Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baston - where is he? 17:06 - Dec 12 with 4620 viewsAussieSwan

Apologies if posted elsewhere but what is going on with our 15million man?

There have been rumours he's injured, rumours he's been dropped, rumours he's unsettled and is looking for a move back to his homeland (a la Paloschi), and rumours he just wants out to anywhere that's willing to take him

Does anyone have a clearer idea? I do find it staggering that he hasn't been given a proper run to try and conjure up some form given how much we forked out on him. At the moment he's being judged as a bust, but strikers in general seem to take longer to find their feet at new clubs

I'm not suggesting we drop Llorente but just wanted to know why Baston has been MIA of late

Poll: If we're going to sign another defender...

Baston - where is he? on 10:12 - Dec 14 with 878 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Baston - where is he? on 09:33 - Dec 14 by Legend83

If you watch the Match Day Cam video (very good incidentally) on the official site, you can see him and Ki with the squad and he looks pretty chipper so hopefully it's just a fitness thing and not an unhappiness thing.

There may be rumours but I'm sorry, you don't score 18 goals for the smallest team in La Liga by being shite. He might not be right for our system, but his stats and youth honours with Spain prove he is a talent.

very strange stuff indeed.

Our record signing & weve only heared a peep out of him through the club the day he signed up?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Baston - where is he? on 10:25 - Dec 14 with 855 viewsNookiejack

He maybe more suited to La Liga (maybe like Soldado) where teams play intricately up and around the box because of the technical quality of their players - so they just need a finisher in the box.

In PL teams appear to need strikers who are fast and dynamic in defefending from the front with the high press or a hold up player which gets you up the pitch - so you don't get boxed in like we did at Spurs. Baston therefore might just not suit the PL - however is probably a very good finisher.
Baston - where is he? on 11:34 - Dec 14 with 802 viewsandypitt56

Baston - where is he? on 19:22 - Dec 13 by airedale

He must be on a big wage too. If he's not going to figure for us perhaps we have done a deal with him on his wages?

Ive heard his wage isnt that big compared to some of the first team players
Baston - where is he? on 12:16 - Dec 14 with 755 viewsdcd14

Baston - where is he? on 20:17 - Dec 13 by perchrockjack

Herder fords quite simple post puts ours case to pillory Jenkins to the fore.

15 m is a fair wedge and deluded have be spent on a fit, ready to rock player to move us forward.

I cannot think of any club who have effectively thrown money away as we have.

It's not the fault of any take over, nor any yanks.

Sheer incompetence

I can think of lots.

One example didn't Liverpool pay £35m for Carroll once?
Baston - where is he? on 15:11 - Dec 14 with 616 viewsjasper_T

Baston - where is he? on 12:16 - Dec 14 by dcd14

I can think of lots.

One example didn't Liverpool pay £35m for Carroll once?

£35,012,000
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024