Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Electrician 10:17 - Jan 24 with 2605 viewsN_T_J

Any of you PS posters Electricians? I need power run to my garage, its 90 meters from the house, also new powered garage door.

Must be certified. If you fancy giving me a quote then inbox me. Thanks.
Electrician on 10:35 - Jan 24 with 2583 viewsSoberBaker

I'm not qualified to do your garage door, but I can help with providing the power to the garage.

Three of these supplied & fitted works out at £500+vat if you are interested? PM me

AMOW

Electrician on 10:49 - Jan 24 with 2565 viewsN_T_J

Electrician on 10:35 - Jan 24 by SoberBaker

I'm not qualified to do your garage door, but I can help with providing the power to the garage.

Three of these supplied & fitted works out at £500+vat if you are interested? PM me

Cool story bro
Electrician on 12:32 - Jan 24 with 2507 viewshowenjack

Use armoured cable it will cost a lot as you have a very.long garden ?? 90 m ? You will need to dig it in about 2-3 feet should be deep enough.armoured cable is expensive .You will need to take spur off an existing PowerPoint _13 amp (for example from your kitchen , you might need to drill through the wall for this )
Garage end you will have to have a fused spur and then your socket single or double. Any builders merchants will advise you its not a difficult job
Electrician on 12:42 - Jan 24 with 2497 viewsSTID2017

Electrician on 12:32 - Jan 24 by howenjack

Use armoured cable it will cost a lot as you have a very.long garden ?? 90 m ? You will need to dig it in about 2-3 feet should be deep enough.armoured cable is expensive .You will need to take spur off an existing PowerPoint _13 amp (for example from your kitchen , you might need to drill through the wall for this )
Garage end you will have to have a fused spur and then your socket single or double. Any builders merchants will advise you its not a difficult job

Depends if he wants lights, extra sockets as well as running the door then will be better putting a separate fuse box in and connecting to the main fuse box.
Not cheap. Electric door is about £800.
The rest is worth doing properly

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Electrician on 13:08 - Jan 24 with 2479 viewsN_T_J

I know all the above and cost is not really a problem.

I just thought I'd give local sparkys a chance to come to my house and give me a genuine quote before I go to the 'bigger firms'
Electrician on 13:12 - Jan 24 with 2472 viewsN_T_J

Electrician on 12:42 - Jan 24 by STID2017

Depends if he wants lights, extra sockets as well as running the door then will be better putting a separate fuse box in and connecting to the main fuse box.
Not cheap. Electric door is about £800.
The rest is worth doing properly

I have had a few quotes of double that mate, but they are sectional doors.

I just thought id give smaller company's a chance at pricing it up before I just go to the more known company's 👍
Electrician on 13:25 - Jan 24 with 2458 viewsSTID2017

Electrician on 13:12 - Jan 24 by N_T_J

I just thought id give smaller company's a chance at pricing it up before I just go to the more known company's 👍

I'll PM you a couple

Electrician on 13:35 - Jan 24 with 2445 viewsSTID2017

Just send message via What's App

Login to get fewer ads

Electrician on 13:36 - Jan 24 with 2445 viewslifelong

Electrician on 13:12 - Jan 24 by N_T_J

I know a very good electrician, he’s not cheap by very thorough, will pm his number.
Electrician on 16:07 - Jan 24 with 2357 viewsN_T_J

Electrician on 13:36 - Jan 24 by lifelong

I know a very good electrician, he’s not cheap by very thorough, will pm his number.

Thank you, quality is what im after. 👍
Electrician on 16:09 - Jan 24 with 2352 viewsN_T_J

Electrician on 13:35 - Jan 24 by STID2017

Just send message via What's App

Cheers G
Electrician on 20:40 - Jan 24 with 2223 viewsGowerjack

Armoured cable isn't that expensive if you know where to buy it.

90mtrs is a fair run,you'll need to consider the voltage drop when sizing the cable.

You don't have to bury it it can be secured to an outside wall, but if you do bury you'll need to cover with a warning tape.

Don't run it off a spur you will need to take from your consumer unit to a RCD protected unit in the garage.

I know several guys who will do this job for you .

PM me if you want.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024