Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scapegoating the fullbacks 10:50 - Sep 23 with 1952 viewsNWSwans

How come on here we are blaming Bidwell and Roberts non-stop?

People think Naughton is the saviour (yes I've been impressed in parts this season) but i remember the last 2/3 years, he had a lot of fingers of blame pointed at him.

Bidwell was a free and I don't think hes started at all badly, Roberts in all fairness has let his levels drop slightly.

Just feel like because we are 2nd people need something to moan about. Weird really
Scapegoating the fullbacks on 10:52 - Sep 23 with 1947 viewsCooperman

We're not. Well not all of us anyway.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 10:54 - Sep 23 with 1941 viewsNWSwans

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 10:52 - Sep 23 by Cooperman

We're not. Well not all of us anyway.

I use 'we' loosely.
Scapegoating the fullbacks on 11:15 - Sep 23 with 1890 viewsJacket

We're not winning these games because we're not creating enough chances, who knew that the responsibility to create chances fell squarely on their shoulders??? Call me old fashioned, but I thought the mid-field had a role to play in that regard. This is no new phenomenon though is it, Naughton and Taylor were the most criticised players of the Premier League era. Roberts hasn't kicked on as well since the start of the year as he had in the previous 12 months but has come under far too much criticism as has Bidwell, with Naughton given a reprieve by many of his former detractors.
Scapegoating the fullbacks on 11:24 - Sep 23 with 1877 viewsNWSwans

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 11:15 - Sep 23 by Jacket

We're not winning these games because we're not creating enough chances, who knew that the responsibility to create chances fell squarely on their shoulders??? Call me old fashioned, but I thought the mid-field had a role to play in that regard. This is no new phenomenon though is it, Naughton and Taylor were the most criticised players of the Premier League era. Roberts hasn't kicked on as well since the start of the year as he had in the previous 12 months but has come under far too much criticism as has Bidwell, with Naughton given a reprieve by many of his former detractors.

Feel like there is an expectation that every manager finds a gem like Rangel, on the cheap who can both attack and defend
Scapegoating the fullbacks on 12:05 - Sep 23 with 1844 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Our defence is one of the best in the championship. I doubt we should be blaming any of the back four or the goalkeeper.

It is our midfield and forwards who have only scored 1 goal in the last three matches.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 20:57 - Sep 23 with 1647 viewskarnataka

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 10:54 - Sep 23 by NWSwans

I use 'we' loosely.

That phrase sounds like an incontinence problem.
Scapegoating the fullbacks on 00:34 - Sep 24 with 1576 viewsBadlands

Commenting on players who are falling short of heir colleagues' level or a level we expect isn't scapegoating anyone.
At the moment Roberts is a hot head who is not performing well and Naughton is a better fullback.
Bidwell makes a few runs to attack plays a few crosses but then leaves himself up field and his general play isn't good. He is fortunate to have John as competition as both struggle.
I would add Grimes to the fullbacks when it comes to underperforming or performing at. lesser standard than last year.
I don't know about anyone else but being second makes no difference whatsoever about my assessment of out players.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 09:53 - Sep 24 with 1480 viewsKilkennyjack

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 00:34 - Sep 24 by Badlands

Commenting on players who are falling short of heir colleagues' level or a level we expect isn't scapegoating anyone.
At the moment Roberts is a hot head who is not performing well and Naughton is a better fullback.
Bidwell makes a few runs to attack plays a few crosses but then leaves himself up field and his general play isn't good. He is fortunate to have John as competition as both struggle.
I would add Grimes to the fullbacks when it comes to underperforming or performing at. lesser standard than last year.
I don't know about anyone else but being second makes no difference whatsoever about my assessment of out players.

Well in fairness to Roberts, we are comparing a player who is still developing, with a seasoned premier league player. Kyle and Roberts are positive competition that is good for everyone.

Certainly after the 2 close Wales games then Kyle should get the nod.

Our whole defence is doing well.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 14:58 - Sep 24 with 1403 viewsTimTtam

I can understand looking for a scapegoat when the losses start piling up. But we're doing great. I don't care about the expected goals table or what the stats say. Our players have done the hard work and earned the wins.

Roberts had an attitude problem, but that will hopefully get better as time passes. He is still young. Grimes has been below his usual level, but he is juggling the captaincy as well. Bidwell was brought in on a free, not 20 million.

People on here keep saying that we're not allowed to look at the table as it isn't reflective of how we're going. So by that logic, we also shouldn't judge players' performances until the season progresses.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 15:52 - Sep 24 with 1387 viewsNWSwans

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 14:58 - Sep 24 by TimTtam

I can understand looking for a scapegoat when the losses start piling up. But we're doing great. I don't care about the expected goals table or what the stats say. Our players have done the hard work and earned the wins.

Roberts had an attitude problem, but that will hopefully get better as time passes. He is still young. Grimes has been below his usual level, but he is juggling the captaincy as well. Bidwell was brought in on a free, not 20 million.

People on here keep saying that we're not allowed to look at the table as it isn't reflective of how we're going. So by that logic, we also shouldn't judge players' performances until the season progresses.

I for one will not sit here and say that's it we are definitely top 6 material, But we have played all off the top 7 except WBA and ourselves and we sit 2nd.

Next 5 games sees us face opposition currently sitting in bottom 7 apart from Charlton who are on the slide. This is when I feel we can judge the team and our league position.

Targeting 2 players in the back 4 of a solid defence is bemusing
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 16:48]
Scapegoating the fullbacks on 16:37 - Sep 24 with 1367 viewsJacket

Scapegoating the fullbacks on 15:52 - Sep 24 by NWSwans

I for one will not sit here and say that's it we are definitely top 6 material, But we have played all off the top 7 except WBA and ourselves and we sit 2nd.

Next 5 games sees us face opposition currently sitting in bottom 7 apart from Charlton who are on the slide. This is when I feel we can judge the team and our league position.

Targeting 2 players in the back 4 of a solid defence is bemusing
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 16:48]

Bemusing but not unusual.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024