Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wednesday at The Garage 11:50 - Jan 27 with 1935 viewsMuteswan

Just a reminder that this Wednesday, 30th January, three of the UK’s best musicians will be at Swansea Jazzland. Laurence Cottle (bass) ,Ian Thomas (drums) and Gareth Williams (piano/keyboard), will be playing their own inimitable style of jazz. These guys really are “the business “ when it comes to session musicians and have played with the best in the world.
Ians musical credits see him playing in diverse musical genres from Big Bands through to working with artists such as Eric Clapton, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Sting, Mick Jagger, George Michael, Tom Jones, Seal, Rufus Wainwright, Mike & The Mechanics, Michael Jackson and many others.
Laurence has played with many great jazz and also rock musicians including Black Sabath, Eric Clapton, Gary Moore and Van Morrison to name just a few. Gareth is a much sort after keyboard player in the jazz arena and has many big name jazz artists in his list of contributions for playing and arranging.
Should be a fabulous night. 😁
http://www.swanseajazzland.co.uk/ourtickets/prod_6575400-Wednesday-January-30th-
[Post edited 27 Jan 2019 11:53]
Wednesday at The Garage on 12:06 - Jan 27 with 1903 viewsWarwickHunt

He's spot on. Three genuinely world class musicians in an intimate setting for peanuts.

Don't be put off by the jazz tag either - these boys are funky. Don't miss it.

This clip features Nigel Hitchcock on sax, who, if my memory serves me well, once tried to strangle Marty Pellow on a plane. Legend.

Wednesday at The Garage on 17:31 - Jan 30 with 1565 viewsMuteswan

Wednesday at The Garage on 12:06 - Jan 27 by WarwickHunt

He's spot on. Three genuinely world class musicians in an intimate setting for peanuts.

Don't be put off by the jazz tag either - these boys are funky. Don't miss it.

This clip features Nigel Hitchcock on sax, who, if my memory serves me well, once tried to strangle Marty Pellow on a plane. Legend.

Just bumping this , get there early.
Wednesday at The Garage on 18:48 - Jan 30 with 1515 viewsBrynCartwright

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Wednesday at The Garage on 20:48 - Jan 30 with 1441 viewsItchySphincter

The Lol Cottle Black Sabbath link, although slightly tenuous, always makes me chuckle. You catch a brief glimpse of him in the Headless Cross video.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wednesday at The Garage on 23:51 - Jan 30 with 1349 viewsMuteswan

Wednesday at The Garage on 20:48 - Jan 30 by ItchySphincter

The Lol Cottle Black Sabbath link, although slightly tenuous, always makes me chuckle. You catch a brief glimpse of him in the Headless Cross video.

Maybe so, but he wrote and played all the bass parts for the album, I think that is quite a feather in anyone’s cap. He’s a fantastic bass player that any band would be lucky to have play for them.
Wednesday at The Garage on 18:30 - Feb 1 with 1207 viewsBrynCartwright

Any of you Jazz lovers happen to have enjoyed Sunday nights at The Old Duke on King St in Bristol? Used to enjoy going there in the early 90's when I lived around there. That and the Arnolfini were good places to hangout with the intelligencia.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Wednesday at The Garage on 10:54 - Feb 2 with 1154 viewsItchySphincter

Wednesday at The Garage on 23:51 - Jan 30 by Muteswan

Maybe so, but he wrote and played all the bass parts for the album, I think that is quite a feather in anyone’s cap. He’s a fantastic bass player that any band would be lucky to have play for them.

Of course, I don’t doubt any of it. Just intriguing really, such an odd fit.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wednesday at The Garage on 12:02 - Feb 2 with 1133 viewsMuteswan

Wednesday at The Garage on 10:54 - Feb 2 by ItchySphincter

Of course, I don’t doubt any of it. Just intriguing really, such an odd fit.

Not a one trick pony.
https://www.laurencecottle.co.uk/credits
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024