Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, China.. 17:32 - Mar 29 with 6745 viewsPozuelosSideys

When this mess eventually ends, whenever that may be, but it will. What will be done with China? Obviously its unlikely that there will be any aggressive measures and nor should there be. But should other countries look to put political pressure on their Government (or some other means) to try and get their population into the 21st centuryin terms of food hygiene, diet (for want of another word) and the medieval way in which they consume the types of protein which has put the world in this position.

China are trying to put themselves forward as a modern, technologically advanced, and somewhat wealthy nation (not for the majority of the population to be fair, but those in decision making positions of influence are), yet Coronovirus is not the first ill to come from their nation. SARS is one, but other people probably know of others.

Will China care? Can they be influenced?Can global public pressure influence anything if everyone just refused to buy their products? Will people just forget about this?

You can argue this isnt Chinas issue, its a Global one, as some newspapers have started writing about today. But the direct link between the consumption of bats and Chinese food markets and the direct links to viral outbreaks were papered back in 2007. It was spooky that this was called out 12 years previously and came true. Are there others?

What can be done?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

So, China.. on 08:37 - Apr 1 with 904 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So, China.. on 13:06 - Mar 31 by chad

Yep that’s why I originally said ‘and thought to have possibly transitioned via snakes or pangolin‘

I am not sure if any viruses have ever been passed directly from bats to humans but from what I have read there’s usually seems to be an intermediary.

Of course that doesn’t negate the future possibility of bats indirectly (or even directly) passing on even more dangerous viruses. This has of course long been warned of since the earlier transmissions of similar viruses.

Sure there is nothing new except that our intensive way of living and treating animals has allowed to take hold and spread.

Ozzy caught rabies from a bat 🦇. That wasn’t cooked either .......
[Post edited 1 Apr 2020 8:38]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

So, China.. on 09:02 - Apr 1 with 889 viewsScotia

So, China.. on 13:04 - Mar 30 by Thebus

Yes without doubt.
The reality maybe that only a tiny percentage of people actually die from the virus.
Also it’s quite possible that millions of people in this country may have already contracted the virus and had no symptoms whatsoever.

That is possible.
But the undeniable reality is that a small but significant percentage of people who contract the virus only survive, or at least need, hosptital style medical intervention. Which even in a controlled outbreak like we seem to have in the UK at the moment is in danger of overwhelming one of the most advanced health systems in the world.

A small percentage of a lot of people is still a lot of people.

At the very least the wet markets need to be banned - if anywhere can control something if they want to it is a state like China.
So, China.. on 16:39 - Apr 2 with 778 viewscontroversial_jack

It's thought likely that China suppressed the news of this virus for a month or two before they actually admitted it. It would explain why it moved around the world, and many people - myself included, believe they caught this before xmas, some even in November.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024