Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon 12:20 - May 11 with 3923 viewsSmellyplumz

Retiring at the end of this season. Next cheap manager lump on

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Leon on 16:00 - May 11 with 849 viewspencoedjack

Leon on 12:33 - May 11 by Yossarian

This is worrying...the BBC report says he’s going to look at his options and the club should have announced a new role within the club if he was staying....so I don’t think he is. I would have expected the club to have found a role for Angel as well, so the fact these two appear to be off to pastures new may indicate that there is a story brewing .

Ambassador roles will be a thing of the past soon.

As much as I love Trunds /Leon/Rangel we are not going to be spunking money away on jobs for the boys in the near future.

They have become very wealthy men through Swansea City & I would much rather see staff who need the money to pay mortgages keep their jobs ....

That said all 3 (& others) should always be welcomed with loving arms by the club.
Leon on 16:19 - May 11 with 799 viewsDJack

Leon on 15:52 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

I'm a huge fan of Leon. Always have been.

But genuinely, how on earth can we afford to pay him to be an ambassador at this point in time? Why do we need two full time ambassadors as a championship team? Maybe he's minted enough that we are paying him a pittance, but if that's not the case, surely it's better to keep on some of the poor sods who don't have the luxury of deciding what to do for the future rather than a player who's been on millions if cost savings need to be made?

Perhaps that's harsh. I don't know. But it doesn't feel right to me.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 16:00]

PR and damage limitation by the board.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Leon on 16:20 - May 11 with 798 viewsWingstandwood

But genuinely, how on earth can we afford to pay him to be an ambassador at this point in time? Why do we need two full time ambassadors as a championship team? Maybe he's minted enough that we are paying him a pittance, but if that's not the case, surely it's better to keep on some of the poor sods who don't have the luxury of deciding what to do for the future rather than a player who's been on millions if cost savings need to be made?

It's not harsh and I have the same take on it as you! IMO it'll be no surprise whatsoever if he now ends up being used as nothing but a PR-pawn in a cynical strategy to deflect anger away from Jenkins and Co.

A deliberate attempt to hoodwink more naive supporters to think that the club is still the same unchanged Swansea City of old just because Briton has got profound emotional and sentimental connection/association with supporters.

If you put a cherry on top of a bowl of steaming sh#t?......It'll still be a bowl of steaming shit!

Argus!

Leon on 17:26 - May 11 with 730 viewsFireboy2

Agreed Lisa

Needs must
Leon on 20:45 - May 11 with 640 viewsminimichu

Leon Britton for me is simply the most outstanding consistent player I’ve seen at our club. He was the oil in the engine, a superb technician and worth the entrance fee alone.
His retirement adds to the misery of a terrible week but I feel proud and privileged to have seen the master at work for so long.
My all time favourite Jack and for me, the best!
Leon Britton YJB
Leon on 22:46 - May 11 with 587 views34dfgdf54

Sorry if this is a ferdy, but just read an interesting tweet, could of been off a poster on here actually.

When Leon makes his last appearance, it will be the final time someone who played at the Vetch would pull on the shirt. Emotional.
Leon on 22:48 - May 11 with 584 viewsjacksfullaces

Leon about to cover Huws sorry arse one last time on Sunday then... will take the heat off the village idiot whilst rightly getting the fans adulation
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024