Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TOMMY ROBINSON 07:42 - May 26 with 68009 viewsgetcarter

Not a fan but his arrest yesterday challenges freedom of speech.

This post has been edited by an administrator
TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:56 - Jun 2 with 1462 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:52 - Jun 2 by peenemunde

Had the verdict been reached yes or no ?

The reporting restrictions Robinson violated applied until three linked trials were over.

Poll: Tory leader

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:04 - Jun 2 with 1447 viewspeenemunde

TOMMY ROBINSON on 18:56 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

The reporting restrictions Robinson violated applied until three linked trials were over.

But had the verdict already been reached ?
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:05 - Jun 2 with 1440 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:04 - Jun 2 by peenemunde

Not in all three trials to which the reporting restrictions applied, no.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:05 - Jun 2 with 1440 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 17:49 - Jun 2 by DJack

"As I said time & time again breaking the law is a excuse to justify his arrest. " Eh! If the law is broken arrest is a reasonable expectation. Grooming gangs have been jailed and there are on going cases. HIS ACTIONS JUSTIFIED HIS ARREST. I love the idea of freedom of speech, it's also been pointed out to me on this board that there is no such legal right in this country. That aside, with freedom of speech comes responsibility - Tommy showed none.

MARTIN LUTHER KING WAS ARRESTED DOES THAT MAKE HIS ARREST JUSTIFIED!? Robinson was reporting on a case and got arrested, what do you not get!?
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:05 - Jun 2 with 1440 viewsJoe_bradshaw

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:04 - Jun 2 by peenemunde

Not in all trials covered by the reporting restrictions, no.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:08 - Jun 2 with 1427 viewslondonlisa2001

TOMMY ROBINSON on 10:36 - Jun 2 by cwm02

You demonstrated your stupidity, insanity, arrogance, irresponsibility and danger in that paragraph yet it's me that demonstrates this!? Also I'm not alt-right nor is Tommy so those two lips you have shut them.

To be fair cwm, you may not be alt-right, but you know the words to all their songs.

Although I do like your assertion that ECB is responsible for tyranny, totalitarianism and the emergence of a police state.

To be frank, I had no idea that the DVLA were now in charge of all that.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:11 - Jun 2 with 1420 viewslondonlisa2001

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:05 - Jun 2 by cwm02

MARTIN LUTHER KING WAS ARRESTED DOES THAT MAKE HIS ARREST JUSTIFIED!? Robinson was reporting on a case and got arrested, what do you not get!?

Oh, I’m glad I checked into this thread again. This is fantastic stuff.

Tommy Robinson and Martin Luther King.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:16 - Jun 2 with 1404 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:11 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

Also Rosa Parks and “the jews”.

Login to get fewer ads

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:18 - Jun 2 with 1399 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:11 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

Didn't compare them, so what's your point?
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:19 - Jun 2 with 1397 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:08 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

To be fair cwm, you may not be alt-right, but you know the words to all their songs.

Although I do like your assertion that ECB is responsible for tyranny, totalitarianism and the emergence of a police state.

So you do think I'm alt-right?
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:20 - Jun 2 with 1394 viewsbluey_the_blue

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:08 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

I can tell you've never worked there Lisa...
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:21 - Jun 2 with 1386 viewsbluey_the_blue

Robinson was reporting on cases where ongoing trials were occuring and were thus under reporting restrictions.

Robinson had previously been warned about similar things.

Which part of that do you not get?
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:23 - Jun 2 with 1381 viewsBadlands

Yes, because he was breaking the law of the time. His action was a protest and he knew what would happen - he engineered it for political purposes.
Robinson did not get arrested for reporting on a case.
He got arrested because there was a reporting ban and he broke it and did so in a way that was a breach of the peace.
He was then found to be in contempt of court for defying the court on this case and had his suspended sentence enforced for a previous contempt of court.
The reporting of the case will come.
He had no right to do what he was doing under British law.
No matter how his follower might whine and moan and whimper or snarl he pleaded guilty to breaking the law and he has been dealt with appropriately.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:23 - Jun 2 with 1380 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:21 - Jun 2 by bluey_the_blue

Robinson was reporting on cases where ongoing trials were occuring and were thus under reporting restrictions.

He live-stream for an hour RIGHT IN FRONT of the police officers & not once did the police intervene (until his arrested), that's suspicious.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 19:23]
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:25 - Jun 2 with 1378 viewscontroversial_jack

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:21 - Jun 2 by bluey_the_blue

He wasn't reporting on any trial, he was live streaming himself and giving his opinions, etc.There's a big difference.He said nothing that isn't already available to the public
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:28 - Jun 2 with 1362 viewslondonlisa2001

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:19 - Jun 2 by cwm02

So you do think I'm alt-right?

Certainly not. You’re fighting for truth, justice and the American way. You’re basically Superman.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:28 - Jun 2 with 1359 viewslondonlisa2001

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:16 - Jun 2 by exiledclaseboy

Also Rosa Parks and “the jews”.

Oh this one is special.
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:29 - Jun 2 with 1357 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:23 - Jun 2 by Badlands

Yes, because he was breaking the law of the time. His action was a protest and he knew what would happen - he engineered it for political purposes.
Robinson did not get arrested for reporting on a case.
He got arrested because there was a reporting ban and he broke it and did so in a way that was a breach of the peace.
He was then found to be in contempt of court for defying the court on this case and had his suspended sentence enforced for a previous contempt of court.
The reporting of the case will come.
He had no right to do what he was doing under British law.
No matter how his follower might whine and moan and whimper or snarl he pleaded guilty to breaking the law and he has been dealt with appropriately.

He didn't plead guilty, his defender told him to so he can leave freely (or at least get less time off) and whether I like him or not is irrelevant, also the police officer couldn't bring himself to say what "breach of the peace" meant. So you can continue justifying his arrested but don't whine & moan when your freedom of speech is taking. I guarantee you, you would be quick to defend a leftist person reporting on a case about a white man grooming a young ethnic girl, would you?
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 19:32]
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:29 - Jun 2 with 1350 viewslondonlisa2001

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:20 - Jun 2 by bluey_the_blue

I can tell you've never worked there Lisa...

Has anyone?

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:30 - Jun 2 with 1346 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:28 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

Certainly not. You’re fighting for truth, justice and the American way. You’re basically Superman.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:31 - Jun 2 with 1343 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:28 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

Ahh..the sarcasm eh? fighting for truth, justice; don't worry I will
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:31 - Jun 2 with 1339 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:29 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

Has anyone?

Pack it in.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:31 - Jun 2 with 1338 viewslondonlisa2001

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:29 - Jun 2 by cwm02

He didn't plead guilty, his defender told him to so he can leave freely (or at least get less time off) and whether I like him or not is irrelevant, also the police officer couldn't bring himself to say what "breach of the peace" meant. So you can continue justifying his arrested but don't whine & moan when your freedom of speech is taking. I guarantee you, you would be quick to defend a leftist person reporting on a case about a white man grooming a young ethnic girl, would you?

Breach of the peach?

Oh no, you’ve edited now.

That was fantastic mun - you should have left it there as an example of fruit based crime.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 19:35]
TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:32 - Jun 2 with 1334 viewsexiledclaseboy

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:29 - Jun 2 by cwm02

He did plead guilty.

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:33 - Jun 2 with 1328 viewscwm02

TOMMY ROBINSON on 19:31 - Jun 2 by londonlisa2001

Breach of the peach?

Oh no, you’ve edited now.

That was fantastic mun - you should have left it there as an example of fruit based crime.
[Post edited 2 Jun 2018 19:35]

So you...have a go at my spelling!? Well done! Anything else irrelevant to the debate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024