Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126909 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:19 - Jul 7 with 1446 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:36 - Jul 6 by controversial_jack

The rule that says to not go more than 5 miles when you can shop elsewhere. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.

If there are 3 supermarkets one 4 mile, one 6 mikes and one 7 miles there is no additional risk travelling to which ever one you prefer. I would pick the one that has the safer queuing, distancing and checkout screens even if it is 7 miles away. It is common sense to pick what you consider the safest.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:38 - Jul 7 with 1432 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:19 - Jul 7 by felixstowe_jack

If there are 3 supermarkets one 4 mile, one 6 mikes and one 7 miles there is no additional risk travelling to which ever one you prefer. I would pick the one that has the safer queuing, distancing and checkout screens even if it is 7 miles away. It is common sense to pick what you consider the safest.

Rules are for a purpose. speed limits, warnings on food packaging, do not swim here as there are strong currents, etc. They may not be legal, but they are there to keep us and everyone else safe.

Very little was and is still known about the transmission of this virus.The 5 mile ruling may have been over cautious or it may have been effective, we will never know, but it was done with the best intentions to keep ppl in Wales safe. We were always told in work, if in doubt go over the top with PPE and safety procedures rather than the other way around

Some on here think they know better and seem to think it's a big game to push the boundaries as far as they can. Admittedly, going a few miles over the limit is probably harmless, but the next day they will try to push it further, and the object of the ruling is, to prevent those from an area with the virus taking it to an area that doesn't

I don't get why people can't just go along with it in the spirit with which it was implemented, instead of trying to be know all smart arses.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:57 - Jul 7 with 1422 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:38 - Jul 7 by controversial_jack

Rules are for a purpose. speed limits, warnings on food packaging, do not swim here as there are strong currents, etc. They may not be legal, but they are there to keep us and everyone else safe.

Very little was and is still known about the transmission of this virus.The 5 mile ruling may have been over cautious or it may have been effective, we will never know, but it was done with the best intentions to keep ppl in Wales safe. We were always told in work, if in doubt go over the top with PPE and safety procedures rather than the other way around

Some on here think they know better and seem to think it's a big game to push the boundaries as far as they can. Admittedly, going a few miles over the limit is probably harmless, but the next day they will try to push it further, and the object of the ruling is, to prevent those from an area with the virus taking it to an area that doesn't

I don't get why people can't just go along with it in the spirit with which it was implemented, instead of trying to be know all smart arses.

They are just using common sense. If it is not a guide it is an order which even the Welsh Assembly and Drakeford agreed it was not.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:47 - Jul 7 with 1405 viewscontroversial_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:57 - Jul 7 by felixstowe_jack

They are just using common sense. If it is not a guide it is an order which even the Welsh Assembly and Drakeford agreed it was not.

You have either completely missed the point or it has gone way over your head.I hope it's the first
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:54 - Jul 7 with 1396 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:47 - Jul 7 by controversial_jack

You have either completely missed the point or it has gone way over your head.I hope it's the first

You have surely missed the point that it was a guideline and people should use common sense rather than slavishly obeying a dictat.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:45 - Jul 7 with 1355 viewsexhmrc1

The figures are out today. Wales had 10 new cases today the equivalent of 214 in the uk .The UK figure for new cases today is 581. That is over 2 and 1/2 times the Welsh figure. There were 3 deaths is Wales today the equivalent of 64. The UK death figures today shows 155.Again well over double the equivalent Welsh rate. The facts speak for themselves.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:28 - Jul 7 with 1323 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:45 - Jul 7 by exhmrc1

The figures are out today. Wales had 10 new cases today the equivalent of 214 in the uk .The UK figure for new cases today is 581. That is over 2 and 1/2 times the Welsh figure. There were 3 deaths is Wales today the equivalent of 64. The UK death figures today shows 155.Again well over double the equivalent Welsh rate. The facts speak for themselves.

Pity you are using phw figures for Wales which only include deaths and positive results in hospitals.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:29 - Jul 7 with 1319 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:18 - Jul 7 by Scotia

I assume similar to the rest of the UK, contact details, table service etc.

Just remember that you do not have to give your details

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:41 - Jul 7 with 1303 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:29 - Jul 7 by Andy1300

Just remember that you do not have to give your details

And they don’t have to serve you or let you in if you don’t. Most up here are refusing entry to any prat that won’t.

Why would you not give your details?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:46 - Jul 7 with 1295 viewslondonlisa2001

The England equivalent figure today to the 3 deaths is 36, not 155 (that figure includes care homes and other settings from as early as April and May).

And UK cases today include 250 back reported.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:09 - Jul 7 with 1275 viewsScotia

And still tumbling in England despite having much more freedom. That is the fact that matters.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:17 - Jul 7 with 1257 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 17:41 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

And they don’t have to serve you or let you in if you don’t. Most up here are refusing entry to any prat that won’t.

GDPR.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:19 - Jul 7 with 1252 viewsAndy1300

You don’t have to give any details to be close to others in a supermarket, what’s the difference?

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:21 - Jul 7 with 1249 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:17 - Jul 7 by Andy1300

GDPR.

You’re filling in a paper form which is only kept for 21 days. It’s just to save time. “They” know you’re there anyway if you use a card to pay for drinks (and, again, I can only say what’s happening here), cash isn’t accepted.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:21 - Jul 7 with 1247 viewsexhmrc1

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:09 - Jul 7 by Scotia

And still tumbling in England despite having much more freedom. That is the fact that matters.

Tumbling at a far lower rate. The figures clearly show that in part due to the success of the stay local rule.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:24 - Jul 7 with 1238 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:21 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

You’re filling in a paper form which is only kept for 21 days. It’s just to save time. “They” know you’re there anyway if you use a card to pay for drinks (and, again, I can only say what’s happening here), cash isn’t accepted.

I’m not prepared to give my details to someone who is recording it on paper, they can go without the custom

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:25 - Jul 7 with 1231 viewsAndy1300

Why are you so fond of calling other people names?

What is your problem?

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:26 - Jul 7 with 1227 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:24 - Jul 7 by Andy1300

I’m not prepared to give my details to someone who is recording it on paper, they can go without the custom

That’s fine then. You don’t go to a pub and they don’t take your name.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:28 - Jul 7 with 1218 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:25 - Jul 7 by Andy1300

Why are you so fond of calling other people names?

What is your problem?

Where did I call anyone a name?
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:31 - Jul 7 with 1208 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:19 - Jul 7 by Andy1300

You don’t have to give any details to be close to others in a supermarket, what’s the difference?

You genuinely don’t know after three or four months of incessant public health information why passing someone in the supermarket aisle isn’t the same as sitting in a pub with someone for a couple of hours?

Wow.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:36 - Jul 7 with 1199 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:24 - Jul 7 by Andy1300

Personally I'd give my name, DNA and let them put a microchip in my neck if it meant it helped control the virus. And I could have a proper pint.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:46 - Jul 7 with 1193 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:28 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

Where did I call anyone a name?

Quote “any prat”

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:48 - Jul 7 with 1188 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:31 - Jul 7 by londonlisa2001

You genuinely don’t know after three or four months of incessant public health information why passing someone in the supermarket aisle isn’t the same as sitting in a pub with someone for a couple of hours?

Wow.

All it takes is a cough or a sneeze or someone spraying when talking, you don’t need to be in someone’s company for an extended period.

I can’t believe that you don’t know this after months of public health information

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:50 - Jul 7 with 1185 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:36 - Jul 7 by Scotia

Personally I'd give my name, DNA and let them put a microchip in my neck if it meant it helped control the virus. And I could have a proper pint.

You carry on, it won’t necessarily prevent you catching the virus, a virus that has a survival rate of over 99%

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:10 - Jul 7 with 1163 viewslondonlisa2001

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:46 - Jul 7 by Andy1300

Quote “any prat”

Yes, any prat that won’t give their contact details.

Wasn’t talking about you - you said you weren’t going?
[Post edited 7 Jul 2020 19:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024