Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 13:15 - Mar 9 with 4156 viewsDevz00

TICKET PRICES for supporters travelling to Premier League matches will be capped at a maximum of £30 for the next three seasons.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/651106/Premier-League-Ticket-Prices-Away

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 13:21 - Mar 9 with 4125 viewspencoedjack

£8 more than I currently pay

I wonder what excuses those who blame having to book in advance will come up with now.
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 13:23 - Mar 9 with 4106 viewsDevz00

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 13:21 - Mar 9 by pencoedjack

£8 more than I currently pay

I wonder what excuses those who blame having to book in advance will come up with now.

Yeah, it might mean little to us if the club keep the £22 campaign going for the next few seasons but it's a significant change! I'm surprised they have agreed to this to be honest. Great for the fans of the big clubs especially.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 14:19 - Mar 9 with 3985 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A bit of Premier League PR given that each club gets an extra £15m next season. It will cost the Swans about £30,000 per Cat A match and £10,000 for the other matches. That works out at £250,000 to £300,000 per season. Even less if the visiting clubs sell more of their allocation, less empty seats in away end.

If they keep Away prices at £22 will save around £10,000 per match or £200,000 per season.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 14:29 - Mar 9 with 3967 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just a bit of PL PR. Given that all clubs get an extra £15M next season.

It will cost the Swans £30,000 per Cat A Game and £10,000 for the rest that works out £300,000.

If they keep the away price at £22 they will save around £150,000 to £200,000

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 15:09 - Mar 9 with 3895 viewsDevz00

FSF statement - http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/premier-league-announce-cap-away-tickets-at-3

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 15:42 - Mar 9 with 3846 viewspencoedjack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 14:29 - Mar 9 by felixstowe_jack

Just a bit of PL PR. Given that all clubs get an extra £15M next season.

It will cost the Swans £30,000 per Cat A Game and £10,000 for the rest that works out £300,000.

If they keep the away price at £22 they will save around £150,000 to £200,000

So you don't think it is good that they have put this in place ?

When Swansea put the £22 away ticket price in place some still moaned, until the team bus picks up some fans from their house en route to the game for free I'd imagine they still will.
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 15:52 - Mar 9 with 3819 viewsLandore_Jack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 15:42 - Mar 9 by pencoedjack

When Swansea put the £22 away ticket price in place some still moaned, until the team bus picks up some fans from their house en route to the game for free I'd imagine they still will.

I thought the £22 price is limited for a specific peroid before going back to full price. Is that correct?
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 15:53]

#backtojack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 16:24 - Mar 9 with 3758 viewspencoedjack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 15:52 - Mar 9 by Landore_Jack

I thought the £22 price is limited for a specific peroid before going back to full price. Is that correct?
[Post edited 9 Mar 2016 15:53]

Correct
Login to get fewer ads

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 09:27 - Mar 10 with 3538 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 15:42 - Mar 9 by pencoedjack

I never said that it was not a good idea. I take advantage of the £22 offer whenever I can. I am just saying it won't cost Swansea a lot as they already offer cheap away tickets.

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 11:32 - Mar 10 with 3490 viewsDevz00

I think it's great that they've agreed to do this. My one concern would be that when we sometimes pay less than £30 for the category C or B games at other clubs, they may decide to just have a £30 fee set instead. So we could see some games go up. They are a rare occurrence though to be fair.

They were talking about this on Talksport yesterday and some callers were saying that we may see the away ends cut in order to get more home fans in paying the bigger prices. Can you see that happening? Not so sure myself.

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 12:55 - Mar 10 with 3469 viewsEdmundo

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 11:32 - Mar 10 by Devz00

I think it's great that they've agreed to do this. My one concern would be that when we sometimes pay less than £30 for the category C or B games at other clubs, they may decide to just have a £30 fee set instead. So we could see some games go up. They are a rare occurrence though to be fair.

They were talking about this on Talksport yesterday and some callers were saying that we may see the away ends cut in order to get more home fans in paying the bigger prices. Can you see that happening? Not so sure myself.

Can't see 'away ends' cut, mainly due to the 10% ratio of tickets for away fans.

It wouldn't matter that much to us as most fans don't manage to get tickets at £22.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 12:57 - Mar 10 with 3468 viewsJBT95

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 11:32 - Mar 10 by Devz00

Unless they change the rules away clubs are entitled to 3000 tickets or 10% of capacity, whichever is smaller. Of course not all clubs take up the full amount.
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 12:58 - Mar 10 with 3464 viewsJBT95

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 15:09 - Mar 9 by Devz00

FSF statement - http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/premier-league-announce-cap-away-tickets-at-3

"Running from the 2016/17 the £3 cap on all away tickets".. if only!
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 13:00 - Mar 10 with 3460 viewsDevz00

Yep, I am aware about the 10% rule for away fans. It was just something they were debating yesterday.

The £22 deal is great but I'm not sure how long it will last. Plus, when people don't book in time, at least it will only rise to a £8 max.

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 21:24 - Mar 10 with 3387 viewswhiterock

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 12:55 - Mar 10 by Edmundo

Can't see 'away ends' cut, mainly due to the 10% ratio of tickets for away fans.

It wouldn't matter that much to us as most fans don't manage to get tickets at £22.

Most fans do, over 6000 Jack Army Members
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 22:22 - Mar 10 with 3342 viewspencoedjack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 13:00 - Mar 10 by Devz00

Yep, I am aware about the 10% rule for away fans. It was just something they were debating yesterday.

The £22 deal is great but I'm not sure how long it will last. Plus, when people don't book in time, at least it will only rise to a £8 max.

Pointless keeping it now imo

Would rather subsidised travel which has nothing to do with travelling on a pop & crisps bus.
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 09:41 - Mar 11 with 3236 viewsDevz00

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 22:22 - Mar 10 by pencoedjack

Pointless keeping it now imo

Would rather subsidised travel which has nothing to do with travelling on a pop & crisps bus.

How would that work? A Swans railcard?

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 10:13 - Mar 11 with 3223 viewspencoedjack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 09:41 - Mar 11 by Devz00

How would that work? A Swans railcard?

Would be very nice ..... But I guess difficult work.

I guess most know the issue with booking rail in advance & the risks of Sky moving the game.

Booked West Ham on the train had to book a flex ticket £53 if I knew the fixture wouldn't be moved it would be £37.
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 11:46 - Mar 11 with 3193 viewsDevz00

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 10:13 - Mar 11 by pencoedjack

Would be very nice ..... But I guess difficult work.

I guess most know the issue with booking rail in advance & the risks of Sky moving the game.

Booked West Ham on the train had to book a flex ticket £53 if I knew the fixture wouldn't be moved it would be £37.

Yeah good point about fixtures moving. Not sure the club would want to associate themselves with discounted travel by train anyway...most of us go by train so we can have a few beers.

I think if they were going to subsidise travel then it would only ever be for official coaches so I guess that's why the £22 scheme is fairer.

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 11:53 - Mar 11 with 3189 viewspencoedjack

Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 11:46 - Mar 11 by Devz00

Yeah good point about fixtures moving. Not sure the club would want to associate themselves with discounted travel by train anyway...most of us go by train so we can have a few beers.

I think if they were going to subsidise travel then it would only ever be for official coaches so I guess that's why the £22 scheme is fairer.

Agree totally

Train travel card & free beer would be good though
Prem away ticket price cap - £30 on 12:27 - Mar 11 with 3171 viewsepaul

The 22 quid deal has been great for me this season, I haven't failed to get one ticket in my alloted time as as JA member

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024