Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Captain Bony.. 17:10 - Dec 9 with 3109 viewsicecoldjack

..for the rest of the season IMO . Has been the leader of men we've been missing, was immense again today , get a couple of signings of quality around him and we could have a great chance of getting out of trouble .

Wilf and the rest of the team played for the shirt and the manager today, it should have been a 2-0 win but for Tammy being selfish, top players don't fook about like that when they have a player alongside on an open goal, dissapointing for me, the right options will be critical this seaosn not personal glory .

Tammy however played his part when coming on so hope he learns from it .
Bony looks well into this battle, he is fighting for the fans and the club so well done him, he leads others will follow.

Chuffed to bits with 3 pts !!
Captain Bony.. on 17:13 - Dec 9 with 3093 viewsTheKirkyLife

Since coming back from injury he has been an absolute powerhouse. His goals come in big lumps so fingers crossed he can do it again against City. That goal today would have ripped through a human body.

Inspired call to make him Captain and I really hope Clement isn't stupid enough to give it back to Fernandez when the momentum could pick up here.
Captain Bony.. on 17:15 - Dec 9 with 3070 viewsbazzool

I agree totally, when i see 2 players v 1 keeper you should automatically pass when the time is right to obviously score, 2-0 up job done. But he was selfish and wanted a media goal ! I hope he gets told off for that, i thought everyone played well today
Captain Bony.. on 17:22 - Dec 9 with 3041 viewsicecoldjack

Captain Bony.. on 17:13 - Dec 9 by TheKirkyLife

Since coming back from injury he has been an absolute powerhouse. His goals come in big lumps so fingers crossed he can do it again against City. That goal today would have ripped through a human body.

Inspired call to make him Captain and I really hope Clement isn't stupid enough to give it back to Fernandez when the momentum could pick up here.

I agree.

At a time when us fans are at our lowest and the players lacking serious confidence he's got fit and grabbed the whole team by the balls IMO . We lost the last game but you could see he was up for the battle 100% .

He is a big enough personality to handle pressure and take it off others, what i've seen in the last 2 games is inspirational, almost like he isn't willing to be consigned to being an also ran, he lifted the crowd today and has injected belief into the team, we all know he earns a stack load of cash but TBH he's one of those that at least puts in the effort to justify it .

I'm so happy for Wilf, was happy to see him re sign here and thought he could recapture his form, but giving him the arm band seems to make him not only Daddy cool again but the Daddy !!

Chuffed for Wilf, that will give him a huge lift for the next games .
Captain Bony.. on 17:27 - Dec 9 with 2997 viewsBloodyhills

Captain Bony.. on 17:15 - Dec 9 by bazzool

I agree totally, when i see 2 players v 1 keeper you should automatically pass when the time is right to obviously score, 2-0 up job done. But he was selfish and wanted a media goal ! I hope he gets told off for that, i thought everyone played well today

He needs a good bollocking and he will learn from it.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Captain Bony.. on 17:27 - Dec 9 with 2994 viewsicecoldjack

Yep, small details make a big difference when your in our situation, if he assists for a 2 nd goal he gets more credit IMO, his confidence also grows or at least stays in tact, now he has that on his mind for the next game and it sends a message that he's in it for himself more than the team, hopefully gets pulled for that, He showed a lack of maturity IMO.

By all means be clever if we are winning by 2 goals but when the survival of the club hangs on a single goal be professional !!

Tammy played a big part when coming on, shame he blotted his copybook there, hope he learns from it.
Captain Bony.. on 17:44 - Dec 9 with 2897 viewsDr_Winston

Becoming increasingly apparent that the rumours of his demise were premature.

Still got the same power, touch and awareness on the ball he always had. We just need to play a style of football worthy of him and make sure that he plays as often as is sensible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Captain Bony.. on 17:49 - Dec 9 with 2868 viewsicecoldjack

Captain Bony.. on 17:44 - Dec 9 by Dr_Winston

Becoming increasingly apparent that the rumours of his demise were premature.

Still got the same power, touch and awareness on the ball he always had. We just need to play a style of football worthy of him and make sure that he plays as often as is sensible.

I never bought into the idea he was finished purely because we all saw from his first stint here that he needs to play regular football to into his groove, that just wasn;t happening at his other clubs so for me it was a case of getting him back barely used and itching to prove a point!

Seemed as low risk a signing as getting Joe Allen back for me . Glad Wilf is making people sit up and take note.
Captain Bony.. on 17:58 - Dec 9 with 2805 viewsjackrabbit

Well done Swans - you deserved it. This is obviously a team lacking confidence but every player put in a shift today - no lack of effort. The hero and my MoM was Wilf. He never stopped running and I'm glad nobody got in the way of his shot for the goal - they would have been killed! Tammy needs to watch Man City and see what top players do in the situation in which he found himself - they look left or right, and then slide the ball to their teammate for a tap in. That was criminal.

Finally, I was glad for Clement. He has visibly suffered over the past few months and he's borne his suffering with dignity and grace. Today was his early Christmas present. Well done the boys!
Login to get fewer ads

Captain Bony.. on 18:01 - Dec 9 with 2786 viewsCooperman

My MOM today buy a country mile.

We’ve got to build our attacking threat around him for the reminader of this season; he will bring people into play. I’d have him over Llorente any day of the week.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Captain Bony.. on 09:54 - Dec 10 with 2538 viewsTheFranchise

Captain Bony.. on 18:01 - Dec 9 by Cooperman

My MOM today buy a country mile.

We’ve got to build our attacking threat around him for the reminader of this season; he will bring people into play. I’d have him over Llorente any day of the week.

We do need a winger or two to go beyond him when he has the ball. For that though we need wingers.
Captain Bony.. on 10:16 - Dec 10 with 2494 viewsItchySphincter

BoIIocks. Strikers are paid to score goals and any striker worth his salt would have fancied that. Dissapointing not to score but more dissapointing not to try.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Captain Bony.. on 10:24 - Dec 10 with 2473 viewsTheFranchise

Captain Bony.. on 10:16 - Dec 10 by ItchySphincter

BoIIocks. Strikers are paid to score goals and any striker worth his salt would have fancied that. Dissapointing not to score but more dissapointing not to try.

Have a go or pass to Narsingh?
Captain Bony.. on 10:27 - Dec 10 with 2466 viewsicecoldjack

He's a professional footballer and his job is to make sure we secure points first, going for personal glory and trying to secure personal headlines is something that you just don't do when a team is fighting for it's survival, if WBA had equalized after that miss the fans would have gone mental and rightly so.

2 on 1 with the keeper in a tight must win game to take your team off the bottom, every time you secure the win and get the job done, his team mates needed to work extra hard at the end and he put the whole team under undue pressure by being selfish . If we were winning by more than one thats a different story but he wasn't professional there at all.

He's lucky we won
Captain Bony.. on 10:39 - Dec 10 with 2444 viewsmonmouth

I agree with this 100%. He should have gone around the keeper,but if he hadn't backed himself he'll never be a front line top level striker. 3 inches to the right and everyone would have been going on about what a fantastic finish it was, what a golden boy he is, and how he's destined for the very top.

Oh, and what about the touch, angles and pace to get himself in that position. If he gets bollockings for missing, he'll stop trying.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2017 10:41]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Captain Bony.. on 10:48 - Dec 10 with 2425 viewsicecoldjack

Captain Bony.. on 10:39 - Dec 10 by monmouth

I agree with this 100%. He should have gone around the keeper,but if he hadn't backed himself he'll never be a front line top level striker. 3 inches to the right and everyone would have been going on about what a fantastic finish it was, what a golden boy he is, and how he's destined for the very top.

Oh, and what about the touch, angles and pace to get himself in that position. If he gets bollockings for missing, he'll stop trying.

Disagree completely.

The situation the Swans find themselves in it was critical we won not who scored, every player was busting a gut to win and he made everyones job harder for personal glory. If we were mid table with no pressure of relegation then fair enough, but we arn't, players like Bony were out there playing for their and the clubs future .

His job is to win games for SCFC not to be the Tammy Abraham road show,especially in a game that could have got the manager sacked or killed our chance of survival, to become a top level player you need to take the right options not the wrong ones, it's as much about that as anything else .

3 inches indeed, the top 3 inches !!
Captain Bony.. on 10:50 - Dec 10 with 2417 viewsmonmouth

Captain Bony.. on 10:48 - Dec 10 by icecoldjack

Disagree completely.

The situation the Swans find themselves in it was critical we won not who scored, every player was busting a gut to win and he made everyones job harder for personal glory. If we were mid table with no pressure of relegation then fair enough, but we arn't, players like Bony were out there playing for their and the clubs future .

His job is to win games for SCFC not to be the Tammy Abraham road show,especially in a game that could have got the manager sacked or killed our chance of survival, to become a top level player you need to take the right options not the wrong ones, it's as much about that as anything else .

3 inches indeed, the top 3 inches !!

Ah well not to worry.

You can't be right all the time.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Captain Bony.. on 11:11 - Dec 10 with 2385 viewsWarwickHunt

Captain Bony.. on 10:39 - Dec 10 by monmouth

No one else (since Michu) would have been in that position for a start. He's still learning and I'm sure he'll take a huge bollocking from Wilf to heart.

No one's mentioned his part in the goal either...
Captain Bony.. on 12:39 - Dec 10 with 2319 viewswestside

Should Tammy been on earlier ?

Came on at 75mins
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024