Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stereophonics at the Park 00:39 - Jul 14 with 13226 viewsLuther27

Brilliant night in great surroundings. Thought all the bands were good but the 'Phonics were brilliant.
Anyone else go?
Stereophonics at the Park on 22:41 - Jul 18 with 906 viewsItchySphincter

Stereophonics at the Park on 21:34 - Jul 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Cut Ribbons , a Llanelli band we’re doing great things last year. I wonder if they are still together?

Not active at the moment.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Stereophonics at the Park on 08:00 - Jul 19 with 820 viewstaffpunk

Stereophonics at the Park on 20:22 - Jul 18 by Professor

Never seen one there either (perhaps the Peruvian Hipsters played in the lesser hall/ bar underneath but is a long time ago). I saw U Thant and Y Cyrff at the Beach in about 88/89 but being at University then working in London and Oxford did not see too many. I saw ‘pop am good’ in the Star which was one of yours I think but a bit later.

I can only remember Man playing as was queuing for some film and remember the poster. Must have been around 10.

Pop Am Good were managed by Conal Dodds who went on to be a huge promoter, including doing Oasis at Knebworth. The Sidneys and Shutdown supported that night, March 1993. The next gig I did was the magnificent Dub War-now Skindred- who were awesome, but played to a poor crowd. I knew then that the Rhondda 'Alternative' scene was now sadly dead, and tbh has never really returned, Darren also knocking it on the head around the same time.
Both of us have dabbled again occasionally, including myself putting on the dreaded Covers/Tribute bands in Ystrad Rhondda Rugby Club for a few years. Made lots of money doing those, but didn't really enjoy it, so probably finished for good now, maybe?

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024