Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield 17:34 - Oct 5 with 3955 viewsMagic_Michu

We really need some investment if we want any serious chance of promotion

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 20:51 - Oct 5 with 652 viewsdobjack2

If we had the balance right in midfield we could potentially be way ahead. This league appears to be a much of a much ness where fans of other teams are probably saying something similar ( but about different positions in their side

Nothing outstanding at this stage
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 21:09 - Oct 5 with 632 viewskarnataka

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:49 - Oct 5 by Fireboy2

We play the same way home as away, it works away from home but we need to stretch teams at home as most come with a defensive compact style which negates our narrow formation,

Wingers Steve, fvcking wingers.

That's exactly how I see it too. Away from home, the opposition are going to come at you and you have to set up accordingly so that you're solid, compact and don't overcommit early on in case you're picked off. At home, you have to be on the front foot and try to force the pace of the game and try to get in behind what is likely to be a solid defence and that can best be achieved by using proper wingers because most teams won't have fullbacks like Kyle Walker for example. For all their skills, Celina and Ayew are not proper wingers and playing them like we did today doesn't work especially when we have more conventional wingers in the squad. Cooper has to solve that problem even if it means dropping a player or 2 who he would consider to be starters. I think he's found his away team and formation but he needs to sort his home one out pronto.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 21:27 - Oct 5 with 620 views34dfgdf54

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 21:09 - Oct 5 by karnataka

That's exactly how I see it too. Away from home, the opposition are going to come at you and you have to set up accordingly so that you're solid, compact and don't overcommit early on in case you're picked off. At home, you have to be on the front foot and try to force the pace of the game and try to get in behind what is likely to be a solid defence and that can best be achieved by using proper wingers because most teams won't have fullbacks like Kyle Walker for example. For all their skills, Celina and Ayew are not proper wingers and playing them like we did today doesn't work especially when we have more conventional wingers in the squad. Cooper has to solve that problem even if it means dropping a player or 2 who he would consider to be starters. I think he's found his away team and formation but he needs to sort his home one out pronto.

Borja for me is not the answer at home. I don’t care how many goals he’s scored at the Liberty or anywhere else, everything is too static.

Ayew up front, play with width and Celina at 10. Nothing really we can do about the glaring weakness in the middle as I see Grimes and Fulton as our only options at present.

...................Woodman..................

Naughton.....VDH......Rodon......Boswell

................Grimes....Fulton.............

Peterson ............Celina............ Routs

.......................Ayew.....................

Possibly swap Naughton for Roberts, but I think he’s been gash for a while. Players like Garrick, Dyer, all to come off the bench if needed.

Away from home is fine like we are, sides are finding it way too easy recently at the Liberty though.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 21:29]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024