Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your survival chances 00:48 - Apr 10 with 2789 viewsbuilthjack

People on here didn't like what I put up. It was on sky news, said by a Doctor.
So I have taken it down ok.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 9:42]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your survival chances on 14:04 - Apr 10 with 616 viewsPorthcawlswan

Your survival chances on 11:09 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

There have been almost 8, 000, deaths and the total cases are 65,000 , the mortality rate is 12%. That doesn't take in consideration those who haven't been tested and have remained home.So this is far worse than anything we have seen before.

Tbh though the amount of people who have actually been infected is probably four times that. It seems it's very hard to be a confirmed case and normally you have to be admitted to hospital
Your survival chances on 14:18 - Apr 10 with 598 viewscontroversial_jack

Your survival chances on 14:04 - Apr 10 by Porthcawlswan

Tbh though the amount of people who have actually been infected is probably four times that. It seems it's very hard to be a confirmed case and normally you have to be admitted to hospital

To be confirmed yes in hospital. If not, you stay at home and have to fill in a form with your symptoms, etc, so an accurate number will be impossible to get
Your survival chances on 14:23 - Apr 10 with 595 viewsPorthcawlswan

Your survival chances on 14:18 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

To be confirmed yes in hospital. If not, you stay at home and have to fill in a form with your symptoms, etc, so an accurate number will be impossible to get

Exactly so I suspect realistically the rate of death would be around 1-2 percent of all cases were counted. Still far higher than 0.2 percent for flu
Your survival chances on 14:27 - Apr 10 with 586 viewsCatullus

Your survival chances on 11:09 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

There have been almost 8, 000, deaths and the total cases are 65,000 , the mortality rate is 12%. That doesn't take in consideration those who haven't been tested and have remained home.So this is far worse than anything we have seen before.

The death stat is only from confirmed cases though and very many more will have had/will get this virus.
The worldometer stats suggest that of the confirmed cases about 6-8% die,

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The confirmed cases will be a minority number compared to how many people have actually had it and the death rates so far vary greatly by age group too

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/how-many-will-die-of-coronavirus-i

But the death rate from confirmed cases (in that article) is 3-4% which it goes on to say is probably higher than the rate for the total number of cases and we'll probably never know that with any accuracy.

PS scaremongering is bad because, apart from scaring people without good cause, once it's outed as scaremongering it probably makes people feel safer than they really are too and more likely to break the rules...in my opinion.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Your survival chances on 14:47 - Apr 10 with 563 viewscontroversial_jack

Your survival chances on 14:27 - Apr 10 by Catullus

The death stat is only from confirmed cases though and very many more will have had/will get this virus.
The worldometer stats suggest that of the confirmed cases about 6-8% die,

The confirmed cases will be a minority number compared to how many people have actually had it and the death rates so far vary greatly by age group too

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/13/how-many-will-die-of-coronavirus-i

But the death rate from confirmed cases (in that article) is 3-4% which it goes on to say is probably higher than the rate for the total number of cases and we'll probably never know that with any accuracy.

PS scaremongering is bad because, apart from scaring people without good cause, once it's outed as scaremongering it probably makes people feel safer than they really are too and more likely to break the rules...in my opinion.

I had my figures from worldometer, and do a basic math and it is 12%
Your survival chances on 14:55 - Apr 10 with 547 viewsCatullus

Your survival chances on 14:47 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

Over 1,623,000 confirmed cases and 97,235 deaths, it's not 12%.

At 12% there would have been over 194,000 deaths.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Your survival chances on 14:59 - Apr 10 with 544 viewsDJack

Your survival chances on 14:47 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

Except that without a massive testing regime your baseline is in no way accurate.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Your survival chances on 15:08 - Apr 10 with 534 viewssainthelens

Your survival chances on 14:59 - Apr 10 by DJack

Except that without a massive testing regime your baseline is in no way accurate.

He's been wrong on few things, don't rub it in.
Login to get fewer ads

Your survival chances on 15:12 - Apr 10 with 523 viewscontroversial_jack

Your survival chances on 14:55 - Apr 10 by Catullus

Over 1,623,000 confirmed cases and 97,235 deaths, it's not 12%.

At 12% there would have been over 194,000 deaths.

The Uk has had 8,000 deaths and 65, 000 confirmed cases, it is 12%. work it out
Your survival chances on 15:14 - Apr 10 with 518 viewscontroversial_jack

Your survival chances on 14:59 - Apr 10 by DJack

I know and i stated that, but of those hospitalised, well work it out yourself
Your survival chances on 15:17 - Apr 10 with 508 viewsthornabyswan

Your survival chances on 14:04 - Apr 10 by Porthcawlswan

This and to be admitted to hospital you will more than likely be in a bad way.

Lots of people will have it very mild or have had it and not shown any symptoms at all.

Sky news will have a lot to answer for at the end of this panademic and the effect their reporting will have had on peoples mental health.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 15:19]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Your survival chances on 15:19 - Apr 10 with 497 viewssainthelens

Your survival chances on 15:17 - Apr 10 by thornabyswan

This and to be admitted to hospital you will more than likely be in a bad way.

Lots of people will have it very mild or have had it and not shown any symptoms at all.

Sky news will have a lot to answer for at the end of this panademic and the effect their reporting will have had on peoples mental health.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 15:19]

Indeed.
Kay Burley should be hung out to dry.
Your survival chances on 15:22 - Apr 10 with 494 viewsthornabyswan

Your survival chances on 15:19 - Apr 10 by sainthelens

Indeed.
Kay Burley should be hung out to dry.

She is a fukcing disgrace and makes the grim reaper seem like a pleasant chap.
A nasty bit of work she is.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2020 15:23]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Your survival chances on 15:28 - Apr 10 with 484 viewsCatullus

Your survival chances on 15:12 - Apr 10 by controversial_jack

The Uk has had 8,000 deaths and 65, 000 confirmed cases, it is 12%. work it out

Yes but again, those are the confirmed cases only and the numbers (as we have been told several times) are often a few days behind.

What the actual rate will be at the end of this we don't know but the real % could be no higher than 3-4%. It depends who you listen to and the experts havediffering opinions too,

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2239497-why-we-still-dont-know-what-the-dea

Until all the numbers are in (which is when the pandemic will have been beaten (technically speaking no longer officially a pandemic) and have been collated we won't know and even then it will only be of the confirmed cases. Accuracy is pretty much impossible unless you are testing everybody.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024