Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insult to injury? 10:28 - Mar 5 with 4757 viewsPrivate_Partz

Another 400 banking jobs going Cardiff's way.
Starling Bank moving in. It was founded by a woman from...... Swansea!
Hundreds of families moving to Cardiff to add to their already overheated traffic problems.
When will we ever effing learn...
[Post edited 5 Mar 2020 10:29]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Insult to injury? on 09:48 - Mar 6 with 1016 viewsCatullus

Insult to injury? on 16:33 - Mar 5 by bennytheblue

“ The bank said it was not receiving any financial support from the Welsh Government for the investment.”

🤷🏼‍♂️

Point completely missed again. The Senedd doesn't have to invest in the individual businesses. However, the amount that has been invested in Cardiff itself, in infrastructure, that is the big selling point.

It's an oldie but still relevant, at a certain point in time, for every pound the Senedd spent in Swansea they were spending £7 in Cardiff and there was a similar ratio for most of the rest of Wales too.
Cardiff isn't booming because it's aways been such a fantastic place, it is booming because of the Senedd's Cardiff centric spending. It's exactly the same as Westminster has presided over in England. It's divisive, corrosive and unfair.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Insult to injury? on 10:04 - Mar 6 with 1004 viewsVincent_Vega

Insult to injury? on 09:48 - Mar 6 by Catullus

Point completely missed again. The Senedd doesn't have to invest in the individual businesses. However, the amount that has been invested in Cardiff itself, in infrastructure, that is the big selling point.

It's an oldie but still relevant, at a certain point in time, for every pound the Senedd spent in Swansea they were spending £7 in Cardiff and there was a similar ratio for most of the rest of Wales too.
Cardiff isn't booming because it's aways been such a fantastic place, it is booming because of the Senedd's Cardiff centric spending. It's exactly the same as Westminster has presided over in England. It's divisive, corrosive and unfair.

Here Here.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Insult to injury? on 10:33 - Mar 6 with 1000 viewsbennytheblue

Insult to injury? on 09:48 - Mar 6 by Catullus

Could be right, but it had a base to begin with. The city centre is nice looking, so is the bay now. I guess it was worth the investment risk as it’s clearly working. Would it work elsewhere? I’m not so sure.
Insult to injury? on 10:57 - Mar 6 with 997 viewssplJack

Insult to injury? on 10:33 - Mar 6 by bennytheblue

Could be right, but it had a base to begin with. The city centre is nice looking, so is the bay now. I guess it was worth the investment risk as it’s clearly working. Would it work elsewhere? I’m not so sure.

They can develop Cardiff City centre and the bay as much as they like but it will never have the natural beauty of Swansea bay.
Insult to injury? on 13:27 - Mar 6 with 954 viewsbennytheblue

Insult to injury? on 10:57 - Mar 6 by splJack

They can develop Cardiff City centre and the bay as much as they like but it will never have the natural beauty of Swansea bay.

They don’t need to develop the centre, in fact they just need to leave it alone. it already has all the charm a Victorian built centre should have, arcades, nice streets, old buildings, a castle, park land etc....it wasn’t bombed the shit out of so it largely remained ok. Just the council tearing down some very beautiful buildings need shooting. The bay has a history of its own and many people think it looks stunning with penarth head to one side. Swansea bay is completely different but equally lovely.
Insult to injury? on 13:46 - Mar 6 with 951 viewsCatullus

Insult to injury? on 13:27 - Mar 6 by bennytheblue

They don’t need to develop the centre, in fact they just need to leave it alone. it already has all the charm a Victorian built centre should have, arcades, nice streets, old buildings, a castle, park land etc....it wasn’t bombed the shit out of so it largely remained ok. Just the council tearing down some very beautiful buildings need shooting. The bay has a history of its own and many people think it looks stunning with penarth head to one side. Swansea bay is completely different but equally lovely.

You're right, Cardiff wasn't bombed to death in WW2, Swansea was. Back then Swansea was a far better place (pre Nazi atrocities) and the town centre wasn't rebuilt with a proper plan. We had this,

https://ididitthisway.wordpress.com/ben-evans-store-swansea-departmental/

which is the real problem, we should be looking to get back to that standard, a modern version of anyway. However, because the Senedd has prioritised Cardiff, nowhere else in Wales has had the support it needs to improve like that. It's all been left to stagnate.

Back then benny, Swansea was a bigger place than Cardiff. Cardiff was little more than a village when Swansea was Copperopolis.
If we actually truly want an independent Wales then the whole of the country needs that investment, we need to show Westminster how it's done. But we don't/can't or won't.
The Senedd wants Cardiff to be a capital Wales can be proud of and doesn't seem to care if the rest of Wales is in poverty because of that, they just keep using the "blame Westminster" card for the things they themselves are screwing up.

Obviously I personally am not yet in favour of an indy Wales but maybe one day.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Insult to injury? on 16:34 - Mar 6 with 925 viewsKilkennyjack

Insult to injury? on 13:46 - Mar 6 by Catullus

You're right, Cardiff wasn't bombed to death in WW2, Swansea was. Back then Swansea was a far better place (pre Nazi atrocities) and the town centre wasn't rebuilt with a proper plan. We had this,

https://ididitthisway.wordpress.com/ben-evans-store-swansea-departmental/

which is the real problem, we should be looking to get back to that standard, a modern version of anyway. However, because the Senedd has prioritised Cardiff, nowhere else in Wales has had the support it needs to improve like that. It's all been left to stagnate.

Back then benny, Swansea was a bigger place than Cardiff. Cardiff was little more than a village when Swansea was Copperopolis.
If we actually truly want an independent Wales then the whole of the country needs that investment, we need to show Westminster how it's done. But we don't/can't or won't.
The Senedd wants Cardiff to be a capital Wales can be proud of and doesn't seem to care if the rest of Wales is in poverty because of that, they just keep using the "blame Westminster" card for the things they themselves are screwing up.

Obviously I personally am not yet in favour of an indy Wales but maybe one day.

Indy-curious .... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Insult to injury? on 18:29 - Mar 6 with 907 viewsCatullus

Insult to injury? on 16:34 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

Indy-curious .... 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

When the circumstances are right Kilk which right now and for the forseeable future they definitely are not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024