Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? 08:42 - Jan 6 with 5306 viewsAlfieMooresSon

We've had mixed views on this, but if we sell two players in the window for say £10Million, can the investors simply take £8Million to recoup some of their money, and just say here's £2Million to spend?

Or are their rules in place to protect clubs from this?

How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 17:24 - Jan 6 with 1017 viewsAlfieMooresSon

How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 16:53 - Jan 6 by Wingstandwood

Shite happens!

It's amazing how some clubs can strike it lucky like Blackburn Rovers for example i.e. Jack Walker bankrolling the club into the Premier League, bankrolling a Premier League title and bankrolling a stand-by-stand rebuild of Ewood Park.

On the other hand there is SCFC and other clubs.....Ladies and gentlemen may I unveil to you.....A bunch of greedy venture capitalists that have been wrongfully portrayed by some as philanthropic investors putting their own non-returnable money up front to build a club .

Jenkins and Co only bought shares to resell later, profiteered from internal patronage with awarding of contracts and six figure sum salary rewards...And then betrayed the supporters by handing over the club to another bunch of selfish b@stards... Personal gain being sole priority.

Love the devious and blatant subterfuge used via media/papers and programme notes from Jenkins and Co with ambiguous/misleading bullsh1t saying stuff like "We've invested in training facilities".

Nah, the money that paid for that was taken out of the club itself and not chairman/directors bank accounts. And even then it was engineered for personal gain... FFS it was Swansea City Supporters Trust donation(s) that paid for a storage-container-unit at Llandarcy, 'The Battle For Britton' Fund, Robbie James bust, Ivor Allchurch statue, ATFV donations for Pennock treatment bench etc. That says it all!

Great post
[Post edited 6 Jan 2020 17:25]
How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 19:01 - Jan 6 with 960 viewsA_Fans_Dad

How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 15:06 - Jan 6 by Dr_Winston

Yup. There are a multitude of reasons why they can't just take money out of the club.

The Glazers can pay themselves dividends because they are the sole owners of Man Utd. If Kaplan and co wanted to pay themselves dividends they'd have to pay the same to the Trust as shareholders.

Any "management fees" will be in the club's accounts. They'll have to be. I'm fairly confident that there won't be anything significant in there at all.

Is that the same Trust that was completely shut out of the original sale by any chance?
One day we may find out if that had any legal ramifications.
If the owners break the law, who is going to get them in to the UK to prosecute them?
How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 14:48 - Jan 7 with 866 viewsleighton1318

You need profits to pay dividends (simplistically). I don’t think we will be making profits any time soon.

Another way is to lend money at high rates of interest, which I think was the case at Man Utd at least for a while, but you need cash flow incoming to pay that interest. Also the Revenue may have tightened the rules on that (‘excessive’ borrowing) in the last few years.

Don’t think either of those methods are likely to give our shareholders meaningful cash out any time soon. At best we may be getting closer to cash flow break even (a large part of Birch’s brief, you would think).

Even with a net profit of say £10m on this window (the sale of Ayew and others) - would this do much more than pay the bills for a while longer? It feels to me like there is still more to do to balance the budget. Only guessing though.
How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 15:21 - Jan 7 with 847 viewsSwanDownUnder

Our Trust Director who is big buddies with Birch has access to the books anyway.
How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 20:36 - Jan 7 with 767 viewsSwanDownUnder

How easy is it for the investors to take money out of the club? on 15:21 - Jan 7 by SwanDownUnder

Our Trust Director who is big buddies with Birch has access to the books anyway.

History repeats, we're meant to be in court with them?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024