Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This summer... 15:17 - Apr 26 with 1577 viewsMorSwan

After what can only be described as a great season, I think this summer is the time to invest in the team properly. Forget stadium expansions and all the other things we've concentrated on over the last couple of years, there's no point to all that unless we have a team to back it all up. This is is the first season in the Prem where I've been confident we can take on the big boys after investing in a summer transfer window.

Everyone I've spoken to about transfers agrees that the 3 areas we need to invest in are at LB, wing and another striker. I've been a massive critic of Gomis since Bony left and although he's kind of proven me wrong by scoring, I still don't think he's got it in him to score as many as Bony did to help us get to that next level. It's also evident that at LB we need strength, Taylor needs a shot up his backside to challenge him in that area and that lad Fuchs from Germany is a good shout. At wing I think Montero and Routledge have done well, but we need to hit the next level, being able to sign Ayew would show a lot of intent and if we can afford his wages then why not? He's proven.

I know not everyone will agree, that's life, but I genuinely believe in Garry, the board and the club as whole to press on and take us to the next level.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 15:18]

Poll: What striker would you want?

This summer... on 15:25 - Apr 26 with 1547 viewsWhiterockin

As a matter of interest, when you say forget about the stadium expansion, are you a season ticket holder and therefore you are able to get to see the home matches.
This summer... on 15:35 - Apr 26 with 1513 viewsMorSwan

This summer... on 15:25 - Apr 26 by Whiterockin

As a matter of interest, when you say forget about the stadium expansion, are you a season ticket holder and therefore you are able to get to see the home matches.

I'm more of a season ticket that sees empty seats every game, especially away from home.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 15:35]

This summer... on 15:40 - Apr 26 with 1484 viewsSweyns_Eye

We really need to expand the stadium, or risk the loss of future fans unable to get to watch us other than on the telly.

Its not only the Swansea area, with the mess them lot up the road are in they need an unlikely miracle to get back to the Premier league. We are the only realistic chance of young football fans in south Wales seeing top level football and world stars for years to come. Some Cardiff fans are keen on talking about their huge catchment area of potential fans. Ours is no longer limited to the city and the Neath and Swansea valleys.

"After the war is over I'm going to buy a British radio set - then at least I'll own something that has always worked". Hermann Goring, 1943.
Poll: How long do you think Monk will last managing Leeds?

This summer... on 15:49 - Apr 26 with 1452 viewsMorSwan

This summer... on 15:40 - Apr 26 by Sweyns_Eye

We really need to expand the stadium, or risk the loss of future fans unable to get to watch us other than on the telly.

Its not only the Swansea area, with the mess them lot up the road are in they need an unlikely miracle to get back to the Premier league. We are the only realistic chance of young football fans in south Wales seeing top level football and world stars for years to come. Some Cardiff fans are keen on talking about their huge catchment area of potential fans. Ours is no longer limited to the city and the Neath and Swansea valleys.

The club don't even know what they're doing. One minute, we're buying the Liberty, the next we're building a new ground all together. They're installing seats in to the stadium every other week and then making plans to extend the stadium and saying when, but then postponing it.

I can't see us filling an extension.

This summer... on 15:58 - Apr 26 with 1425 viewsWhiterockin

This summer... on 15:35 - Apr 26 by MorSwan

I'm more of a season ticket that sees empty seats every game, especially away from home.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2015 15:35]

??????????? What has this statement got to do with anything.

I'm more of a season ticket that sees empty seats every game.
Matches are sold out, empty seats are mostly unsold away supporters or sold and unused.

especially away from home.
What have empty seats away from home got to do with a stadium extension. Idiot.
This summer... on 16:00 - Apr 26 with 1417 viewsWhiterockin

This summer... on 15:49 - Apr 26 by MorSwan

The club don't even know what they're doing. One minute, we're buying the Liberty, the next we're building a new ground all together. They're installing seats in to the stadium every other week and then making plans to extend the stadium and saying when, but then postponing it.

I can't see us filling an extension.

When have we ever said that we are building a new ground altogether. Again idiot.
This summer... on 16:08 - Apr 26 with 1393 viewsDaithejack

We do need to strengthen in the positions you mentioned but whats this next level you talk about, Champions league qualification? We could spend 300 million on players and still not brake in to the top 4. I'd be more than happy to stay at the level we are at for a few years. Top 10 in the premiere league is a fantastic achievment for a club of our size.

Poll: Shelvey's Goal, Best Swans goal ever?

This summer... on 16:13 - Apr 26 with 1372 viewsairedale

This summer... on 15:40 - Apr 26 by Sweyns_Eye

I think that the only significant catchment area that Cardiff have over us, is on the other side of the Severn Bridge, in the Bristol conurbation etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024