Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insomnia 02:25 - Jun 14 with 4325 viewsEbo

I've never really suffered from it in my lifetime, but since lockdown, I've developed a horrible cycle of just not being able to sleep. I have tried going to bed early and not being able to drift off until silly o'clock then waking up at 4/5 o'clock and not being able to get back to sleep. Cut out caffeine during the afternoons, no booze, walking every day, no stodge yet feel like a zombie most of the day, but bedtime I can't switch off.

Anyone else suffering from it?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Insomnia on 15:05 - Jun 14 with 866 viewsFireboy2

Insomnia on 15:00 - Jun 14 by chad

Um I would have thought a nice long bath, with scented candles and exotic oils, might be better

He could have a wash in there

Nah, too much hassle.
Insomnia on 15:19 - Jun 14 with 854 viewsLohengrin

Insomnia on 14:57 - Jun 14 by Fireboy2

How do you know what jobs people do?

Are you the oracle?

Because most of the regulars on here have said over the years.

Pay attention as you go along...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Insomnia on 15:34 - Jun 14 with 845 viewsEbo

Well, I managed 4 hours last night. Up at 6:30, coffee, toast then out for a long walk up the Dare Valley Country Park right up to the Darren to where the welsh flag is flying, down the Darren and up to Bwlfa Dare, down through Cwmdare and through Aberdare park. Fair old walk.

Cleaned kitchen and bathroom, put dinner on, tidied up a few things, watered plants.

Feel like I need a nap now but I dare not.

Thanks for all your advice. Hopefully, I can hit the sack at an early time tonight and get a good nights sleep and up early tomorrow.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Insomnia on 16:09 - Jun 14 with 828 viewsFireboy2

Insomnia on 15:19 - Jun 14 by Lohengrin

Because most of the regulars on here have said over the years.

Pay attention as you go along...

What if they changed jobs over the years?

Dear boy
Insomnia on 17:22 - Jun 14 with 810 viewsArthur_from_OTB

I usually put the Russian Rulers History Podcast on the internet radio with a 15 minute sleep setting. Although I think this podcast is great I am always in the arms of Morpheus before the end of the episode. Every episode is interesting and relaxing but not too stimulating.

https://www.podchaser.com/podcasts/russian-rulers-history-podcast-13907/episodes
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 17:24]
Insomnia (n/t) on 18:54 - Jun 14 with 761 viewsNogginthenog

Watch Greg Wallace videos on loop
[Post edited 14 Jun 2020 18:56]
Insomnia on 19:11 - Jun 14 with 746 viewsVetchfielder

I've read a few times that people shouldn't do social media stuff immediately before going to bed / or in bed because it creates a certain type of brain activity that is not conducive to sleep. And I have experienced that myself.
I've always got a book on the go and I find just reading in bed soon sends me off; I rarely last an hour before nodding off - usually half hour.
I sometimes wake at around 2.30 and can sometimes not get back to sleep for an hour but that's as bad as it gets for me.
My natural waking up time is now about 5.15 though after working 6 months where I needed to be in work by 06.30 to have conference calls with guys out in India.
I do actually enjoy being up that early before the house wakes up.

Good luck with sorting it out.

Proud to have been one of the 231

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024