Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piss Poor 16:36 - Oct 31 with 5657 viewsChippy69

What a piss poor game

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Piss Poor on 16:42 - Oct 31 with 3346 viewsLandore_Jack

We missed too many chances. Arsenal took theirs.

#backtojack

Piss Poor on 16:46 - Oct 31 with 3322 viewslovejuicejack

It's going to be squeaky bum time this season of we keep on giving away games like we did today.
Piss Poor on 16:46 - Oct 31 with 3322 viewsChippy69

Piss Poor on 16:42 - Oct 31 by Landore_Jack

Think monk promised big fines if we take a shot at goal, and not walk it in
Gomis needs to take a break ,for about 8 months

They make us feel indebted For saving us from hell And then they put us through it It's time the bastards fell

Piss Poor on 17:26 - Oct 31 with 3133 viewsLeonisGod

Best we've played for weeks imo. Except for switching off on set pieces.
Piss Poor on 17:57 - Oct 31 with 3020 viewslifelong

If you didn't enjoy some of the football played in that game today maybe you should consider supporting a different sport.
Piss Poor on 17:58 - Oct 31 with 3005 viewsdcd14

Piss Poor on 17:57 - Oct 31 by lifelong

If you didn't enjoy some of the football played in that game today maybe you should consider supporting a different sport.

THIS!

Was a really good game, tempo was fantastic, needed to take our chances.

Switched off from a corner...punished.

Second goal changed the remainder of the game, got to say if it was Cech in that position the whistle goes.
Piss Poor on 18:04 - Oct 31 with 2975 viewsLeonisGod

Piss Poor on 17:58 - Oct 31 by dcd14

THIS!

Second goal changed the remainder of the game, got to say if it was Cech in that position the whistle goes.

And this :-)

Much happier tonight than after Stoke.
Piss Poor on 18:05 - Oct 31 with 2963 viewsdcd14

Piss Poor on 18:04 - Oct 31 by LeonisGod

And this :-)

Much happier tonight than after Stoke.

My thoughts exactly.
Login to get fewer ads

Piss Poor on 18:25 - Oct 31 with 2900 viewsPhil_S

Piss Poor on 17:58 - Oct 31 by dcd14

THIS!

And thus you have today summed up in one single post

We should have been up at half time and paid the price for those missed chances...
Piss Poor on 18:45 - Oct 31 with 2856 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans played well.

Beware of the Risen People

Piss Poor on 19:08 - Oct 31 with 2791 viewslondonlisa2001

Piss Poor on 18:45 - Oct 31 by Kilkennyjack

Swans played well.

It's funny that we all have such different opinions.

I spend a lot of time disagreeing on here with those that overreact to some games - with people saying how bad we were when we didn't play at all poorly.

But today, it's the other way round.

I thought we were pretty awful I'm afraid. Yes we had a glorious chance in the first half (and quite how bad Eder must be in training that he didn't come on for the start of the second half I don't know) but we could still be playing now in that second half and we wouldn't have scored. And yes, a penalty could have been given when Siggy's freekick was handled, but then Giroud also had a glorious chance in the first half as well.

But the balance of the team is wrong in my opinion. We have no cover at all in central midfield (which is putting huge pressure on the back four) as Montero, Ayew and Gomis are all completely out of the game as soon as we lose the ball (and Siggy to a lesser extent as he puts in a huge amount of effort, but normally can't get back in time).

The only way that true wingers work is in a team where the most advanced player can hold it up and lay it off - Gomis just can't do it as his initial touch is awful. And I just don't think that Ki and Shelvey work together. We have no one in midfield that can win a tackle, no one that sits and directs play.

We are set up for fast counter attack - that's why we look better against the top teams as they are trying to win the game not draw at ours. As soon as we go one behind and the opposing team site deeper we haven't a clue how to break them down.

Oh, and Gomis is so lazy it's untrue - a cynic would wonder if his excellent streak in August coincided with the transfer window being open, because he's been awful since. Let's hope for a similar performance in January when he thinks he may get a big money move.

I realise loads on here seem to disagree, but that second half was one of the most depressing performance I've seen from us in ages along with the SToke performance.

And I looked at our bench today and thought we have no none to bring on that can change the game - Taylor was out of position for two of their goals - what on earth is happening with Tabanou.

Irritated today in a way that is rare for me.
Piss Poor on 19:24 - Oct 31 with 2741 viewsKilkennyjack

Piss Poor on 19:08 - Oct 31 by londonlisa2001

I spend a lot of time disagreeing on here with those that overreact to some games - with people saying how bad we were when we didn't play at all poorly.

I thought we were pretty awful I'm afraid. Yes we had a glorious chance in the first half (and quite how bad Eder must be in training that he didn't come on for the start of the second half I don't know) but we could still be playing now in that second half and we wouldn't have scored. And yes, a penalty could have been given when Siggy's freekick was handled, but then Giroud also had a glorious chance in the first half as well.

But the balance of the team is wrong in my opinion. We have no cover at all in central midfield (which is putting huge pressure on the back four) as Montero, Ayew and Gomis are all completely out of the game as soon as we lose the ball (and Siggy to a lesser extent as he puts in a huge amount of effort, but normally can't get back in time).

The only way that true wingers work is in a team where the most advanced player can hold it up and lay it off - Gomis just can't do it as his initial touch is awful. And I just don't think that Ki and Shelvey work together. We have no one in midfield that can win a tackle, no one that sits and directs play.

We are set up for fast counter attack - that's why we look better against the top teams as they are trying to win the game not draw at ours. As soon as we go one behind and the opposing team site deeper we haven't a clue how to break them down.

Oh, and Gomis is so lazy it's untrue - a cynic would wonder if his excellent streak in August coincided with the transfer window being open, because he's been awful since. Let's hope for a similar performance in January when he thinks he may get a big money move.

I realise loads on here seem to disagree, but that second half was one of the most depressing performance I've seen from us in ages along with the SToke performance.

And I looked at our bench today and thought we have no none to bring on that can change the game - Taylor was out of position for two of their goals - what on earth is happening with Tabanou.

Agree about the bench

Beware of the Risen People

Piss Poor on 19:26 - Oct 31 with 2723 viewslifelong

We were outplayed in the second half by a very good Arsenal side, we were nowhere near awful.
Piss Poor on 19:27 - Oct 31 with 2720 viewsplasjack

Clinical is the word, we should have wrapped it up in the first 20 mins and parked the bus in the second half.
Piss Poor on 19:34 - Oct 31 with 2674 viewsSS2013

This

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Piss Poor on 19:35 - Oct 31 with 2669 viewslondonlisa2001

Piss Poor on 19:26 - Oct 31 by lifelong

We were outplayed in the second half by a very good Arsenal side, we were nowhere near awful.

I really thought we were. As I said, I know that lots don't think we were.

But I can't think of a chance we created - Ash burst through and had a good shot and Siggy created a chance from nothing on his left foot, but nothing clear cut.

Arsenal could have scored 5 in that half - they missed a great chance from a corner from the East side and also when three up Campbell wasted a great chance when they broke - he had Ozil (I think) outside him in acres of space.
Piss Poor on 19:39 - Oct 31 with 2647 viewsjacabertawe

Just how many starting chances does Gomis need? Is GM so stuck in the mud with his formation choice that he cannot give Eder a start for a couple of games at least? OK, Eder may not be the total answer to our striker problem, but at least give the guy a chance to prove his worth. This may either get Gomis to start playing as he is paid very handsomely to do or he will again ask to leave. A win, win, surely? And start Leon in midfield. And get Tabanou up and running. And ......... ah, bo...x!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Piss Poor on 19:44 - Oct 31 with 2617 viewsjojaca

Good post!

Big problem we have is when we are losing, we are replacing Eder for Gomis which is like for like. We need an alternative option, a Shane Long type of player who could also partner Gomis. Apart from Barrow and Montero, we do not have much pace in the team. I would fancy myself in a foot race with most of the Swans team.

Even when you know, you never know?

Piss Poor on 19:47 - Oct 31 with 2604 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

We played very well today

Midfield ran their bollocks off

2 nd goal killed us all

Gomis needs a big facking rest

Soul destroying

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Piss Poor on 19:55 - Oct 31 with 2566 viewsdcd14

Hard to agree with any of your post.

Shelvey and Ki dictated the first half.

Gomis IMO isn't lazy, he may not close as much as Siggy but I doubt there is a player in that position in the PL that does.

If you think that game resembled anything like Monday you can't have been watching the same game.

The reality is they scored from a corner, scored for a referee error and scored a third because of the acres of space we give them chasing a way back into the game.
Piss Poor on 20:00 - Oct 31 with 2538 viewsjacksfullaces

strange start to the thread. nothing wrong with the game.

the result on the other hand ....
Piss Poor on 20:04 - Oct 31 with 2514 viewsjack247

I honestly thought we were the better team in the first half. Well beaten in the end and there obvious issues that need looking at and the shape isn't quite right, but I thought that was a better performance than Stoke and better than the majority of the Villa game.
Piss Poor on 20:11 - Oct 31 with 2477 viewsDr_Winston

Piss Poor on 20:04 - Oct 31 by jack247

I honestly thought we were the better team in the first half. Well beaten in the end and there obvious issues that need looking at and the shape isn't quite right, but I thought that was a better performance than Stoke and better than the majority of the Villa game.

We were by far the better team in the first half. Gomis should have done better with the one on one for sure. Go in winning and maybe the second half would have been different.

But...

Second half was more of the same kind of lethargic shite they've been serving up since August ended. Again, throw in after throw in saw only one player interested in making himself available. Again, players were flat footed when receiving the ball instead of being on their toes waiting to do something with it. Again, far too often the first choice was the sideways or backwards ball instead of looking to attack and create some chances.

On the plus side Ki and Shelvey did fairly well as a midfield combo, and Naughton had his best game for us IMO.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piss Poor on 20:12 - Oct 31 with 2465 viewsSkipTheJack

I thought that was the best we've played in quite a while. I was just thinking before they scored that we weren't just matching them, we were looking their equals. We were much better than we were at Villa last week.

The first two goals were horrific to concede. After that we threw in the towel, and Arsenal rediscovered their confidence.

Sometimes we just have to say that it simply wasn't our day.
Piss Poor on 20:14 - Oct 31 with 2441 viewslondonlisa2001

Piss Poor on 19:55 - Oct 31 by dcd14

Hard to agree with any of your post.

Shelvey and Ki dictated the first half.

Gomis IMO isn't lazy, he may not close as much as Siggy but I doubt there is a player in that position in the PL that does.

If you think that game resembled anything like Monday you can't have been watching the same game.

The reality is they scored from a corner, scored for a referee error and scored a third because of the acres of space we give them chasing a way back into the game.

It's not his closing down that bothers me, it's his complete lack of effort in getting back onside that does.

To be fair I did watch the Stoke game on the TV which gives a different perspective.

I was irritated today and I rarely am.

I think the thing that pushed me over the edge was when Arsenal broke away, Ash ran into Barrow, realised he wasn't going to get back in time and collapsed in a heap to make himself less culpable even though there was nothing wrong with him.

As I said - it's just an opinion. Onwards and upwards.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024