Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
1 point off play offs at Xmas 00:00 - Dec 30 with 2366 viewsGlastonbury

We all would have accepted that gladly. And like most other teams outside the Premiership we need a striker and quality playmaker / old head type in. Middle of park
1 point off play offs at Xmas on 00:03 - Dec 30 with 2357 viewsTNT

One player to take control in the middle of the park is what everyone has been asking for in a long time.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 01:38 - Dec 30 with 2287 viewsChief

We would all have gladly accepted the performances we've had to watch?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 02:45 - Dec 30 with 2264 viewsTimTtam

I was encouraged by our 2nd half performance against Brentford. I thought, combined with the draw against Blackburn and wins against Middlesbrough & Luton, that we may be able to get out of our form slump and start playing good, fast, attacking football. But the manner in which we have crashed back to earth 3 days later, shows that no improvement is going to happen.

Grimes talked about how yesterday was going to be a massive game. Roberts said we needed to improve our home form (how many times have our players said that before past matches). Celina said Ayew was an inspiration to the team, yet the team put up this latest display. The players say what needs to be done to improve, yet do not follow through.

The fact we're 1 point off the playoffs is laughable. To put it into context, had we not won @ Leeds from a lucky strike, we would be 13th.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 07:33 - Dec 30 with 2201 viewsGlastonbury

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 02:45 - Dec 30 by TimTtam

I was encouraged by our 2nd half performance against Brentford. I thought, combined with the draw against Blackburn and wins against Middlesbrough & Luton, that we may be able to get out of our form slump and start playing good, fast, attacking football. But the manner in which we have crashed back to earth 3 days later, shows that no improvement is going to happen.

Grimes talked about how yesterday was going to be a massive game. Roberts said we needed to improve our home form (how many times have our players said that before past matches). Celina said Ayew was an inspiration to the team, yet the team put up this latest display. The players say what needs to be done to improve, yet do not follow through.

The fact we're 1 point off the playoffs is laughable. To put it into context, had we not won @ Leeds from a lucky strike, we would be 13th.

Had we not ?? Every league table has that mate. We are 1 point off the football is awful. The team is not good enough. But let's hope we can stay in or around playoffs just to keep our interest going. Imagine swans mid table we won't get 10,000 crowd
1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:07 - Dec 30 with 2142 viewshammy

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 02:45 - Dec 30 by TimTtam

I must admit that I'm as p@ssed off as most people with our current "form". But should we be that surprised; we have a rookie manager and a mostly rookie squad … we are also currently missing our best centre back pairing and the likes of Garrick (who seemed to be a real attacking threat) is out injured. Our midfield does need a shake up, but unlikely that we'll get any new players in.

I was at both the Brentford and Barnsley matches and we should have taken more from both games; admittedly we were outplayed by Brentford in the first half, but didn't deserve to lose by a couple of goals.

Whether Cooper can improve this squad is debatable but booing the team at the end of games is certainly not going to help.

As the OP indicates we are very close to a PO spot; a couple of wins in the next few games should keep us there or thereabouts and maybe we'll get key players back and find some form. But of course we'll still need to play like Barcelona for some of our fan base to be anywhere near satisfied

See you all at the Charlton game …

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:46 - Dec 30 with 2104 viewsTimTtam

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:07 - Dec 30 by hammy

I must admit that I'm as p@ssed off as most people with our current "form". But should we be that surprised; we have a rookie manager and a mostly rookie squad … we are also currently missing our best centre back pairing and the likes of Garrick (who seemed to be a real attacking threat) is out injured. Our midfield does need a shake up, but unlikely that we'll get any new players in.

I was at both the Brentford and Barnsley matches and we should have taken more from both games; admittedly we were outplayed by Brentford in the first half, but didn't deserve to lose by a couple of goals.

Whether Cooper can improve this squad is debatable but booing the team at the end of games is certainly not going to help.

As the OP indicates we are very close to a PO spot; a couple of wins in the next few games should keep us there or thereabouts and maybe we'll get key players back and find some form. But of course we'll still need to play like Barcelona for some of our fan base to be anywhere near satisfied

See you all at the Charlton game …

It's just so frustrating. Had we beaten a relegation spot team, at home, we would be 6th and in the playoff places. We had to be ready for a complete performance, but instead we served up crap. It's a huge shame, because like you say we possibly deserved a draw against Brentford, and we played really well in the 2nd half.

The good teams will occasionally lose home games to awful sides. Look at West Brom losing 0-2 to Middlesbrough. But the good sides then make up with it by snagging an upset win not long afterwards. I can't see us beating many, if any of the top 6 teams anymore.

Basically, our aim shouldn't be playoffs anymore. It looks unrealistic unless we somehow improve. We should focus on the FA Cup, even though I'm sure Cooper will rest main players.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:53 - Dec 30 with 2086 viewsMrSwerve

I’m all for results over style of play normally but Jesus wept these games are turgid, even when we win. Haven’t felt like we’ve controlled a game in a long while.

Imagine we did scrape promotion via the playoffs and we’re left with Grimes and Byers to anchor our midfield against European giants.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:57 - Dec 30 with 2077 views34dfgdf54

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:53 - Dec 30 by MrSwerve

I’m all for results over style of play normally but Jesus wept these games are turgid, even when we win. Haven’t felt like we’ve controlled a game in a long while.

Imagine we did scrape promotion via the playoffs and we’re left with Grimes and Byers to anchor our midfield against European giants.

Won’t happen.

Huge gulf in quality between us and a few sides that will be in play offs.
Login to get fewer ads

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 11:42 - Dec 30 with 2002 viewshammy

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:46 - Dec 30 by TimTtam

It's just so frustrating. Had we beaten a relegation spot team, at home, we would be 6th and in the playoff places. We had to be ready for a complete performance, but instead we served up crap. It's a huge shame, because like you say we possibly deserved a draw against Brentford, and we played really well in the 2nd half.

The good teams will occasionally lose home games to awful sides. Look at West Brom losing 0-2 to Middlesbrough. But the good sides then make up with it by snagging an upset win not long afterwards. I can't see us beating many, if any of the top 6 teams anymore.

Basically, our aim shouldn't be playoffs anymore. It looks unrealistic unless we somehow improve. We should focus on the FA Cup, even though I'm sure Cooper will rest main players.

Yes, I feel your pain.

Anything can happen in this league, so I'm not giving up on getting into the POs just yet. A run in the FA Cup would be nice too … let's see what 2020 brings

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 12:02 - Dec 30 with 1961 viewsAl_Bundy

Taken more from the Brentford game ?? Really...
1 point off play offs at Xmas on 12:09 - Dec 30 with 1947 viewsBadlands

I'm afraid our league position highlights how utterly dreadful the standard of play is in the Championship this season, how much September has disguised our position and that some fans consider league position to be more important than style, performance and entertainment.

18 from 22 since AUgusr

LDLLWLLDWD home results sine August

More importantly, no sign of improvement.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 12:52 - Dec 30 with 1923 viewsMrSwerve

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 09:57 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Won’t happen.

Huge gulf in quality between us and a few sides that will be in play offs.

I don’t know if it is a huge gulf mind.

All it takes is a scrappy couple of wins in a row and you’re in 3rd/4th all of a sudden.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 12:53 - Dec 30 with 1922 viewsmonmouth

I'm not in the least interested in either play offs or a few rounds of the FA cup playing shite route one kick and clap rubbish. If we end up mid table with some visible future foundations for a better more sustainable future direction I would be much happier. We should be pitching towards a mini Liverpool role model style not a mini Burnley.

That's what Cooper was meant to bring, not Monk/Dyche/Warnock/McLaren/Moyes/Fat Sam lite crap. Watching Naughton, who has some ability pumping it up the line yesterday was painful. And don't tell me these players cant do it, as we saw signs of better and progress last season.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 12:58 - Dec 30 with 1912 viewsBadlands

1 point off play offs at Xmas on 12:53 - Dec 30 by monmouth

I'm not in the least interested in either play offs or a few rounds of the FA cup playing shite route one kick and clap rubbish. If we end up mid table with some visible future foundations for a better more sustainable future direction I would be much happier. We should be pitching towards a mini Liverpool role model style not a mini Burnley.

That's what Cooper was meant to bring, not Monk/Dyche/Warnock/McLaren/Moyes/Fat Sam lite crap. Watching Naughton, who has some ability pumping it up the line yesterday was painful. And don't tell me these players cant do it, as we saw signs of better and progress last season.

Just worth reading again and again and again.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024