Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New deal for Wayne ? 10:06 - Jul 9 with 5587 viewsmidswan

Being reported that talks in hand to extend/renew current deal. What do you think ? For me its well deserved,did as much as anyone when the going got tough at the end of the season and was arguably better still season before. I reckon hes found his 'home' here...
New deal for Wayne ? on 13:03 - Jul 9 with 1041 viewsBanosswan

Regarding his age, he seems to be the type of player who will play to the same level in to his mid thirties. If we tie him up for a bit longer, he'll still be a good squad player in a few years.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:11 - Jul 9 with 1025 viewsMusical_Swan

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:02 - Jul 9 by Fitzy

You're asking me why a person would ask for more money in a contract negotiation. If Wayne, or his agent, feel there's an opportunity to obtain a larger wage due to our recent expensive dealings then they will take it.

It's very rare for a player with 2 years remaining on this deal to explicitly initiate the discussion of a new contract. Usually this is done through the threat of a transfer, Christian Benteke last season was a prime example of this.

My point isn't a criticism of Routledge at all. It's simply a manifesting concern over the long-term consequences of some of the large contracts we've reportedly negotiated this summer.

The way I see it.

Club "Wayne, you've worked hard recently and have shown some good commitment to the club, so we'd like to extend your contract and offer you a bit more money."

Wayne "Na, I want stupid money."

Club "No problem, fck off then."

See, no negotiations, just a take it or leave it offer.

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:12 - Jul 9 with 1020 viewsMattG

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:02 - Jul 9 by Fitzy

You're asking me why a person would ask for more money in a contract negotiation. If Wayne, or his agent, feel there's an opportunity to obtain a larger wage due to our recent expensive dealings then they will take it.

It's very rare for a player with 2 years remaining on this deal to explicitly initiate the discussion of a new contract. Usually this is done through the threat of a transfer, Christian Benteke last season was a prime example of this.

My point isn't a criticism of Routledge at all. It's simply a manifesting concern over the long-term consequences of some of the large contracts we've reportedly negotiated this summer.

I don't disagree with your general point that footballers (like the rest of us, by and large) are greedy but there's a lot of supposition in that post.

We don't know who has instigated these discussions but you suppose it to have been Routledge / his agent.

We also don't know what salary levels have been established through the Gomis / Williams deals but you suppose them to be in line with newspaper reports.

More supposition but it could be that the Club, by acting now to negotiate an enhanced deal for Routledge, is actually seeking to reduce the risk of being held to ransom in the future.

Also, speaking from experience, it always feels nicer when an Employer increases your pay off their own bat rather than waiting until you threaten to leave. Perhaps they just want to try and keep the key players happy.
New deal for Wayne ? on 13:15 - Jul 9 with 1015 viewsMusical_Swan

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:12 - Jul 9 by MattG

I don't disagree with your general point that footballers (like the rest of us, by and large) are greedy but there's a lot of supposition in that post.

We don't know who has instigated these discussions but you suppose it to have been Routledge / his agent.

We also don't know what salary levels have been established through the Gomis / Williams deals but you suppose them to be in line with newspaper reports.

More supposition but it could be that the Club, by acting now to negotiate an enhanced deal for Routledge, is actually seeking to reduce the risk of being held to ransom in the future.

Also, speaking from experience, it always feels nicer when an Employer increases your pay off their own bat rather than waiting until you threaten to leave. Perhaps they just want to try and keep the key players happy.

More elequently put than me, cheers!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:28 - Jul 9 with 995 viewsFitzy

New deal for Wayne ? on 13:12 - Jul 9 by MattG

Good post, Matthew.

The whole world of transfer dealings is largely unbeknownst to us normal fans. All we have is purported facts and figures with which to form our opinions. I just have the best interests of Swansea City football club, MY club, at heart and don't want us to succumb to the pressure of conniving agents.

Fitz
New deal for Wayne ? on 14:16 - Jul 9 with 965 viewsDavillin

There's nothing wrong with a cliché except in the eyes [or ears] of the reader.

A cliché is nothing more than an eternal truth stated a couple of times too often for some people, making it -- for them -- annoying.

Oi likes a good cliché, Oi does. Look on the bright side -- all's fair in love and war. And PlanetSwans.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024