Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'Democracy' thread. 11:30 - Dec 12 with 10358 viewsItchySphincter

Brexit - No, you can't have a second vote because you don't like it anymore, it's undemocratic.

Tory Party - Yes, we can vote out the PM that we voted in twice because we don't like her anymore, that's democracy.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 03:12 - Dec 15 with 887 viewsBloodyhills

The 'Democracy' thread. on 16:22 - Dec 13 by sherpajacob

Ok,

Burke, Attlee and Thatcher.

I presume you've heard of at least one of them.

'I could not consent to the introduction into our national life of a device so alien to all our traditions as the referendum,” Clement Attlee

" referendums are a device of dictators and demagogues" Margaret Thatcher

Mrs May doing her very best to prove Mrs Thatcher correct on that last one.

Though Switzerland does have a direct democracy that allows it's citizens to vote on how the country is run. Like all systems of governance there are problems but I don't think it's a dictatorship.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 06:49 - Dec 15 with 863 viewsJango

The 'Democracy' thread. on 01:42 - Dec 15 by DJack

Ok...If leavers change their minds and remain wins that is still democracy in action - I'm assuming that leavers who change their minds do so because they feel that the information they now hold changes their mind or that they feel that vote leave broke the law and their are now distrusting the leave campaign (or both).

Secondly, you say that if the vote is done again you will vote against and will never vote again. Does that mean when you previously voted in Parliamentary elections and found out that the party you voted for reneged on it's manifesto or passed the buck and had a free Parliamentary vote then from that day you never voted in Parliamentary elections again? Because there is no difference other than your misguided ire.

Edit: Just to say that your ire is not misguided but wasted as politicians and politics in general has always been that way so don't blame events on "remainers" blame it on our inept and capricious politicians.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 1:46]

I 100% blame the politicians. The only input any of of us outside of parliament has really had is ticking a box. If there’s a second vote and remain won then I’d accept it as there’s not a lot I can do. I just feel that certain remainer MPs have never had any intentions of honouring the last vote and getting behind the government, to at least try and show the EU we were united in leaving and making a better outside of the EU. If they had and we were where are now I’m sure you’d see a lot more leave voters accepting the call for a new vote.

If brexit MPs were then to start campaigning again for a 3rd vote I think I’d cut myself off from the world entirely because I’m a bit bored of it all now. I’d rather talk football.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 09:23 - Dec 15 with 840 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'Democracy' thread. on 06:49 - Dec 15 by Jango

I 100% blame the politicians. The only input any of of us outside of parliament has really had is ticking a box. If there’s a second vote and remain won then I’d accept it as there’s not a lot I can do. I just feel that certain remainer MPs have never had any intentions of honouring the last vote and getting behind the government, to at least try and show the EU we were united in leaving and making a better outside of the EU. If they had and we were where are now I’m sure you’d see a lot more leave voters accepting the call for a new vote.

If brexit MPs were then to start campaigning again for a 3rd vote I think I’d cut myself off from the world entirely because I’m a bit bored of it all now. I’d rather talk football.

Using that reasoning, opposition parties should just “get behind” the government.

Christ on a fûcking bike. Another Brexiter complaining about democracy being err... democratic.

#peoplesvote 🤫
The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:05 - Dec 15 with 794 viewslondonlisa2001

The 'Democracy' thread. on 18:19 - Dec 13 by Jango

Swedish expert offers post-Brexit Irish border solution

There is a technical solution to keeping an open border in Ireland after Brexit, a customs expert has suggested.

Lars Karlsson, a former senior officer in Swedish customs, was giving evidence to the Commons Brexit committee.

The elements of a "smart border" would make it possible to have no physical infrastructure at the frontier, he said.

He described the current Sweden-Norway border as "60-75% a smart border with the potential to be improved further".

Not one you say? Quick search finds quite a few.

Sorry, but is this a joke?

The border issue is about movement of people and goods between two countries that will have divergent rules, regulations, tax rates, tariffs etc. Not a question of whether you can put up a few toll booths or replace them with cameras ffs.

I give up.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:16 - Dec 15 with 786 viewsJango

The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:05 - Dec 15 by londonlisa2001

The border issue is about movement of people and goods between two countries that will have divergent rules, regulations, tax rates, tariffs etc. Not a question of whether you can put up a few toll booths or replace them with cameras ffs.

I give up.

Sorry Lisa, but I thought you said not one expert had given any solution to the border issue. This was the just one of many experts giving his opinion. Of course, as usual, you know better than everyone at everything. Now enjoy the swans
The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:27 - Dec 15 with 778 viewslondonlisa2001

The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:16 - Dec 15 by Jango

Sorry Lisa, but I thought you said not one expert had given any solution to the border issue. This was the just one of many experts giving his opinion. Of course, as usual, you know better than everyone at everything. Now enjoy the swans

I don’t claim to know better than everyone. I just claim to understand the question.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:52 - Dec 15 with 745 viewsWarwickHunt

The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:05 - Dec 15 by londonlisa2001

I give up.

I did mention pork, Lis...

I think Clasey has given up too.
The 'Democracy' thread. on 16:00 - Dec 15 with 722 viewsJango

The 'Democracy' thread. on 14:27 - Dec 15 by londonlisa2001

I don’t claim to know better than everyone. I just claim to understand the question.

Lisa you said earlier...

‘And there have been absolutely no expert opinions on how to solve the Irish border question. Not one’

I’ve given you an example here.

There is a technical solution to keeping an open border in Ireland after Brexit, a customs expert has suggested.

Lars Karlsson, a former senior officer in Swedish customs, was giving evidence to the Commons Brexit committee.

This Dr Lars Karlsson, is president of consultancy firm KGH Border Services. He is also a former director of the World Customs Organisation and deputy general of Swedish Customs.

Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant, you were wrong.

Didn’t take long for one of your lap dogs, Warwick, to come along and climb inside your ass again either, as usual.
Login to get fewer ads

The 'Democracy' thread. on 16:35 - Dec 15 with 714 viewsrockinjk

If I was a quitter, I’d love a people’s vote.

It has two wonderful outcomes it means will likely vote to stay in which means they can quietly vote in privacy the right way this time and save face

The other outcome that will please them, is that they can get angry at betrayal and what if...

They are saved from the consequences of their hubris and ignorance
The 'Democracy' thread. on 16:59 - Dec 15 with 701 viewsJackSomething

The 'Democracy' thread. on 16:00 - Dec 15 by Jango

Lisa you said earlier...

‘And there have been absolutely no expert opinions on how to solve the Irish border question. Not one’

I’ve given you an example here.

This Dr Lars Karlsson, is president of consultancy firm KGH Border Services. He is also a former director of the World Customs Organisation and deputy general of Swedish Customs.

Whether you agree with him or not is irrelevant, you were wrong.

Didn’t take long for one of your lap dogs, Warwick, to come along and climb inside your ass again either, as usual.

Are you missing Peene and Pikey? It must be cold for you not being able to reside in one of their rectums.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The 'Democracy' thread. on 17:06 - Dec 15 with 696 viewsJango

The 'Democracy' thread. on 16:59 - Dec 15 by JackSomething

Are you missing Peene and Pikey? It must be cold for you not being able to reside in one of their rectums.

I don’t think I’ve ever quoted either of them or tried backing them up in conversation so pipe down petal. I see the queen bees little clique are out in force again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024