Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is the lock down ending too soon? 04:59 - Jul 1 with 126641 viewsGlyn1

That's basically it.

Thoughts please.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 5:00]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:37 - Oct 31 with 1276 viewsmajorraglan

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:22 - Oct 31 by exhmrc1

This is probably the reason cases are jumping. People dont follow the rules. Lockdowns are useless unless enforced and we havent done that. People and governments are totally irresponsible.

We got the figures down then stupidly reopened borders and allowed the virus to come back. It has escalated ever since. This allied to pubs opening has been a large part of the problem.

They bring in compulsory masks in shops where there really isnt a problem. Pubs, restaurants and offices where people are together longer they dont bring a mask policy in.

Until lockdowns are strictly enforced nothing will change. Lockdown means exactly that. You cannot leave some areas open. Essential shops yes but if anything else is open it will continue to spread. Even if the lockdown manages to reduce the figures they will increase again once it is over if people just carry on as they are.

We got in a very good position in early August and ruined it. We shouldnt be in this position now.

I agree with a lot of this. I read an article in one of the tidy papers a few weeks ago about a council up Essex way, they took action to enforce Government legislation only to have a call from a Government Department and junior minister telling them not to take enforcement action! I tried looking for the link but can’t find it. This suggests to me the Government is paying lip service to the position, introducing rules it has no interest in enforcing and just allowing things to develop.
The situation with Tier 3 is ridiculous, we have areas of high infection and there are no laws to stop people going in or out, just guidance. Areas should be locked down FFS.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 14:46 - Oct 31 with 1250 viewsCatullus

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:37 - Oct 31 by majorraglan

I agree with a lot of this. I read an article in one of the tidy papers a few weeks ago about a council up Essex way, they took action to enforce Government legislation only to have a call from a Government Department and junior minister telling them not to take enforcement action! I tried looking for the link but can’t find it. This suggests to me the Government is paying lip service to the position, introducing rules it has no interest in enforcing and just allowing things to develop.
The situation with Tier 3 is ridiculous, we have areas of high infection and there are no laws to stop people going in or out, just guidance. Areas should be locked down FFS.

I agree with you. Whether or not people agree with the rules, the government should enforce any laws they make.

We already have enough laws that don't seem to be enforced, no wonder so many do what the heck they please.

Even with enforcement too many would break the rules, without it, it's practically a free for all.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 08:25 - Nov 3 with 1199 viewsAndy1300

Welcome to North Korea.

They say it will be “offered” but how long before it’s forced upon you?

I guess they are looking for mass testing to find a hell of a lot more positive results so they can force even more restrictions on people.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/everyone-liverpool-tested-co

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:18 - Nov 3 with 1186 viewsA_Fans_Dad

This latest nationwide lockdown is based on scaremongering by the so called experts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8907339/How-No10s-experts-shamelessly-m
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:52 - Nov 3 with 1169 viewsScotia

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/kitchener-school-cardiff-coronavirus
19212851#source=breaking-news

This is pretty shocking.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:19 - Nov 3 with 1155 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 11:18 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

This latest nationwide lockdown is based on scaremongering by the so called experts.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8907339/How-No10s-experts-shamelessly-m

It’s what they do.

People are starting to see through the bull, more and more.

About time some of the papers started questioning it.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:20 - Nov 3 with 1150 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 12:52 - Nov 3 by Scotia

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/kitchener-school-cardiff-coronavirus
19212851#source=breaking-news

This is pretty shocking.

Just get an oops message

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:24 - Nov 3 with 1144 viewschad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:20 - Nov 3 by Andy1300

Just get an oops message

Ditto - from the title could be the story linked below - our bogside affairs correspondent highjack will be along to comment

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/child-hospitalised-following-c
Login to get fewer ads

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:27 - Nov 3 with 1139 viewsAndy1300

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:24 - Nov 3 by chad

Ditto - from the title could be the story linked below - our bogside affairs correspondent highjack will be along to comment

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/child-hospitalised-following-c

That is shocking.

This is the sort of bull that’s being caused by the panic around the virus.

Number 1 team in Wales

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:31 - Nov 3 with 1136 viewschad

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:27 - Nov 3 by Andy1300

That is shocking.

This is the sort of bull that’s being caused by the panic around the virus.

Sounds like doesn’t it, but although seems same school as given in original link, just noticed story was last November. So perhaps not what the original link was about.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 16:48 - Nov 3 with 1117 viewsBoundy

Well back on topic ,but I've seen very little evidence of a lock down other than pubs restaurants hairdressers and the local yankee candle outlet . Just take a spin around the enterprise park (on my bike) and if i wanted to I could buy a second hand starter motor from a well established car dismantler, pop in to pick a new carpet for bedroom, buy a puncture repair kit or a new bike from a cycle shop , a new battery from a car shop , antifreeze from to motor factors, car service and if I was feeling really flush a second hand car (with a warranty). House building and the new Costa Coffee outlet in Birchgrove continues apace with little or no sign of social distancing , so whats its all about because I'm confused?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 18:26 - Nov 3 with 1103 viewsScotia

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 13:20 - Nov 3 by Andy1300

Just get an oops message

I'll try again. She shouldn't be allowed to teach again.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:29 - Nov 3 with 1092 viewsA_Fans_Dad

She was just following the example set by British politicians.
Is the lock down ending too soon? on 21:51 - Nov 3 with 1074 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 19:29 - Nov 3 by A_Fans_Dad

She was just following the example set by British politicians.

Scottish politician I think it was.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Is the lock down ending too soon? on 22:15 - Nov 5 with 1024 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024