Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... 11:13 - Nov 1 with 13224 viewsTheResurrection

And the resignation of Jenkins and to get a full understanding of the strategy on survival.

Call a meeting with your members if you feel you need to do this officially or just make a public statement to this affect and take it to the press.

The time has come now to show our strength and to make it clear that not only are we a significant shareholder but we're also many thousands of lifelong supporters.

No more pussy footing around. Do this before the next meeting with them.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:28 - Nov 1 with 1351 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 14:59 - Nov 1 by NOTRAC

The Trust alone cannot save the club from relegation.
The Trust has to take the opportunity this weekend to establish whether or not they can form a relationship with the new owners.
Part of this new relationship must involve the cessation of Jenkins as M.D.Obviously after what has happened it would be hypocritical and unacceptable to work with him in the future.
To save us from relegation we must reach ,in my opinion, at least seventeen points by the end of December.This is possible if we pick the right team from our current squad of players, as our fixtures in December ,particularly at home, are a lot easier than those to date.
In the short term the Trust must emphasise the importance of once again involving Alan Curtis as right hand man to our new manager.His experience proved vital last year and should be used again.How to persuade the new owners and Bradley to accept this without them losing face will be critical.
Also the Trust must persuade the new owners to immediately look for those players who would strengthen our squad in January.Plans must not be left too late.Under no circumstances should Jenkins be allowed anywhere near this issue.Even if they do not want to risk any more of their own money, there is still the additional £40m of TV money to use.
It must be explained to them that this season must now only be one of survival.The time to discuss commercial revenues and ground purchase must be left on the table for the present.
Also the Trust must explore with them the worst scenario of relegation.Would they look to immediately get their money back? The Trust need to know their intentions on this issue to plan accordingly.
Therefore in my opinion the Trusts meeting this weekend with the new owners is essential.
Hopefully a new respect can be established between the two parties for the future good of Swansea City football club.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 15:03]

My thoughts almost to a tee.

Andrew, I am fearing you are taking a stand-backish approach and this I fear is critically wrong.

We need to go into this meeting with a list of items/demands to discuss. One of them being the removal of Jenkins. Now I know he has been asked to go which is a mistake in my opinion and why we need a statement BEFORE the meeting of our intent.

Please don’t be guilty of not listening to the supporters concerns again or be defensive in replying to us.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2016 16:37]

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:51 - Nov 1 with 1304 viewsDarran

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:07 - Nov 1 by cockneyswan

Well I am a member and I totally agree with him. I wondered how long it would be before you tried to derail this constructive debate, I bet you're looking forward to cheering your beloved united at the weekend!
So just F off is it 😡

Yeah I agree with anyone that has this view too but to demand something from the Trust when you're not a member is a bit f*cking thick.

Oh and you f*ck off too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:03 - Nov 1 with 1269 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 16:51 - Nov 1 by Darran

Yeah I agree with anyone that has this view too but to demand something from the Trust when you're not a member is a bit f*cking thick.

Oh and you f*ck off too.

Dr Winston

Lord Bony

Phil Sumbler

Please can you just delete Darran's posts and this oner here. I'm pretty sure it's obvious to anyone reading this thread it's constructive and informative to most posters. It doesn't need to degenerate in the usual way when this guy and similar others get involved.

Come on mun. Moderate properly. Keep this to topic.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:17 - Nov 1 with 1235 viewsblueytheblue

Trusts represent and serve their members.

Non-members "demanding" action therefore have about as much relevance as me demanding the Minogue sisters get nekkid and mud wrestle. Nice thought but sadly not going to happen...

Poll: Alternate POTY final

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:20 - Nov 1 with 1226 viewsTheResurrection

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:17 - Nov 1 by blueytheblue

Trusts represent and serve their members.

Non-members "demanding" action therefore have about as much relevance as me demanding the Minogue sisters get nekkid and mud wrestle. Nice thought but sadly not going to happen...

You obviously realie becoming a member takes just a few clicks and quid.

This isn't the main talking point here so please don't derail important discussion.

This site... :-( It's just hard work and the moderation is terrible.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:22 - Nov 1 with 1222 viewsblueytheblue

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:20 - Nov 1 by TheResurrection

You obviously realie becoming a member takes just a few clicks and quid.

This isn't the main talking point here so please don't derail important discussion.

This site... :-( It's just hard work and the moderation is terrible.

So join then. Change the attitude and delivery method, could be a useful asset for the Trust.

Of course that would then mean you'd be judged in the same way you judge the Trust at the moment...

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:24 - Nov 1 with 1214 viewsMurph75

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:22 - Nov 1 by blueytheblue

So join then. Change the attitude and delivery method, could be a useful asset for the Trust.

Of course that would then mean you'd be judged in the same way you judge the Trust at the moment...

Never going to happen. Talks a good game.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:27 - Nov 1 with 1207 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:22 - Nov 1 by blueytheblue

Are you a member?

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Login to get fewer ads

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:28 - Nov 1 with 1199 viewsCopaMundial

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 15:07 - Nov 1 by Uxbridge

Let's do something. Anything. Doesn't matter what or why, let's just do it.

Yeah. No.

I'll tell you what you could have done ....you could have made sure that a man who was spending so much time at the club that he was earning 40k had his ear to the ground and his finger on the pulse especially after the first aborted takeover...Feckin Hola my arse
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:29 - Nov 1 with 1192 viewsMurph75

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:27 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Are you a member?

Is that a serious question?
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:30 - Nov 1 with 1190 viewsblueytheblue

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:24 - Nov 1 by Murph75

Never going to happen. Talks a good game.

It's not that the demand is necessarily the worst idea, just I don't think it would work the way he thinks.

Most fans simply couldn't give a s*** what happens behind the scenes. You've fans who see the team struggled, want Prem football. Trust schmust.

Trust come out demanding showdown talks - what do the Septics do?

A) Come out and agree, looking weak in the process admitting they've done wrong. NOT going to happen.

B) Go on a PR campaign, championing their "investment" ( and don't overestimate the numbers who care not that is incorrect ). State they are in early days, results have disappointing, all need to pull together yadda yadda. Tough games to start the season... will work hard in transfer window... Boob is a great man manager, needs time to get his excellent ideas over...

The problem, as in anything, with going on a "full guns blazing" war strategy usually doesn't work because it's almost always pretty predictable and thus easy to deflect. Softly softly catchee monkey as the phrase goes.

Can't see events concluding short term. it's a long term battle - and that's what the Trust is all about is it not, the long term of the club?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:32 - Nov 1 with 1182 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:29 - Nov 1 by Murph75

Is that a serious question?

It certainly is. Bluey seems to have a lot invested in these kind of Threads, so it would follow that he would have a membership by his own measure.

I think it's great if he does. He should really.

What is your issue with the question?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:34 - Nov 1 with 1173 viewsMurph75

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:32 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

It certainly is. Bluey seems to have a lot invested in these kind of Threads, so it would follow that he would have a membership by his own measure.

I think it's great if he does. He should really.

What is your issue with the question?

Why would a Cardiff city supporter want to join our trust?

Joining in with debate on a forum is a totally different kettle of fish.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:35 - Nov 1 with 1166 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:34 - Nov 1 by Murph75

Why would a Cardiff city supporter want to join our trust?

Joining in with debate on a forum is a totally different kettle of fish.

I'll let him answer the question for himself.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:36 - Nov 1 with 1156 viewsMurph75

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:35 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

I probably know the answer.
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:37 - Nov 1 with 1150 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:36 - Nov 1 by Murph75

I probably know the answer.

Bully for you

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:39 - Nov 1 with 1144 viewsMurph75

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:37 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Bully for you

Thanks
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:41 - Nov 1 with 1137 viewsblueytheblue

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:35 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

No, I'd not want to join your Trust. it would just feel odd being part of a Trust when I'd want you to get smashed next time we play.

As identified by someone else, debate on a forum is vastly different. It's easier for me to comment on forums because I'm more emotionally detached than you guys. As for why I post here in a more general sense, it's because you've got some decent posters, some good people despite those extra fingers and far below average personal hygiene.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:44 - Nov 1 with 1125 viewsMurph75

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:41 - Nov 1 by blueytheblue

No, I'd not want to join your Trust. it would just feel odd being part of a Trust when I'd want you to get smashed next time we play.

As identified by someone else, debate on a forum is vastly different. It's easier for me to comment on forums because I'm more emotionally detached than you guys. As for why I post here in a more general sense, it's because you've got some decent posters, some good people despite those extra fingers and far below average personal hygiene.

F**k off back to your caravan
I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:46 - Nov 1 with 1118 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:41 - Nov 1 by blueytheblue

So the cognitive dissonance you fear totally disappears when dispensing advice on what the Trust, or any other supporter who wishing nothing for the best for the club should do?

It's a stranger viewpoint than berating a Swansea City supporter for not joining, yet having an opinion.

You should join. It's only £10. You might like it.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:49 - Nov 1 with 1105 viewsSmellyplumz

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:46 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

So the cognitive dissonance you fear totally disappears when dispensing advice on what the Trust, or any other supporter who wishing nothing for the best for the club should do?

It's a stranger viewpoint than berating a Swansea City supporter for not joining, yet having an opinion.

Neil quit while your ahead Yeah.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:52 - Nov 1 with 1094 viewsNeiltheTaylor

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:49 - Nov 1 by Smellyplumz

Neil quit while your ahead Yeah.

Quit what?

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:53 - Nov 1 with 1088 viewsblueytheblue

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:46 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Au contraire.

I'm not adopting a stance of telling the Trust what they should do nor berating them when they don't appear to be doing it. Neither am I posting numerous threads that deliberate or not could destabilise the Trust at a point you need it the most.

Chris is passionate, often over the top. If he works on his delivery, thinks before posting a bit more he'd almost certainly be an asset for your Trust. Your Trust is you best asset right now if a "fight" with the Septics is what's going to happen - except it won't be a "fight", a one off event, it would be a "war" over the long term.

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:56 - Nov 1 with 1077 viewsSmellyplumz

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:52 - Nov 1 by NeiltheTaylor

Quit what?

You are honestly asking a Cardiff fan of he's a member of our trust! Please don't ruin a decent thread, there's not many about at the moment.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:57 - Nov 1 with 1072 viewsblueytheblue

I demand the Trust asks for showdown talks with the Club... on 17:56 - Nov 1 by Smellyplumz

You are honestly asking a Cardiff fan of he's a member of our trust! Please don't ruin a decent thread, there's not many about at the moment.

He's entitled to ask the question. I've no problem with it, nor should you guys.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024