Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When English League Football Ruled Europe. 23:03 - Mar 30 with 4346 viewslifelong

Anyone else watch this two part series on ITV4?

The late 70’s, early 80’s was a remarkable era for English league football.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2018 23:22]
When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 15:48 - Mar 31 with 1640 viewsLoyal

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:08 - Mar 31 by byron

Lol.....
Takeaway the last 7 years and you lot are nothing, best pray you stay up there init? 💋

Same for cardiff ....

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 16:42 - Mar 31 with 1627 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 12:00 - Mar 31 by STID2017

Okay so playing the likes of Burton in front of 21,000 fans is the pinnacle of your ambition is it ?
I remember the days when we used to dream of maybe playing teams like Man Utd and Spurs.
As you know the reason we had a poor turnout against Spurs was mainly because we have seen then 14 times home and away in recent years.
Perhaps when you guys get to play them in the future sometime you might actually fill your stadium again ?

Poor turnout for a place in an fa cup semi? You have so many yeah I see that....
We will prob have a sellout v wolves, live on tv too. I guess you live for days like today, Man Utd not even out if 2nd gear by the sounds of it. Glorious

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 16:52 - Mar 31 with 1616 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 16:42 - Mar 31 by byron

Poor turnout for a place in an fa cup semi? You have so many yeah I see that....
We will prob have a sellout v wolves, live on tv too. I guess you live for days like today, Man Utd not even out if 2nd gear by the sounds of it. Glorious

So you did so well when you were up in the PL last time.
I remember you beating Man City, did you beat any other big teams before you went straight back down ?
Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Man U.
No ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 18:23 - Mar 31 with 1596 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 16:52 - Mar 31 by STID2017

So you did so well when you were up in the PL last time.
I remember you beating Man City, did you beat any other big teams before you went straight back down ?
Arsenal, Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea, Man U.
No ?

There are more bigger clubs in the championship than the money league at present. You wouldn’t understand that. Just because sky gives you 100 million to blow on crap journeymen doesn’t make you a big club.

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 20:04 - Mar 31 with 1568 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 18:23 - Mar 31 by byron

There are more bigger clubs in the championship than the money league at present. You wouldn’t understand that. Just because sky gives you 100 million to blow on crap journeymen doesn’t make you a big club.

Seriously there are bigger clubs in the Championship than Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea ?
Okay then.
Not suggesting we are one of the big teams.

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:38 - Apr 1 with 1521 viewsbyron

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 20:04 - Mar 31 by STID2017

Seriously there are bigger clubs in the Championship than Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea ?
Okay then.
Not suggesting we are one of the big teams.

The top 6 are now out there, but, it wasn’t so long ago Man City were in league 1, a nothing club, same goes for Chelsea, just huge investment, a billion on each isn’t it?
Clubs like Leeds, villa, Sunderland, derby, forest, wolves, sheff weds Utd Norwich, Ipswich are bigger than you lot, bourmouth, hudds, Watford, Burnley, Leicester, bha, palace, West Brom even etc

The top 6 will no doubt do one at some point in the future, what then?

Benny

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:45 - Apr 1 with 1516 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:38 - Apr 1 by byron

The top 6 are now out there, but, it wasn’t so long ago Man City were in league 1, a nothing club, same goes for Chelsea, just huge investment, a billion on each isn’t it?
Clubs like Leeds, villa, Sunderland, derby, forest, wolves, sheff weds Utd Norwich, Ipswich are bigger than you lot, bourmouth, hudds, Watford, Burnley, Leicester, bha, palace, West Brom even etc

You said there are bigger clubs in the Championship than the PL.
That's utter nonsense.
I would never try to claim that Swans are a big club, which makes us staying up here 7 seasons more remarkable.
However many of the big clubs you mention haven't been in the top division for many years.
Sleeping giants - frozen in ice, some of them butty

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:19 - Apr 1 with 1496 viewsLoyal

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 09:38 - Apr 1 by byron

I look at the date, I look at your post and I get it, no, honestly I do.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Login to get fewer ads

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:21 - Apr 1 with 1494 viewsSTID2017

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 10:19 - Apr 1 by Loyal

Brilliant !

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 11:48 - Apr 1 with 1473 viewsSTID2017

I notice the "Cardiff One" hasn't re appeared since you pointed out the date !

When English League Football Ruled Europe. on 13:07 - Apr 1 with 1453 viewsbyron

The chosen one....you gets it bra?

Benny

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024