Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile 11:24 - Sep 7 with 6342 viewsJackoBoostardo

Given the current economical climate where for years people have been forced to cut hours, take pay cuts or freezes or even lose their jobs... you can always trust these guys to make things better!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-29098334

Well above inflation too! Nice for some!

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:20 - Sep 7 with 1467 viewsJackoBoostardo

Ah, should mention that expenses are likely to be increased soon too! All the while the majority of us in the real world have expenses paid for out of our own salary, or when the business allows. Expenses for MP's is ridiculously easy to get around - as we've clearly seen, and not much has changed! In addition to their pay, each MP who travels to Westminster is also granted an addition £25k per year for secondary accommodation, and additional salaries for any other 'family or friends' who work for them!

So when you think about it, they don't pay for shopping nor the ultilities/decoration and upkeep of any second accommodation held, and they are demanding others in the public sector take pay freezes? Who pays for Average Joe's commuting payments and fuel costs?

And these middle managers people speak of - they're certainly not in the public sector (frozen on an indefinite 1%), nor in the emergency services (who too are capped).

How do these cretins think they can get away with this again, so soon after their 11% rise is ridiculous! Remember - this is a line of work that they have chosen to undertake - even prior to their earlier 11% pay rise.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2014 13:26]

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:27 - Sep 7 with 1460 viewsHighjack

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 12:11 - Sep 7 by exiledclaseboy

Of course, they still have their generous expenses and over 100 of them are government ministers, who all pick up a ministerial salary on top of the MP one. Cabinet ministers get about £140k per year. But there are senior civil servants earning far more.

And union leaders.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:29 - Sep 7 with 1456 viewsDr_Winston

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 11:55 - Sep 7 by exiledclaseboy

Some of the managers of Tesco's larger stores are on significantly more than that. Whether they are classed as "middle management" is another matter.

Got a couple of mates working in accountancy (public and private sector) earning that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:29 - Sep 7 with 1456 viewsJackoBoostardo

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 12:40 - Sep 7 by Shaky

Quadrupling MPs' salaries would be a small price to pay if it meant they would become less inclined towards accepting consultancy payments and lobbying fees, which undoubtedly subvert the democratic process.

Indeed cynics might suspect that the powers that be use the popular press to whip up anti MP sentiment to keep them hungry and susceptible.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2014 12:44]

Their sole purpose should be to exclusively focus on the rights and requirements of their constituents, and that of Britain.

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:35 - Sep 7 with 1449 viewsShaky

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:29 - Sep 7 by JackoBoostardo

Their sole purpose should be to exclusively focus on the rights and requirements of their constituents, and that of Britain.

The fact is that a good PA in London will be making £40-50k, one reason being that the cost of living is simply substantially higher.

I say pay MSs enough so they are not in effect forced to take bribes from special interest lobbying groups.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:49 - Sep 7 with 1434 viewsJackoBoostardo

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:35 - Sep 7 by Shaky

The fact is that a good PA in London will be making £40-50k, one reason being that the cost of living is simply substantially higher.

I say pay MSs enough so they are not in effect forced to take bribes from special interest lobbying groups.

I wouldn't say they were FORCED to accept bribes. In fact, live like anyone else -within their means. They already have an excessively generous expenses system to cover the rest, something may others are not able to claim (such as travel, cost of fuel etc). The P.A you mention is unlikely to have such a generous expenses system behind her, nor have as much privileges as an MP.

If any MP is being bribed or takes bungs for "special interests" then this should be treated as a crime at all times!

And what is an MP? You do not need any special qualifications to become an MP as you would with a skilled role. You are simply an elected representative of the region that has voted you to speak on their behalf - and this should be the primary focus.

It's extremely hypocritical to expect your constituents and those in the country you represent to take a pay-cut/freeze, yet insist on a pay rise themselves. I'd rather see the emergency services given the pay rise to be honest.

It's the hypocrisy I take exception with.

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 14:15 - Sep 7 with 1422 viewsexiledclaseboy

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:27 - Sep 7 by Highjack

And union leaders.

Indeed so.

Poll: Tory leader

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 14:20 - Sep 7 with 1418 viewsDyfnant

The extremely generous pension situation of MPs seems to be being tackled, slightly. The pay they're on doesn't seem overboard if you isolate it.
GP salaries are irrelevant to this argument though as the vast majority are self employed. They risk the same as any other self employed person in possibly earning nothing in the year, in fact it's generally riskier as your relying on a government contract and a competent practice manager.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Login to get fewer ads

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 14:41 - Sep 7 with 1402 viewsepaul

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 14:15 - Sep 7 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed so.

As voted by the members, we do not have a say of the theiving MP's level of pay. I'm sure if union members weren't happy with their leaders pay motions would be tabled at annual conference, so in all nothing at all like MP's pay issues

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 20:00 - Sep 7 with 1353 viewsNogginthenog

As I understand it they are not awarding themselves this rise. It is suggested by an independent review body. I agree with this rise on this occasion but agree with others that the more than generous expenses system should be stopped at the same time. All future rises should be in line with the rest of the public sector though.
Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 20:04 - Sep 7 with 1343 viewsHighjack

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 20:00 - Sep 7 by Nogginthenog

As I understand it they are not awarding themselves this rise. It is suggested by an independent review body. I agree with this rise on this occasion but agree with others that the more than generous expenses system should be stopped at the same time. All future rises should be in line with the rest of the public sector though.

Yes, the general established procedure is this independent review body who are paid by the government decide that the M.P's need a pay rise. The M.P's all say "This is ridiculous, it's not right, we shouldn't get a pay rise." And then vote for a pay rise anyway.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 20:16 - Sep 7 with 1333 viewsepaul

If re elected Caroline Lucas (Green MP) will donate the rise to charity

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 20:32 - Sep 7 with 1315 viewsHighjack

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 20:16 - Sep 7 by epaul

If re elected Caroline Lucas (Green MP) will donate the rise to charity

Isn't that technically bribery?

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 10:22 - Sep 8 with 1275 viewsCatullus

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 11:35 - Sep 7 by exiledclaseboy

I agree, most of them could make much more than that outside of Parliament. But they would of course be mental to accept a 9% pay rise at a time when everyone else is getting zip. The symbolism would be awful.

No doubt there's a few who would do a lot better. But some of them should be nowhere near any responsible position, and how they got into parliament is a mystery, to me at least. Hain being one of them, as people have said, a 3 legged donkey draped in red would win in NPT.
The symbolism of it is awful. And on the eve of an independence vote too, the Jocks must be furious.
Then what if they walk away from the union, the predictions of financial disaster are flourishing. Experts are coming out of the woodwork warning about the rise of utility bills, inflation rocketing, taxes rising. And by then the MP's will probably expect another pay rise.

Maybe they should get more pay but, they also get very generous expenses and subsidies we can only dream of. How many of them have bought houses on the cheap and made huge profits. And that's ignoring the expenses scandal where most of them pocketed thousands in extras. They have also employed family members, be they suitable or not.
No, MP's shouldn't get it right now, they have plenty of moral and ethical ground to recover before the majority will be happy with it.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:18 - Sep 8 with 1261 viewsjackb

Here's something I'm sure will make everyone smile on 13:35 - Sep 7 by Shaky

taking bribes is not about need, it's all about ego & greed!! No matter how much some of them earned they would still take bribes so they feel important
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024