Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Issue with bookie - 05:01 - Jul 3 with 1510 viewsswan85

Also put on new site. Evening fellow Jacks, got an issue with a bookie (which I have had before) in a bet on a game I was playing over 2.5 on goals and received a notification that a 3rd goal had been scored and it allowed me to cash out at full bet value. The goal under VAR was then disallowed.

Now I know the bookie claim this is wrongly settled, and therefore will reverse, citing their Ts&Cs.

However under contract law offer and acceptance, they have offered me the cash out and I have Accepted the value. I have also used the cash to place a subsequent bet.

any learned fans got a view on this. I think these bookies need to look at their practices in light of VAR.
Issue with bookie - on 07:06 - Jul 3 with 1466 viewsBrynmill_Jack

How about don’t gamble, it’s a mugs game?? I’ve seen people staking (a factory worker) over a grand on the outcome of a football match. Awful, a curse on modern society. Does as much destruction as heroin or alcoholism.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Issue with bookie - on 08:31 - Jul 3 with 1426 viewspikeypaul

Have they voided the subsequent bet ?

Cashing out is scandalous it allows the bookie to take a margin on the way into a bet and also take a margin if you want to get out of it by “cashing out” . Human instinct makes some take the offer,but you are losing a lot of the “value” the bet has built up, the bookies love you doing it otherwise they would not offer you a route out of the bet.

Gambling is only destructive if you are a loser and do not understand the mechanics of a “book”.
I know a few guys that make good money in taking value and playing the bookies at their own game, time consuming but profitable.

The only problem is the online bookies only allow losers long term and accounts get closed if you win over time or constantly take top price, or the till monkeys in the shops refuse their bets so it’s a constant battle for them to get money on.

We should have a system like Australia where a bookie is required by law to accept a bet it offers to all customers up to a certain liability, and not just from the long term losers which is the case in the U.K.

Brynmill would you be happy for the 45000 shop staff in the U.K. to get sacked .

Personally I would like all shops closed IF alternative employment could be found for the staff. The fact is they are rapidly closing anyway, with Fred Done the owner of betfred stating last week within 10-15 years there will not be a bookmaking shop left on the high street.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 9:01]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Issue with bookie - on 13:30 - Jul 3 with 1340 viewsswan85

Issue with bookie - on 08:31 - Jul 3 by pikeypaul

Have they voided the subsequent bet ?

Cashing out is scandalous it allows the bookie to take a margin on the way into a bet and also take a margin if you want to get out of it by “cashing out” . Human instinct makes some take the offer,but you are losing a lot of the “value” the bet has built up, the bookies love you doing it otherwise they would not offer you a route out of the bet.

Gambling is only destructive if you are a loser and do not understand the mechanics of a “book”.
I know a few guys that make good money in taking value and playing the bookies at their own game, time consuming but profitable.

The only problem is the online bookies only allow losers long term and accounts get closed if you win over time or constantly take top price, or the till monkeys in the shops refuse their bets so it’s a constant battle for them to get money on.

We should have a system like Australia where a bookie is required by law to accept a bet it offers to all customers up to a certain liability, and not just from the long term losers which is the case in the U.K.

Brynmill would you be happy for the 45000 shop staff in the U.K. to get sacked .

Personally I would like all shops closed IF alternative employment could be found for the staff. The fact is they are rapidly closing anyway, with Fred Done the owner of betfred stating last week within 10-15 years there will not be a bookmaking shop left on the high street.

OUT

AFLI
[Post edited 3 Jul 2020 9:01]

No they never voided the subsequent bet. I withdrew the money and they ended up setting account back to zero, therefore paying out on the original bet. Happy days!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024