Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. 09:04 - Jul 1 with 7640 viewsswanseajack4eva

Good morning,

I need 6 people who are paid-up Trust members as of 16 June to support me standing for election to the Trust Board. Below is my draft 250 words. If you are willing to support my nomination, please send an email note to me at rupert.thomas@shell.com stating the following (this is the required text from the nomination form):

Quote: “I, [insert your name], of [insert your address], support the nomination of the candidate Rupert Thomas to stand in the forthcoming election to the Swansea City Trust Board for a period of one or two years if successful.”

Thanks in advance. Due to the prehistoric request for physical signatures it is not certain that email confirmation of nomination will be accepted, but let us see.

For the record, based on what I know, my view is that the Trust should take all legal remedies that are still available at this late stage. I may include that in my statement … although I suspect it will lessen the chances of being elected. I have been on Planet Swans for many years although do not post often. I think the only person on here I have met is Garyjack (I’m the bloke you gave the old programmes to — thanks again).

Thanks for your consideration. Below is the draft 250 words.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I am 52 years old and grew up in Swansea. I have supported the Swans all my life through the good years as well as the difficult times.

We are now entering a challenging and uncertain period for both the football club and the Trust, and there are a number of complex issues ahead. I would like to put my energy and experience into ensuring that the Trust plays a strong and positive role in representing Swansea supporters to secure the best possible future for the football club. I believe the Trust membership needs to be expanded significantly and transparency improved in order for the Trust to more effectively represent Swansea supporters and for the Trust to become a more credible representative of supporters.

In my professional life I work for Royal Dutch Shell plc in a Vice President role. I have worked for the company for almost 30 years in operational, commercial, finance, communications and strategy roles. I have mainly worked in the UK, the Netherlands, and the USA. I have negotiated multi-decade commercial agreements and am experienced in legal and governance matters. I have worked closely with members of the Board of Directors of Shell. I am myself currently chairman of the Board of Directors of IPIECA (an industry association).

I live near London and visit Swansea regularly to watch the Swans and visit family and friends. I co-own a season ticket with my brother. If elected I can readily attend monthly Swans Trust Board meetings.

Following the Swans has been an important part of my life and I would like to ensure our supporters have a club that we are proud of going forward.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 16:42 - Jul 1 with 1836 viewsexiledclaseboy

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 16:34 - Jul 1 by Shaky

If there is doubt about whether email nominations are acceptable, wouldn't it be an idea to copy the trust board secretary directly on these emails? I'm sure somebody can supply his email address.

Just a thought.

I’ve checked. They’re acceptable.

Poll: Tory leader

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 17:38 - Jul 5 with 1665 viewsswanseajack4eva

Thanks to all the people who nominated me over the weekend. I submitted a completed nomination form that reached Nigel Hamer by the deadline.

I hope there are a good number of nominations that result in meaningful vote and a strengthened Trust board.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 19:24 - Jul 6 with 1587 viewsVetchfielder

Good luck with this mate, your credentials are impressive and just the type of person we need on the Trust Board. Could I please ask you a couple of questions ?
How did you vote in last Summer's vote on legal action?
Pretending there was no mediation going on, if there was a vote tomorrow, how would you vote?
Cheers

Proud to have been one of the 231

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 22:07 - Jul 9 with 1479 viewsswanseajack4eva

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 19:24 - Jul 6 by Vetchfielder

Good luck with this mate, your credentials are impressive and just the type of person we need on the Trust Board. Could I please ask you a couple of questions ?
How did you vote in last Summer's vote on legal action?
Pretending there was no mediation going on, if there was a vote tomorrow, how would you vote?
Cheers

Hi, thanks for the encouraging comments. I voted for legal action in the members vote last summer. If there was another vote tomorrow, I would vote for legal action again. If elected to the Trust board, based on what I know, I would press for prompt legal action. Cheers.
Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 22:38 - Jul 9 with 1448 viewsDarran

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 22:07 - Jul 9 by swanseajack4eva

Hi, thanks for the encouraging comments. I voted for legal action in the members vote last summer. If there was another vote tomorrow, I would vote for legal action again. If elected to the Trust board, based on what I know, I would press for prompt legal action. Cheers.

You’ve got my vote Rupe.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 22:49 - Jul 9 with 1435 viewschad

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. on 22:07 - Jul 9 by swanseajack4eva

Trust Board — will you nominate me? Please respond today. (n/t) on 02:15 - Jul 14 with 1267 viewsUplandsJack

[Post edited 14 Jul 2018 2:39]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024