Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Montero 17:13 - Mar 21 with 2342 viewsGundog

This guy has the pace of a cheetah, his ability to glide around the opposition is quite brilliant and he does it with ease.
He is definitely a game changer, and along with the acquisitions of Cork and Noughton we have started to evolve into a very good squad.

Poll: should Leon still be the main man in midfield

Montero on 18:30 - Mar 21 with 2275 viewsmitchwales

And yet the whingers bleated on that Garry Monk couldn't attract players.
Montero on 18:43 - Mar 21 with 2248 viewsdgt73

That was some pass that set up Gomis to score...

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Montero on 18:59 - Mar 21 with 2214 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on 18:30 - Mar 21 by mitchwales

I was worried about that but he has done well to date. Being a EPL club has helped but you still have to source the players.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero on 19:02 - Mar 21 with 2207 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on 18:43 - Mar 21 by dgt73

That was some pass that set up Gomis to score...

Indeed it was. Right out the Routs box of tricks as well. I don't buy that he has no end product. If he keeps skinning fullbacks like that it is always going to pay off eventually. Leaving the opponent on his arse is the hard bit.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Montero on 19:06 - Mar 21 with 2188 viewsdgt73

Montero on 19:02 - Mar 21 by Private_Partz

Indeed it was. Right out the Routs box of tricks as well. I don't buy that he has no end product. If he keeps skinning fullbacks like that it is always going to pay off eventually. Leaving the opponent on his arse is the hard bit.

He set up the Winner at old Trafford and v arsenal if I remember correctly. If you include today as well that means we got 9 pts from those games and without Montero we'd have got 3 pts from 3 draws.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Montero on 19:10 - Mar 21 with 2164 viewsPrivate_Partz

Montero on 19:06 - Mar 21 by dgt73

He set up the Winner at old Trafford and v arsenal if I remember correctly. If you include today as well that means we got 9 pts from those games and without Montero we'd have got 3 pts from 3 draws.

I think we have a right little gem and the big boys will undoubtedly come asniffing if he continues to skin his markers in this fashion.

Montero on 19:16 - Mar 21 with 2143 viewslibertine

brilliant pass

perfect weight/timing

who said he doesn't know where to go
Montero on 19:17 - Mar 21 with 2135 viewsTheFranchise

If I was Gomis, i'd be banging Monk's door to make sure Montero starts the next game.
Login to get fewer ads

Montero on 19:21 - Mar 21 with 2126 viewsicecoldjack

Montero on 18:30 - Mar 21 by mitchwales

Well lets be fair here. Its prem football and decent wages that attract players here, plus the fact we now pay full market value for the likes of Naughton, fredirico etc.

Do you think they come here because of Monk or because we are a solid prem football club that has built a reputation for playing good football and has proven to be a good stepping stone for players entering the prem league ?

The attracting players thing ive never really bought into greatly but no doubt the likes of Laudrup attracted Michu,Chico,Pablo,Bony,Amat and JDG.

Brendan attracted Borini, Sinclair and Siggy .

None of those players would have been looking at Swansea City unless we had those managers in place.

The key thing here in "attracting" is the fact that alot of those players were cheap as chips. We arn't signing those kinds of players so much now though, we are paying the full market value for proven premiership/quality players who are here to do a job and get paid the going rate,maybe more .

The likes of Fabianski and Gomis arn't coming here because of Monk they are coming here because they are getting paid a whack load of cash and are promised game time.

Same with Cork same with Naughton .

Monks reputation will grow if he continues to do well, all players talk and word gets around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024