Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wayne Rooney's finishing 18:17 - Jun 14 with 3012 viewsbosh67

what on earth has happened to it?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 18:23 - Jun 14 with 2993 viewsflynnbo

Disappeared into thin hair.
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 18:23 - Jun 14 with 2990 viewsjohnhoop

I know, I only started watching 10 mins ago and already he's missed 2 clear chances. FFS get him off and get Charlie on! (but you know Woy would never do it.)
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 18:30 - Jun 14 with 2952 viewsQPRDEL

We all know Woy will never drop Rooney till he gets that scoring record, prob be two dodgy pens eventualy
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 18:35 - Jun 14 with 2932 viewssuperstan

Wouldn't want him at L R!
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 18:44 - Jun 14 with 2889 viewssuperstan

But then again.
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 18:47 - Jun 14 with 2864 viewsjohnhoop

Finally presented with a chance even he couldn't miss.
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 19:07 - Jun 14 with 2765 viewsbosh67

Fair play he took the goal well in the end but his finishing was abysmal most of the evening. Glad to see Sterling didn't end his career when that knee got stuck in the turf. Amazed he got away with that. I could almost see our percentage vaporising at that moment.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 20:27 - Jun 14 with 2651 viewsSterlingArcher

Unfortunately, due to Rooney being undropable/ Unsubstitutable that put paid to our hopes of
Charlie becoming an England player whilst at QPR. His post match interview was laughable,trying to justify his recent pitiful performances and convince the English public that he has some
Telepathic understanding with Wilshere . Even the 'Human Worm' could've scored the winner !
Login to get fewer ads

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 21:55 - Jun 14 with 2555 viewsichbinnaughty

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 18:23 - Jun 14 by flynnbo

Disappeared into thin hair.

Huge applause
Hahahahhahaa bravo sir
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 22:26 - Jun 14 with 2506 viewsbatmanhoop

should have had four, certainly a hat-trick
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 23:16 - Jun 14 with 2457 viewsconnell10

Lets be honest here chaz couldnt lace rooneys boots!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 01:14 - Jun 15 with 2409 viewsPunteR

Rooney is not a world class,but is a good player.
He's a better all round footballer than Austin but Austin would have buried those chance.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 02:04 - Jun 15 with 2396 viewsDylanP

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 23:16 - Jun 14 by connell10

Lets be honest here chaz couldnt lace rooneys boots!

Errr .. you wot?

Chaz scored 18 this year and Rooney scored 12, in spite of the fact that Rooney played for a team stacked with talent that provided lots of chances and support for him. Charlie scored 18 of the 42 goals QPR scored this year (one third or 33%). Rooney scored 12 of the 62 goals United scored this season (less than one fifth or 20%).

It may be true that Rooney has done it for a lot longer and has paid his dues, but Rooney isn't nearly as fast or sharp as he once was an is one the downward curve of his career, whereas Charlie is still learning and growing as a player.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 10:55 - Jun 15 with 2269 viewsconnell10

I know who I'd prefer playing for rangers!

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 11:13 - Jun 15 with 2261 viewsstevec

The worst aspect is this flat track bully, only scoring against no hopers, is going to take Bobby Charltons' goal scoring record.

An indictment of modern day International football, if ever there was one.
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 11:41 - Jun 15 with 2233 viewsBasingstokeR

Rooney is our closest to being a World Class player, but still some way short, and hasn't lived up to the promise from when he burst on the international scene in 2003.

I don't think you can compare the players in the England top scorers list by goals and appearances alone. Someone like Geoff Hurst's 49 caps in 7 years are probably much more effective and have more importance / legacy than Wayne's 105 caps in 12 years and counting.
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 11:42 - Jun 15 with 2230 viewsrobith

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 20:27 - Jun 14 by SterlingArcher

Unfortunately, due to Rooney being undropable/ Unsubstitutable that put paid to our hopes of
Charlie becoming an England player whilst at QPR. His post match interview was laughable,trying to justify his recent pitiful performances and convince the English public that he has some
Telepathic understanding with Wilshere . Even the 'Human Worm' could've scored the winner !

I turned over and saw the interview - compare Wilshere who looked like he'd been for a light jog (despite being on 20 a day) and Rooney who looked like he was having a heart attack
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 11:48 - Jun 15 with 2219 viewskensalriser

Rooney's always looked five years older than he is. Next season will be his last at Man Utd, I think.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 14:37 - Jun 15 with 2152 viewsJuzzie

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 11:13 - Jun 15 by stevec

The worst aspect is this flat track bully, only scoring against no hopers, is going to take Bobby Charltons' goal scoring record.

Indeed, he's scored against Brazil twice, Argentina, Uruguay & Holland once each. That's it. All the rest have been against mainly Balkan & East European teams.

http://www.englandstats.com/players.php?pid=1126

OK, he scored the winner (a player of his calibre coudn't/shouldn't have missed it anyway) but he had a poor game overall. £300k+ a week? pmsl!

It's like when commentators exclaim how legendary players like Scholes are because "they've played more European games than the likes of Best and Charlton" completely forgetting the whole competition format is different nowadays where a club like Man Utd are pretty much guaranteed 8 games a season minimum whereas the players in the 60's & 70 had to play pretty much that many just to get to the final.

[Post edited 15 Jun 2015 14:50]
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 12:03 - Jun 16 with 2035 viewsthemodfather

rooney is weighed down by that roll of carpet on his head.....
Wayne Rooney's finishing on 12:38 - Jun 16 with 2000 viewsCamberleyR

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 11:13 - Jun 15 by stevec

^^^^^^^^^^
This.

I'm sure Bobby Charlton and Jimmy Greaves (although the same flat track bully jibe has been aimed at him) would have loved the likes of San Marino and Andorra to play against in their day, even jug ears Lineker to an extent (although the Mickey Mouse teams had started creeping in towards the end of his career).

People might argue that there were weak teams about in the 50s/60s/70s. Whilst it is true the likes of the Scandinavian nations, Switzerland etc were weak compared to their standards today, they were a damn site stronger than Gibraltar and all the other teams that regularly get a dose of whoopass in Euro/WC qualifiers.

To put it into perspective, Rooney has 1/10th of the World Cup Finals goal tally of Gary Lineker having played in more WC Finals tournaments.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 13:33 - Jun 16 with 1980 viewsconnell10

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 02:04 - Jun 15 by DylanP

Errr .. you wot?

Chaz scored 18 this year and Rooney scored 12, in spite of the fact that Rooney played for a team stacked with talent that provided lots of chances and support for him. Charlie scored 18 of the 42 goals QPR scored this year (one third or 33%). Rooney scored 12 of the 62 goals United scored this season (less than one fifth or 20%).

It may be true that Rooney has done it for a lot longer and has paid his dues, but Rooney isn't nearly as fast or sharp as he once was an is one the downward curve of his career, whereas Charlie is still learning and growing as a player.

Charlie will never reach the level that rooney has because of the simple fact he ain't as good a footballer! Rooneys got far more to his play, his vision for picking out other players and passing is world class imo. Take Away the hatred of man utd and take off your rose tinted specs and you will see I'm right!😀

Wayne Rooney's finishing on 13:43 - Jun 16 with 1972 viewsClive_Anderson

Obviously a good player, but he never lived up to his potential from when he burst on the scene. He was amazing in Euro 2004 and hasn't done it in a tournament since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024