Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO 16:28 - Feb 28 with 6783 viewsfelixstowe_jack

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLION FOR THE FINANCIAL YEAR ENDING JULY 31, 2017 IN ITS LATEST SET OF ACCOUNTS.
The profit offsets a loss of £14.6 million from the previous year (July 31, 2016) and maintains the club’s long-standing focus on sound financial management.

Turnover for the year was £127.8 million compared with £97.2 million for the previous year. This included an increase of £2 million in commercial revenue to £9.4 million, mainly via additional sponsorship gains.

Total operating costs, including player amortisation costs of £24.2 million, amounted to £150.8 million compared with £117.6 million for the previous year.

A total of £64.1 million was spent investing in the playing squad, with a further £4.5 million invested in the club’s training facilities at Fairwood. This investment was to some extent leveraged by the receivables on certain player disposals.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-confirm-latest-accounts-0

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 10:24 - Mar 1 with 1285 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Yes it did increased commercial revenue in the 6 months they were in control.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 10:28 - Mar 1 with 1282 viewsDewi1jack

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 09:59 - Mar 1 by awayjack

Those costs still look out of control. Relegation would ruin us financially even with ballon payments so trigger firesale of any players of value. The sale of Siggy and Llorente just after financial year-end will prop up the 2017/18 accounts.

I thought the new Yank COO and our trustworthy Chairman / DOF were going to drive up commercial revenue and slash our costs? Be interesting to see how much was paid to Directors, Consultants and bonuses when accounts published. No doubt we'll get more from info from the Swiss Ramble site than our Trust.

This.
Just as I thought " Oh goody. Another thread where those who understand finance and or business argue with those who don't" there is a common sense approach

The Trust- those elected to ensure the very future of our club- should be all over these costs and numbers of employed (even goalies Tum!!) to see if everything is "Kosher"

Relegation costs are my big worry.
In fact, looking at the figures it's bloody frightening. No way are maybe 5000-10000 seasie ticket holders plus the £16 mill parachute payment going to be near to covering those

Wish the Trust had a £21 million rainy day fund in case we do a Pompey.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 11:27 - Mar 1 with 1242 viewsTheResurrection

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 10:28 - Mar 1 by Dewi1jack

This.
Just as I thought " Oh goody. Another thread where those who understand finance and or business argue with those who don't" there is a common sense approach

The Trust- those elected to ensure the very future of our club- should be all over these costs and numbers of employed (even goalies Tum!!) to see if everything is "Kosher"

In fact, looking at the figures it's bloody frightening. No way are maybe 5000-10000 seasie ticket holders plus the £16 mill parachute payment going to be near to covering those

The Trust shouldn't need to see the end of year accounts, they should know exactly what's going on month to month.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 11:36 - Mar 1 with 1234 viewsShaky

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 10:28 - Mar 1 by Dewi1jack

This.

I would have thought the Trust already have the accounts, but are embargoed from commenting until the accounts are publicly available at Companies House.

Not that I have ever seen the Trust comment much on club financials previously, but I imagine Lisa will now have plenty to say

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 11:44 - Mar 1 with 1229 viewsDewi1jack

​​​​​​​SWANSEA CITY HAS REPORTED A PRE-TAX PROFIT OF £13.4 MILLIO on 11:27 - Mar 1 by TheResurrection

The Trust shouldn't need to see the end of year accounts, they should know exactly what's going on month to month.

Shall we really guess the answer to that?
Which is why a lot of us wanted lads like yourself in there Chris, so as the tail really could be wagging the dog.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024