Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. 08:54 - Jun 23 with 3913 viewsHubert

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Swansea-City-make-good-contract-offer-As
Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 09:23 - Jun 23 with 3807 viewsSwansNZ

Is there anything new here?

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 10:57 - Jun 23 with 3602 viewsHubert

The offer ?
Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 12:04 - Jun 23 with 3457 viewsTom1912

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 09:23 - Jun 23 by SwansNZ

Is there anything new here?

This is no doubt the board using the media to say to Williams and his agent, this is our final offer, the ball is in your court. No doubt this was said behind the scenes but they're putting the pressure on.

And so the mind games continue.
Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 12:56 - Jun 23 with 3347 viewsNatterjack

Obviously a bargaining tool from the club - he now has to weigh up an immediate wage increase from a new Swans contract, probable sizeable signing on fee and club captaincy (together with a future testimonial) against the risk of being stuck on the same wages for a year in the hope that someone would be willing to stump up the cash being banded about elsewhere at this moment in a years time.

A risky business, but no doubt his sleazeball agent will heve Ash's best interests at heart ahead of his own commission
Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 02:18 - Jun 24 with 2969 viewsSwansNZ

"Williams is keen to move to the Stadium of Light and has informed Swansea he does not want to extend a contract that only has one year left to run.

Swansea, though, are keen to keep their captain and hope to persuade him to stay by improving his personal terms, even though he has told them he wants to leave this summer after six years at the club"

so says the Telegraph...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/10921564/Sunderland-t

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 06:20 - Jun 24 with 2896 viewsSlugster664

In a situation like this, if those poor Geordies want Ash (or any other of our players) then we need to say, yes you can have him but we want £10m up front and for every place you finish above us in the league, you give us an extra million at the end of the season. If we get relegated, you pay us another sum per season(say a million)for the length of contract Ash signs. Until you agree to this, stop even mentioning his name. We'll soon see how much they want him then!

STID

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 11:10 - Jun 24 with 2678 viewstomdickharry

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 06:20 - Jun 24 by Slugster664

In a situation like this, if those poor Geordies want Ash (or any other of our players) then we need to say, yes you can have him but we want £10m up front and for every place you finish above us in the league, you give us an extra million at the end of the season. If we get relegated, you pay us another sum per season(say a million)for the length of contract Ash signs. Until you agree to this, stop even mentioning his name. We'll soon see how much they want him then!

That is a very good suggestion but not one that our club would enter into,on the other hand if as is being reported that he has told the club he wants out then a realistic cash transfer fee must be put on his head,possibly in the region of min £7M up front.
Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 11:17 - Jun 24 with 2656 viewsdcd14

If that article is true and he wants to move to Sunderland fairplay the boy has got some ambition!

Leave the Swans at your own peril Ash, not many have gone on to even par their Swans form let alone enhance.

All that said, if he is too leave then I'd let it be on a free as he is integral to our defence at this moment of time.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 11:22 - Jun 24 with 2642 viewsDevz00

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 11:17 - Jun 24 by dcd14

If that article is true and he wants to move to Sunderland fairplay the boy has got some ambition!

Leave the Swans at your own peril Ash, not many have gone on to even par their Swans form let alone enhance.

All that said, if he is too leave then I'd let it be on a free as he is integral to our defence at this moment of time.

Unfortunately, if he leaves us for Sunderland then it will mostly be down to money. So I doubt he'll care much about his form.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 12:26 - Jun 24 with 2547 viewsdcd14

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 11:22 - Jun 24 by Devz00

Unfortunately, if he leaves us for Sunderland then it will mostly be down to money. So I doubt he'll care much about his form.

Yeah I understand that its all about the money and he may be thinking of life after football but gone are the days where I think we should worry.

The club have always managed to bring in solid replacements normally which tend to be bargains.
Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 13:08 - Jun 24 with 2460 viewsItchySphincter

I know he's not the brightest but I'd be disappointed for him if he ended up at Sunderland. Massive club and huge wages but a footballing sidestep, maybe even a backward step. Arsenal or Liverpool I could understand but if he's not going to leave to challenge why leave at all? Maybe it's got something to do with the local fluff he's allegedly been chasing.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 13:58 - Jun 24 with 2397 viewssomersetsimon

Swans make Ashley Williams a very good contract offer.. on 13:08 - Jun 24 by ItchySphincter

I know he's not the brightest but I'd be disappointed for him if he ended up at Sunderland. Massive club and huge wages but a footballing sidestep, maybe even a backward step. Arsenal or Liverpool I could understand but if he's not going to leave to challenge why leave at all? Maybe it's got something to do with the local fluff he's allegedly been chasing.

How much would Sunderland pay a player who is 30 next month and plays for a club of a similar standard? £60K a week max? Would he still be first choice at any Premier League team in 2 or 3 years?

I do wonder how much of this is actually driven by the players or by their agents. Even someone like Ash should have accumulated enough money by now to live a lavish lifestyle for the rest of his life. Are they really that bothered about making a move just to make more cash?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024