Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodbye Herefordjack, hello Pegojack! 09:03 - Feb 26 with 6775 viewsPegojack

Well, my friends, a little announcement for those interested.

After living in Hereford for the past 20 years and working for the council for the past nine years, I'm about to hand in my one month's notice, and retire early at the age of 62.

Last week I went to Spain to view properties and agreed a deal to buy one in a little place called Adsubia near the town of Pego, ten miles inland from Denia in the northern Costa Blanca. I am moving out there permanently, lock, stock and barrel in early April (I hope).

It's absolutely crazy, but I've sold a modest three bedroom semi in a village near Hereford and for less money have bought a fairly luxurious three bedroom villa with 9 x 4 metres swimming pool overlooking the orange groves in this stunning valley only fifteen - twenty minutes drive from great beaches and the beautiful port town of Denia.

What am I going to miss the most? Need you ask? I've been supporting the Swans through thick and thin for fifty three years, ever since my dad first took me to sit in the double decker stand at the Vetch in 1965. It's going to be a huge wrench not going to every home match. But me and my partner have renewed our season tickets for next season. Of course, it's illegal to let my brother who lives in Baglan use the tickets when I'm not in the UK, so I won't be doing that (). I hope to be getting back a few times a season to watch matches.

And you can bet your bottom dollar the Swans will make the FA Cup Final now that I'm going! I'll come back for that one, though, never fear.

So my friends, I leave you with the message enjoy life, you never know how long you've got, and don't argue too much with each other. We're all Jacks together. And I'll still be lurking around this Board in my new incarnation, Pegojack!
Goodbye Herefordjack, hello Pegojack! on 13:33 - Feb 28 with 456 viewsLord_Bony

Goodbye Herefordjack, hello Pegojack! on 08:43 - Feb 27 by Pegojack

Thanks to everyone for the good wishes, you won't be losing me from here, it'll be my main source of info on the Swans and I'll be lurking, as I said.

By the way, anyone know how you change your username? It isn't obvious on the personal details bit.

You can't change your username sorry.
You will have to delete your current name and re register the new one.

Good luck with the move.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024