Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ogmore by sea 20:59 - Jun 14 with 1756 viewscontroversial_jack

A word of caution to anyone who used this beach for walks etc.A few days ago a young mum and toddler were stuck almost to their waists in quicksand.Lifeguards eventually got them out, but one of them said, this is unusual as the area isn't known for quicksand.

It is now, and there were several other patches of loose wet sand near to where the river enters the sea, particularly at low tide. The tide on this beach comes in very quickly indeed and it was a race to get them out.

Many ppl walk their dogs etc, so if anyone does , please take care as it was terrifying to see.
Ogmore by sea on 21:07 - Jun 14 with 1731 viewslondonlisa2001

That’s a really weird coincidence.

Just yesterday, I was telling a mate that quicksand was one of those things I was terrified of as a kid, and yet never ever think of as an adult.

Glad they’re ok!
Ogmore by sea on 21:24 - Jun 14 with 1667 viewspencoedjack

Thanks for advice have walked dogs there for years although I tend to stay away from where the river joins the sea due to the strong currents
Ogmore by sea on 21:58 - Jun 14 with 1584 viewsjack_lord

My brother walks his dogs n Ogmore. Hope the dogs don't get caught in it.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Ogmore by sea on 09:01 - Jun 15 with 1356 viewscontroversial_jack

Ogmore by sea on 21:58 - Jun 14 by jack_lord

My brother walks his dogs n Ogmore. Hope the dogs don't get caught in it.

If the dogs go he will probably go after them. It's what happened on this incident, the child ran and the mother went after him, both then got stuck.Please warn him of the dangers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024