and not do what you think is sensible, as suggested above, as that's when accidents happen.

agreed
Ynysforgan roundabout on 13:41 - Jun 23 with 8687 viewsAndy1300

Ynysforgan roundabout on 10:14 - Jun 23 by JackSomething

I think you wil find that you are actually cutting up the people who are correctly using the left hand lane as shown on the signs and road markings.

It's not rocket science to follow road signs and markings

Number 1 team in Wales

Ynysforgan roundabout on 13:45 - Jun 23 with 8681 viewsNeath_Jack

I like to consider oneself as quite a proficient driver of automobiles, but that roundabout is an absolute c*nt. The differing views on here between just a few people prove that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:07 - Jun 23 with 8654 viewsJackSomething

Ynysforgan roundabout on 13:41 - Jun 23 by Andy1300

I think you wil find that you are actually cutting up the people who are correctly using the left hand lane as shown on the signs and road markings.

The left hand lane of the slip road is for Clydach, A4067 the other direction, M4 Eastbound and A4067 to Swansea, but only the left hand lane of the two going to Swansea.

The right hand lane of the slip road is for the right hand lane of the A4067 to Swansea, Morriston and back on to the M4 westbound.

So as long as I stay to the right hand lane to Swansea, I'm in the correct lane. Just look at the road markings. The problems are people in the right hand lane on the slip road immediately moving across after joining the roundabout. That and the fact it's a terribly organised roundabout of course.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:16 - Jun 23 with 8641 viewsJackSomething

Ynysforgan roundabout on 13:41 - Jun 23 by Andy1300

Just re-read your first post and where you said this:

Most seem to be oblivious to the correct lanes to use, they swap from right lane on slip road to left lane on roundabout then back to right lane to head toward the liberty.

I agree with you. The other problem is people in the left lane on the slip road wanting to move into the right hand lane going to Swansea/Liberty, because they want to beat the traffic or speed up.

Broadly, we're in agreement. If you take the left hand lane on the slip road and stay to the left hand lane to Swansea, you're correct. Just as I am if I take the right hand lane on the slip road and stay to the right hand lane to Swansea.

I often have to use the junction around 5pm. If you want to go to Swansea, no way would you use the left-hand lane as it is so busy with people heading Pontardawe direction that the traffic has sometimes been backed up to the hard shoulder on the M4 itself.

It is lunacy to have both lanes going to Swansea, but logically where road signs and markings say you can both take the same road, people in the left would stay to the left and vice versa.

I can't believe how much I've written in this thread and how boring it is. I'm turning into my father when it comes to driving.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:46 - Jun 23 with 8603 viewsClydachjack

It's simple, left hand lane for Clydach and bypass, right hand lane then move to middle Lane on roundabout, then move to either of the left hand lanes to go to liberty.

Number of times been cut up coming from Swansea with people in the left Lane wanting to go right towards Cardiff.
Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:51 - Jun 23 with 8597 viewsJackSomething

Ynysforgan roundabout on 14:46 - Jun 23 by Clydachjack

It's simple, left hand lane for Clydach and bypass, right hand lane then move to middle Lane on roundabout, then move to either of the left hand lanes to go to liberty.

Number of times been cut up coming from Swansea with people in the left Lane wanting to go right towards Cardiff.

That would be sensible, but it's not the way the roundabout has been set up.

Look at the image posted higher up. Both lanes on the slip road are marked as being for Swansea. Lunacy, but that's the way it is.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 15:07 - Jun 23 with 8578 viewsVetchitBack

Amusing thread. As someone who has been driving all of 10 days "The Ynysforgan Roundabout" has been mentioned in the same tone as "Millwall away"

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Ynysforgan roundabout on 15:08 - Jun 23 with 8574 viewsGrandPrix

Yep. If you are in the left lane of the slip road the dotted road markings take you to the middle lane to Swansea...folks in the right hand lane fail to grasp this and cut across

Good times become good memories......bad times become lessons

Ynysforgan roundabout on 15:36 - Jun 23 with 8548 viewsScotia

Ynysforgan roundabout on 07:09 - Jun 23 by Andy1300

Both lanes, then follow the dots on the road and read the bloody huge sign infront of you as you enter the roundabout.

Had so many people have a go at me because I correctly use the left hand lane and follow the correct lane around the roundabout.

So what part of my post makes me a numptie? If you can use either lane , provided you are in the correct lane on the roundabout it doesnt matter. I drive it every day and I've never cut anyone up. Excellent driver and rider me.

what pisses me off is people blocking the exit to the m4 westbound comng down from the clydach bypass. You've got to be in the inside lane or you end up blocked by some tit trying to get in to town.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024