Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The last decade was the hottest in history 20:54 - Jan 8 with 817 viewsGlyn1

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/2019-weather-hottest-year-history-eu-c

Last year was Earth’s second hottest year on record, with the decade as a whole the warmest in history, the European Union’s climate monitoring service has said.

Data released by the Copernicus Climate Change Service (C3S) found that the average temperature in 2019 was only a few hundredths of a degree below the record 2016 level.

In Europe specifically, 2019 was the hottest year on record, the EU‘s climate service said. Within the decade, Copernicus also found that the five last years were the hottest on record for the planet.

“These are unquestionably alarming signs,” Copernicus director Jean-Noel Thepaut said.

Global temperatures in 2019 were 0.6 Celsius hotter than the average in 1981-2010. Additionally the last five years were 1.1C-1.2C warmer than the pre-industrial era.

There's a lot more in the article.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2020 20:55]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

The last decade was the hottest in history on 21:04 - Jan 8 with 791 viewsjojaca

I personally didn't notice it living in South Wales.

Even when you know, you never know?

The last decade was the hottest in history on 21:04 - Jan 8 with 790 viewsCatullus

Hottest since records began maybe. Doesn't this belong in the other thread?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The last decade was the hottest in history on 21:06 - Jan 8 with 786 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fan’s dad will be along soon to prove you wrong. Good luck with that. There will be links. Most of them will be irrelevant. Those that aren’t will make your teeth itch.

Poll: Tory leader

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024