Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tohack 10:56 - Mar 18 with 5563 viewsBadlands

Doing better than I expected ... ad giving Swans some praise.

The local Cyprus paper certainly concurs. When Toshack took over in December, Pafos were described as a team with 'no start, no middle and no end'. Now, after a run of five wins and 15 goals in seven games, they are 'the apotheosis of creation'. Or in blunter terms, playing attractive, attacking football.

'It's based on the old Swansea core principle of possession football,' explains Toshack,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8123739/Cameron-Toshack-left-

Would you have him back?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Tohack on 11:44 - Mar 20 with 884 viewsJackSomething

Tohack on 10:32 - Mar 20 by theloneranger

You can also look at some very successful managers who never played a single professional match in their careers ...

Arrigo Sacchi, Gerard Houllier, Roy Hodgson, Carlos Alberto Parreira, etc

Yep. Although having thought about it, the two people Kilkenny suggested as manager are Coleman (failure in all his club management posts) and Hartson (never been a manager or done any serious coaching).

What do these two have in common that Kilkenny would find attractive? Well, if you look at his views on our Academy over the years, it's clear he prioritises people born locally. Add in Hartson playing for Celtic and you can see why he's his preferred choice.

They are not criteria that the people running the club are likely to consider important, or just about anyone else for that matter, but it matters to Kilkenny so fair enough.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Tohack on 12:54 - Mar 20 with 842 viewsKilkennyjack

Tohack on 11:44 - Mar 20 by JackSomething

Yep. Although having thought about it, the two people Kilkenny suggested as manager are Coleman (failure in all his club management posts) and Hartson (never been a manager or done any serious coaching).

What do these two have in common that Kilkenny would find attractive? Well, if you look at his views on our Academy over the years, it's clear he prioritises people born locally. Add in Hartson playing for Celtic and you can see why he's his preferred choice.

They are not criteria that the people running the club are likely to consider important, or just about anyone else for that matter, but it matters to Kilkenny so fair enough.

I agree.

Plus big John speaks a lot of sense and has more connections in the modern game than nearly anyone else.

Big John would put some fire in the belly, which frankly i like to see.

Beware of the Risen People

Tohack on 18:49 - Mar 22 with 746 viewsjasper_T

Interview:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cameron-toshack-inter
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024