Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans, players and managers 01:18 - May 9 with 1431 viewsEU5Makaveli

First of all hats off to the fans, I’ve been very critical of our support at times this season. But we created a brilliant atmosphere- one which the players should of fed off

The players didn’t seem to handle the accasion well, the were reluctant to play a pass with any sort of risk which saw us passing along our back 5 for the majority of the first half. Most of the players put a shift in today, but we just don’t have the quality. We seem to have lost any structure and build up play and have resorted to hopefully long balls up to the Ayew brothers. In reality we have a team full of average players just hoping that Jordan Ayew will create something. Ask yourself how many of our players would get into the Southampton starting line up? Very few.

We’re down now imo, it’s inevitable that the likes of Alfie, Ki, the Ayews, and probably Fab will be on their way- but hopefully we can use some of the money to get in a few decent creative players- otherwise I believe we’ll struggle in the Championship.

Carlos gave us hope when he came, he has done a good job to of put us in a position which we really should’ve survived from. However his lack of tactical flexiablity in the last couple of weeks has cost us. He seems to start games negatively, then go gung-ho when we go a goal down.
We needed not to loose today- why he brought on Abraham for Olsson at 0-0 baffled me. There’s no doubt Olsson was having a poor game but it’s clear that Clucas lacks the pace and defensive awareness as a wingback. Especially when we know that Southampton were about to throw the kitchen sink at us. Very strange decision.

[Post edited 9 May 2018 1:30]
Fans, players and managers on 01:43 - May 9 with 1390 viewssainthelens

Carlos should have read the game, we never looked like winning it, so therefore next step is to stop them winning. Everyone would have been annoyed but the truth is with a draw, in the cold light of day would have been lot happier than we all are now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024