Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Formation 12:54 - Sep 1 with 4182 viewslondonlisa2001

So, we are left with what we have at the moment and it's not all that pretty.

Thoughts turn to how we can compete this year, with what we have.

It seems to me we have a few glaring weaknesses, not least at the back, where we've looked incredibly shaky so far. Equally, we've looked toothless going forward, with a lack of creativity particularly from our wide players.

I was wondering if using this international break to try a new formation may be worthwhile.

Given the centre backs that we have, would it be worth trying a 'Wales type' formation where we have Amat and Mawson either side of VDH (as the tallest of the defenders) with FF as backup?

We could then play Kingsley and Naughton as wing backs (both being relatively quick and with at least some ability to cross the ball), have three in midfield that are less defensively focused (maybe Fer, Ki, Siggy, all rotating to some degree), and two of Baston, Llorente, Barrow, possibly Routledge up front.

It may not be the most attacking of formations, but at least shores us up. We could move to a 4 3 3 with Llorente, Baston and Barrow up front, bring Cork in for one of Fer or Ki, and go to 4 at the back as an alternative.

I am not certain it would work, but think it may be better than our current 4 2 3 1 set up, where we have a shaky defence and a big gap to the '1' up front when Gylfi is off form.
Formation on 16:11 - Sep 1 with 893 viewsGriffting

I do see the diamond coming back soon if we start sliding. That's about it re changing formation.
Formation on 16:28 - Sep 1 with 873 viewsmonmouth

Formation on 16:02 - Sep 1 by karnataka

I'm warming to this idea. Doesn't FG have past form for using this formation?

Choosing a formation that suits the players we've got? Whatever next?

Well that, hopefully.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Formation on 17:27 - Sep 1 with 830 viewsjohnlangy

Trying to cheer myself up after the lack of activity up to the deadline yesterday I remembered the team line up away to West Ham in May.

Back 4 was Naughton, Fede, Amat and Kingsley. Ash and Taylor were rested. Also Gylfi was rested from midfield. I know West Ham weren't great on the day but it was still a very good performance from the Swans and hopefully, with a few games together now Fede and Amat may start to develop a bit of a partnership. Regardless of that I don't expect much against Chelsea. But then we never expect much against the so called big teams but we still beat them quite regularly.

Positive thoughts people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024