Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ten Changes To FA Cup Team 12:12 - Jan 6 with 1007 viewsswancity

An insult to the supporters especially those who travelled to QPR and the FACup

A mistake from the manager no doubt as the spine of the team wasn’t good enough. A disgraceful decision if must be said and underlined the fact that many of our players simply aren’t good enough and / our have the right attitude to succeed

Onto the League: Cooper is however doing an excellent job. The squad certainly doesn’t look good enough to challenge for promotion. New players desperately needed....

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 14:34 - Jan 6 with 914 viewsjack247

Unfortunately, it’s not really an insult to anyone anymore because everybody knows the score. I’d imagine most Championship sides made wholesale changes.
Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 15:00 - Jan 6 with 872 viewsFireboy2

I honestly dont believe that 7 days before the derby, a league game, with vital points at stake that people thought we would put a full strength side out.

Baffling.
Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 17:28 - Jan 6 with 785 viewsswancity

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 14:34 - Jan 6 by jack247

Unfortunately, it’s not really an insult to anyone anymore because everybody knows the score. I’d imagine most Championship sides made wholesale changes.

No other Championship team made as many changes

It depends what you mean by “wholesale” as it’s accepted that resting two theee or four key players would be reasonable but this is the FA Cup and the squad certainly can’t deal with that many (10). I could understand if had we been at home to a League One, Two or Conference Club possibly.

This isn’t Liverpool or Man City...

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 18:58 - Jan 6 with 722 viewsjack247

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 17:28 - Jan 6 by swancity

No other Championship team made as many changes

It depends what you mean by “wholesale” as it’s accepted that resting two theee or four key players would be reasonable but this is the FA Cup and the squad certainly can’t deal with that many (10). I could understand if had we been at home to a League One, Two or Conference Club possibly.

This isn’t Liverpool or Man City...

By wholesale, I mean half the team. Of those 10 changes, I think either 6 or 7 of them had started in the league for us this season. One was enforced because we have 2 injured and 1 cup tied centre backs. We brought 3 first team regulars off the bench (which I wouldn’t have done at 3-0 down after an hour). It’s not as if we brought 10 youth team players in

That was our seventh (and least important) game in under a month, 3 days after our sixth.
Everybody, including people who travelled, had a fair idea it was going to happen

QPR Sunday in FA cup by Chief 2 Jan 2020 23:32
Considering how absolutely spent everyone looked tonight and the fact we play the Scum the week later - rest everyone?
Team: Nordvelt, Rushesha, Cooper, Another U23 CB, John, Kalulu, McKay, De Boer, Evans, Peterson, Cullen.

Usually like the FA cup but potential double is too precious

I’m not happy about it either, but the FA cup isn’t what it was. Championship teams don’t take it seriously, no matter what they may pretend, until they draw a top team or find themselves deep in the competition.
Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 19:27 - Jan 6 with 689 viewsLuther27

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 15:00 - Jan 6 by Fireboy2

I honestly dont believe that 7 days before the derby, a league game, with vital points at stake that people thought we would put a full strength side out.

Baffling.

That's why I didn't waste my hard earned going to watch.
Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 19:48 - Jan 6 with 649 viewsswancity

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 18:58 - Jan 6 by jack247

By wholesale, I mean half the team. Of those 10 changes, I think either 6 or 7 of them had started in the league for us this season. One was enforced because we have 2 injured and 1 cup tied centre backs. We brought 3 first team regulars off the bench (which I wouldn’t have done at 3-0 down after an hour). It’s not as if we brought 10 youth team players in

That was our seventh (and least important) game in under a month, 3 days after our sixth.
Everybody, including people who travelled, had a fair idea it was going to happen

QPR Sunday in FA cup by Chief 2 Jan 2020 23:32
Considering how absolutely spent everyone looked tonight and the fact we play the Scum the week later - rest everyone?
Team: Nordvelt, Rushesha, Cooper, Another U23 CB, John, Kalulu, McKay, De Boer, Evans, Peterson, Cullen.

Usually like the FA cup but potential double is too precious

I’m not happy about it either, but the FA cup isn’t what it was. Championship teams don’t take it seriously, no matter what they may pretend, until they draw a top team or find themselves deep in the competition.

Disagree.

It was an opportunity to build momentum ahead of Cardiff and the Cup generates interest especially when you get to the 5th round and beyond which hasn’t happened too often in our Club history

Opinions. It’s the managers one that counts. I thought he got it wrong this time.

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 20:56 - Jan 6 with 599 viewsjack247

Ten Changes To FA Cup Team on 19:48 - Jan 6 by swancity

Disagree.

It was an opportunity to build momentum ahead of Cardiff and the Cup generates interest especially when you get to the 5th round and beyond which hasn’t happened too often in our Club history

Opinions. It’s the managers one that counts. I thought he got it wrong this time.

The third round of the FA cup comes at the worst possible time. If it came in the middle of a light fixture schedule, or ahead of an international break, managers may be more inclined to field strong teams.

As it was, our manager didn’t do anything the vast majority didn’t expect him to do, just like most of his peers.

You’re right, it does start to generate interest in the latter rounds.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024