Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Options 18:34 - Dec 2 with 905 viewsYossarian

1. Mass demonstration organised by the Trust prior to kick off- unlikely as the Trust appear to be paralysed with indecision. Now is the time for some leadership from them and they are silent. If they remain upstairs taking fares, and avoid the issues, they’re definitely finished.
2. Fans voice their anger with the Board throughout the game- unlikely and damaging to the team
3. Mass walk down to the bar area at say, 66 mins- not advisable due to safety
4. Crowd to remain silent throughout the game- unachievable
5. Everyone to do the ‘Poznan’ and repeat ‘We want Jenkins Out’ for one minute only. ?????

Some protest needs to happen, but something safe and half-dignified. There is no pride left in this club, but we have to have it in the Stands- and I can’t bear to go down like a Lamb.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Options on 18:37 - Dec 2 with 899 viewsE20Jack

Serious questions

What are you demonstrating against? and what do you hope to achieve as a result?

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Options on 19:14 - Dec 2 with 838 viewsYossarian

Options on 18:37 - Dec 2 by E20Jack

Serious questions

What are you demonstrating against? and what do you hope to achieve as a result?

Fair enough- I demonstration of anger at the systemic failings of management that have resulted in the assembling of the worst squad in the PL for far too much money and with few capable of any resale value. A bloated Academy setup that hasn’t provided anyone of note for the level of investment and the American owners and sellouts who only care about their bank balances and short term gain- as neither are in it for the long term. They have proved that by their actions in my humble opinion.
By the way, I’m not advocating any specific protest, just suggesting that some protest about the impending ruination of the club might be appropriate? You might disagree, and I’m not convinced that it’s wise or right. Just throwing some imperfect ideas out there to be shot down. It’s everyones prerogative to agree or disagree.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Options on 19:26 - Dec 2 with 810 viewsjasfan

Options on 19:14 - Dec 2 by Yossarian

Fair enough- I demonstration of anger at the systemic failings of management that have resulted in the assembling of the worst squad in the PL for far too much money and with few capable of any resale value. A bloated Academy setup that hasn’t provided anyone of note for the level of investment and the American owners and sellouts who only care about their bank balances and short term gain- as neither are in it for the long term. They have proved that by their actions in my humble opinion.
By the way, I’m not advocating any specific protest, just suggesting that some protest about the impending ruination of the club might be appropriate? You might disagree, and I’m not convinced that it’s wise or right. Just throwing some imperfect ideas out there to be shot down. It’s everyones prerogative to agree or disagree.

I share your frustration mate, as do others looking at some of the posts tonight. I guess it comes down the level of influence we have as fans and also the Supporters Trust. Then what we hope to achieve through that, if we have any. Just looking at this and another fans website there appears to be a consensus forming (from those fans that express themselves on the internet anyway) for the following:

1) the current manager to be replaced
2) the Supporters Trust to initiate legal action over the share sale
3) those responsible for player recruitment to be replaced

It's not unknown for fans of football clubs to influence 1). The other two I'm not so sure.
Options on 20:53 - Dec 2 with 723 viewswestside

Protest after every game outside the west stand entrance
Options on 21:06 - Dec 2 with 701 viewsSwanjaxs

Options on 20:53 - Dec 2 by westside

Protest after every game outside the west stand entrance

Dont bother mate, protests have been organised for the last two home games, they were well publicised on social media and on this forum but hardly anybody bothered to turn up, the fact is Swansea City's fan base has gone soft, the majority of the fans haven't got the stomach for the fight, just accept it, we are going to get bum raped by the yanks and Jenkins and ultimately end up back in the lower leagues.....

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024